Drug Addicts with their Excuses.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Drug Addicts with their Excuses.

Postby Gixxer » Oct 27th, 2018, 2:01 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/24 ... of-respect

I remember this woman way back before she became a homeless drug addict. She worked at Subway in the Fruit Union Plaza.

Here's the problem with the homeless drug addicts. They blame society and make excuses for their problems in life. Not once will you hear them say. I use to party I dabbled in drugs and I got caught by addiction.

Her excuse of there's no payphones to call for help. Vernon has great resources for mental health issues and addictions. Its just a matter of walking through the door and asking for it.

5 people like this post.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1562 posts

Re: Drug Addicts with their Excuses.

Postby GordonH » Oct 27th, 2018, 2:40 pm

That old saying comes true here: "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"

You can lead a addict to recovery but you can't make them clean up there life.
That is something they must want to do themselves. When they want to do that, then change happens
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

3 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8430 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby dontrump » Oct 27th, 2018, 4:13 pm

unfortunately she has more mental issues than any other thing
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 718 posts

Postby TomBits » Oct 29th, 2018, 9:59 am

Maybe if they didnt do so many drugs they wouldnt have mental issues

6 people like this post.
TomBits

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby GordonH » Oct 29th, 2018, 12:50 pm

TomBits wrote:Maybe if they didnt do so many drugs they wouldnt have mental issues

Actually they use the drugs to self medicate, which does not help their illness.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8430 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby bob vernon » Oct 29th, 2018, 12:52 pm

Maybe if they didn't have mental health issues they wouldn't do so many drugs.

There. Fixed it up for ya. Even the punctuation.

spooker likes this post.
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1421 posts

Postby Hassel99 » Oct 29th, 2018, 12:57 pm

TomBits wrote:Maybe if they didnt do so many drugs they wouldnt have mental issues

That’s really not how this works, but that’s for trying (I guess)
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3255 posts

Postby Chyren » Nov 3rd, 2018, 7:40 am

Actually if you ever talk to them they'll easily admit to their addictions. What a concept eh? Talking.

spooker likes this post.
Chyren
Board Meister

Liked in: 368 posts

Postby Ken7 » Nov 3rd, 2018, 8:07 am

dontrump wrote:unfortunately she has more mental issues than any other thing

Do you know her personally? If you do not, how did you arrive at that conclusion?
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 3030 posts

Postby dontrump » Nov 3rd, 2018, 7:58 pm

Ken7 wrote:
dontrump wrote:unfortunately she has more mental issues than any other thing

Do you know her personally? If you do not, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

LOL you know I gues iam just that smart I supose LOL
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 718 posts

Postby gordon_as » Nov 3rd, 2018, 10:54 pm

bob vernon wrote:Maybe if they didn't have mental health issues they wouldn't do so many drugs.

Well , I can only speak from personal experience. My Son was a smart , happy , kid who was a joy to be around. Then he started doing party drugs with his friends. 4 years later , he was a space cadet . You couldn't even have a conversation with him , even when he was not stoned. He's not doing the hard drugs anymore. While he's not totally out to lunch now , he's definitely not the same person that he used to be. The brain damage done by cocaine and ecstasy was devastating and is permanent. Kid is 29 , and has absolutely no future.
New for 2018 : Now posting at the maturity level of the average Lieberal cheerleader. Any intelligent remarks or verifiable facts are probably accidental.

2 people like this post.
gordon_as
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1027 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 4th, 2018, 6:31 am

gordon_as wrote:
bob vernon wrote:Maybe if they didn't have mental health issues they wouldn't do so many drugs.

Well , I can only speak from personal experience. My Son was a smart , happy , kid who was a joy to be around. Then he started doing party drugs with his friends. 4 years later , he was a space cadet . You couldn't even have a conversation with him , even when he was not stoned. He's not doing the hard drugs anymore. While he's not totally out to lunch now , he's definitely not the same person that he used to be. The brain damage done by cocaine and ecstasy was devastating and is permanent. Kid is 29 , and has absolutely no future.

Maybe he was already weak ? Just suggesting it. Most kids in Kelowna do piles of blow and E. Most are just fine. Even myself. Smoked crack daily for years. Not really that damaged.

Do you think maybe the drugs are worse now ? Or is it something else. Like a pre existing condition.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3272 posts

Postby W105 » Nov 4th, 2018, 12:56 pm

no Jflem..people who are hard drug users and hard drinkers aren't just fine when they get older...even when they stop decades later and completely change their lifestyles..

I know plenty of ex crack smokers (who did it in their 20's) who are now in their mid 50's+ who now have COPD (just remember what exactly you were inhaling) and also have heart conditions and/or damage..

some users don't see the effects until they get older...but trust me, you play with that *bleep* even for a short period of time your body/mind/soul will have damage...

hence Gordon_as seeing it himself with his own son...
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3803 posts

Postby Even Steven » Nov 4th, 2018, 1:12 pm

Mental illnesses lead to drug consumption, not the other way around.

Ka-El likes this post.
Even Steven
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2226 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 4th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Even Steven wrote:

Mental illnesses lead to drug consumption, not the other way around.

I'm going to add to that Even Steven: emotional pain. The black hole in the soul that can not be filled with material goods, that only the proper family love and structure could have provided. I have met many who were just so neglected that drug and alcohol consumption was the only relief from the emotional pain of just living with terrible memories and neglect.

So yes, mental illness but also emotional pain. For those out there who have had great families, no or few issues, I assure you, you have no idea.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.

3 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 14315 posts

Next

Return to Social Concerns