Public School goes to Bible Camp

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
CupLake9

Public School goes to Bible Camp

Post by CupLake9 »

Yes, its true. Okanagan public schools are sending children to bible camps!!! They are changing the name of the camp in communications for fear of back lash from parents.
OhMyDarlin
Fledgling

Re: Public School goes to Bible Camp

Post by OhMyDarlin »

Link?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Yeah ... Last year , my kids school held a grade 7 " graduation thing " out at the Green Bay bible camp ... Wasn't like it was a 8:30 Sunday mass at the Catholic church . I wouldn't mind that either but the Buddhists , and Anglicans might .. Muslims would be up in arms about that for certain though ..

If it's just the bible camp renting out space for a function, no big deal .. They do it all the time
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

MAPearce wrote:Yeah ... Last year , my kids school held a grade 7 " graduation thing " out at the Green Bay bible camp ... Wasn't like it was a 8:30 Sunday mass at the Catholic church . I wouldn't mind that either but the Buddhists , and Anglicans might .. Muslims would be up in arms about that for certain though ..

If it's just the bible camp renting out space for a function, no big deal .. They do it all the time

exactly. Gardom Lake takes a lot of school class campouts as well
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

MAPearce wrote:Yeah ... Last year , my kids school held a grade 7 " graduation thing " out at the Green Bay bible camp ... Wasn't like it was a 8:30 Sunday mass at the Catholic church . I wouldn't mind that either but the Buddhists , and Anglicans might .. Muslims would be up in arms about that for certain though ..

It just makes sense to use these facilities, since they are setup for large groups i.e kitchen/s, showers etc
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

CupLake9 wrote:Yes, its true. Okanagan public schools are sending children to bible camps!!! They are changing the name of the camp in communications for fear of back lash from parents.

Judging by your post, sounds like you're one of the backlashing parents?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I can imagine the "backlash" my Anglican parents had when I went to the local Baptist church with my older brother to play free floor hockey on Wednesday night back in Burnaby ....

11 months later I can home to my little sister ....

Hmmm.....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

CupLake9 wrote:Yes, its true. Okanagan public schools are sending children to bible camps!!! They are changing the name of the camp in communications for fear of back lash from parents.

So what did they call it?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
CupLake9

Post by CupLake9 »

Anonymous123 wrote:So what did they call it?

The principal change the name "Sunnybrae Bible Camp" to "Sunnybrae Outdoor Camp". After I had already complained to him about the trip.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

CupLake9 wrote:
The principal change the name "Sunnybrae Bible Camp" to "Sunnybrae Outdoor Camp". After I had already complained to him about the trip.

And what is it seems to trouble you?
Last edited by OKkayak on Oct 30th, 2018, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Are religious activities part of the public school camp itinerary?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

CupLake9 wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:So what did they call it?

Have you also complained about the farce that Social Studies has become ?
or,
Their attempts to bury heads in the sand about factual Historical events ?

If so, fine, shows consistency.

If not.......? :138:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

CupLake9 wrote:The principal change the name "Sunnybrae Bible Camp" to "Sunnybrae Outdoor Camp". After I had already complained to him about the trip.

Do you have any alternative locations that could be used.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

CupLake9 wrote:The principal change the name "Sunnybrae Bible Camp" to "Sunnybrae Outdoor Camp". After I had already complained to him about the trip.

If the location and curriculum of this school activity bothers you that much then it is your right as the parent to have your child exempted from it. If the other parents don't have an issue with it then it will go forward.

Have you ever been to a wedding in a Church or a reception in a venue owned by a religious organization? If so were you traumatized by the experience? Do you have PTSD from it?

If not then what is your problem?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Whole lot about nothing.

Return to “Social Concerns”