Adults Only

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Adults Only

Post by MAPearce »

^^^ and some blame it on children..

sigh ...

When I'm out with the kids , I'm the one acting up ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
cuba108
Fledgling

Post by cuba108 »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jan 6th, 2019, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting.
If no one has died on the table, you have not done enough surgeries.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Hmmmm. My little story...no one got the gist.....nearly....

At times it takes more than the parental unit to guide our youth through some
stressful times...
"Deleted much by poster".......................................
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

cuba108 wrote:removed.

Hmmmm. My little story...no one got the gist.....nearly....

I think I got it DB .. If you read 108's comment before being removed , You'd know that I'm not one to discriminate against children for being children.. Parents for not parenting is completely different ...

I don't care if there's kids around , I have kids and love every minute of it .. EVEN when they're being snot heads.

It's part of life and , contrary to cuba108's little jab , if I know that kids have been banned from a certain place before I go , I'd rather not ...

One of the things exponentially worse than kids are those hoity toity "adults" who can't handle them ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Yes Map, There was a couple posts removed that I was responding to.
They had their little tantrums turned on them and ran.

Seems the loudest complainers toward unruly children have yet to
grow out of the same behavior themselves.

Me being me, have zero issue pointing it out to them in my ever
so delicate fashion.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Me being me, have zero issue pointing it out to them in my ever
so delicate fashion.

I like the word " eloquence " db ...

You know ? how to tell someone to EFF of so well that they don't know you did until 30 metres later .
that_internet_guy

Post by that_internet_guy »

I was in Orchard Park yesterday, looking around Chapters for a book and there was a group of 5 younger girls, maybe around 4 years old running around screaming while their parent was sitting in a chair reading. Now I have a bad leg and require a cane to get around. These girls are running around, making it very difficult to move through the aisle. I notice them running back to the person in the chair and they shrug it off "They're not hurting anyone".

I hope one day we do have adults only hours in businesses.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

that_internet_guy wrote:I was in Orchard Park yesterday, looking around Chapters for a book and there was a group of 5 younger girls, maybe around 4 years old running around screaming while their parent was sitting in a chair reading. Now I have a bad leg and require a cane to get around. These girls are running around, making it very difficult to move through the aisle. I notice them running back to the person in the chair and they shrug it off "They're not hurting anyone".

This is all about parenting skills or lack of them. My parents taught us kids to be at our best behavior while out and about (they meant, no crap tolerated).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

that_internet_guy wrote:I was in Orchard Park yesterday, looking around Chapters for a book and there was a group of 5 younger girls, maybe around 4 years old running around screaming while their parent was sitting in a chair reading. Now I have a bad leg and require a cane to get around. These girls are running around, making it very difficult to move through the aisle. I notice them running back to the person in the chair and they shrug it off "They're not hurting anyone".

Took the kids to Superstore today ... Just got back actually ..

Kids were barkin at me for being in the way of the old and infirm while I was picking out my russets . I wasn't in the way of anyone in the aisle but not being done selecting my spuds fast enough seemed to be irritating to the aforementioned ...

Sorry I ain't fast enough for you Gramps , but my kids felt your "pain" and considered those of you with canes before I could even look up ..

You can thank me later .
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Children should always be left with the nanny when parents are busy or away from the home.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Why don't you just select book stores with adult only sections?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bpeep wrote:Children should always be left with the nanny when parents are busy or away from the home.

Hahahaha, those are not parents, those are mearly people with kids....
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Yup.
And by hiring a nanny, they don't have to contend with the screaming brats and sticky everythings.
Little kids are loud. And dirty.
Like pet monkeys without cages.
Ick.
A10ThunderboltII
Fledgling

Post by A10ThunderboltII »

[quote="Jonrox"][quote="Fancy"]I thought there were more than a few restaurants that accommodate families with young children and adult only. You can choose which side you want to have a meal in.[/quote]

WHERE ? WHERE ?

A lot of restaurants with lounges do this. I'd be happy if all restaurants had adults-only sections.[/quote]

Amen!!!

Remember when the hostess asked " smoking or NON"?

NOW, I ask for the NON SCREAMING section..
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Restauranta and businesses should take control and not allow disruption , if only . Some whiner would act offended that they couldnt do as they wish and whip out their universal victim card . .
Strong and free

Return to “Social Concerns”