"Guns don't kill people"

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: "Guns don't kill people"

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 12th, 2018, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

tantor wrote:250,000 deaths a year in hospital blunders in the US and about 25,000 in Canada. So should we ban hospitals? Plenty of things one could cite that have far higher death rates than guns. Clearly this is an agenda driven topic. Most people don't know anyone who murdered by a firearm, everybody knows someone who died in a car accident. More people are murdered by knives every year where is the national call to register of ban knives? Oh that's right there isn't one unless you live in England where everyone is getting stabbed. People who are going to kill will kill. If I have to go, I'd rather it be a bullet than a blade plunged into me multiple times. Lets figure out how to stop crazy, unless we can do that not much is going to change.

So let me understand this logic: because there are many people who die by medical mistakes while doctors and nurses are trying to save lives, people should not be so concerned about gun shot injuries and death?
Perhaps if fewer people turned up in the hospital with so many critical gun shot injuries, there would be fewer of them dying. and perhaps the doctors and nurses would have more time and resources to look after all their critical patients if they weren't so tied up with the gun shots.

Then there's the cost of treating all these gun shot injuries: 2.8 Billion in the U.s. per year. Who pays for that?
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Nov 11th, 2018, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Silverstarqueen wrote:
tantor wrote:250,000 deaths a year in hospital blunders in the US and about 25,000 in Canada. So should we ban hospitals? Plenty of things one could cite that have far higher death rates than guns. Clearly this is an agenda driven topic. Most people don't know anyone who murdered by a firearm, everybody knows someone who died in a car accident. More people are murdered by knives every year where is the national call to register of ban knives? Oh that's right there isn't one unless you live in England where everyone is getting stabbed. People who are going to kill will kill. If I have to go, I'd rather it be a bullet than a blade plunged into me multiple times. Lets figure out how to stop crazy, unless we can do that not much is going to change.

So let me understand this logic: because there are many people who die by medical mistakes while doctors and nurses are trying to save lives, people should not be so concerned about gun shot injuries and death?
Perhaps if fewer people turned up in the hospital with so many critical gun shot injuries, there would be fewer of them dying. and perhaps the doctors and nurses would have more time and resources to look after all their critical patients if they weren't so tied up with the gun shots.

Gun owners. Also trying to save lives. What are you not understanding. Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 11th, 2018, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Today is Nov 11. Lets remember that the people of Nazi Germany (Jews mainly) were told to surrender their guns...and it didn't work out well for them after they did. History always repeats itself. Always

AMEN brother ... amen .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Silverstarqueen wrote:

Jflem1983 wrote:So let me understand this logic: because there are many people who die by medical mistakes while doctors and nurses are trying to save lives, people should not be so concerned about gun shot injuries and death?

Gun owners. Also trying to save lives. What are you not understanding. Can not wait till u get to be a victim. How your tune will change

I'm listening to the victims of school shootings, and the family members of people who were shot dead in shootings. Their tune is: No more shootings. No more people running around with guns with a grudge. I don't hear many saying, let's have more guns in our schools and churches and night clubs. The young people in the Parkland shooting said "Enough", and got some laws changed in Florida. When other places become victimized, they suddenly realize they can be targets too. So I applaud the efforts of our Canadian police to stop guns at the border, to seize gun stashes from criminals. Because every gun that is not floating around out there can't kill another person.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

oldtrucker wrote:
I doubt that KGH or any other hospital in Canada s overwhelmed with gunshot wounds to fix.
Today is Nov 11. Lets remember that the people of Nazi Germany (Jews mainly) were told to surrender their guns...and it didn't work out well for them after they did. History always repeats itself. Always.

And then what happened? The nazis armed their people to march into other countries to take over and started a world war.
What was the conclusion of soldiers who fought in those world wars? Never again.
So maybe we should be listening to their message.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ive been victim to gun violence. Why am i not one of the lunatic moon howlers.

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

And then what happened?

SIX MILLION PEOPLE DIED at the hands of those who disarmed them .........

FUQUE ! .. I bet you're just a blast at parties ........
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Fought for my life. Took more than a solid right hand. Took some calm too. Had the drop on me right away. Robbed me .

OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

oldtrucker wrote:Lets remember that the people of Nazi Germany (Jews mainly) were told to surrender their guns...and it didn't work out well for them after they did. History always repeats itself. Always.

Talk about grasping at straws, by far one of the weakest if not the weakest arguments.

Resistance forces sure had no problems getting the weapons they needed and they managed to do quite a bit of damage as well.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

OKkayak wrote:
oldtrucker wrote:Lets remember that the people of Nazi Germany (Jews mainly) were told to surrender their guns...and it didn't work out well for them after they did. History always repeats itself. Always.

Talk about grasping at straws, by far one of the weakest if not the weakest arguments.

Resistance forces sure had no problems getting the weapons they needed and they managed to do quite a bit of damage as well.

Lol. Ok then. Thats why they keep Aushwitz i guess. Stop nonsense like this spreading.

OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Jflem1983 wrote:Lol. Ok then. Thats why they keep Aushwitz i guess. Stop nonsense like this spreading.

You honestly believe that a small number of civilians with guns could have gone up against an army numbering over 10 million?

So, how many mass shootings have been prevented by civilians with guns? How many were saved vs how many have died?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

OKkayak wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Lol. Ok then. Thats why they keep Aushwitz i guess. Stop nonsense like this spreading.

You honestly believe that a small number of civilians with guns could have gone up against an army numbering over 10 million?

So, how many mass shootings have been prevented by civilians with arms? How many were saved vs how many have died?

Every month in American Rifleman there are about 8 diffrent stories. So at least 8 a month

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

If 6 million people were armed and fought for the right to live. There would have been a much shorter war. Pretty hard to fight back when you have no weapons and are starving. Look at Venezuela. Very similar.

OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Jflem1983 wrote:Every month in American Rifleman there are about 8 diffrent stories. So at least 8 a month

8 mass shootings that are reported in "American Rifleman" but not in the general media? Interesting.

Return to “Social Concerns”