You are #FakeNews: "racist" Catholic boys

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

You are #FakeNews: "racist" Catholic boys

Postby Glacier » Jan 21st, 2019, 9:51 am

CNN, the CBC and many others engaged in the most disgusting bit of lying and fake news ever over the weekend. The Nazis and Communists would be proud.

If the media is going to call Trump out on his lying, they can't engage is the same sort of antics. They have zero credibility. It's amazing to hear CBC radio still pushing the same narrative on the radio just now even after the video evidence has come out. They continue to lie, and even deleted a video they posted because it exposed their lies.

A lot of people hate Catholics, white men, private schools, and pro-lifers so they will never accept the truth about the story. Narrative trumps the facts with the political partisans.
https://www.thepostmillennial.com/the-m ... xp02TwAP5I

https://quillette.com/2019/01/20/truth- ... dentities/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZTDIoywwGk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNfaYtvpJj4
Last edited by Glacier on Jan 21st, 2019, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”

2 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 11446 posts

Re: You are #FakeNews

Postby Fancy » Jan 21st, 2019, 9:58 am

Might be a little more direct on what is fake. The student and family are getting death threats and Nathan Phillips I think said he regrets moving in.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/20/us/covin ... index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/maga- ... index.html

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday ... gi6Foug-w/
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7141 posts

Re: You are #FakeNews: "racist" Catholic boys

Postby Glacier » Jan 21st, 2019, 11:26 am

When an edited clip of Catholic teenagers surrounding a Native American man first emerged, it was billed as evidence of racist high school students harassing an Indigenous person.

Journalists, celebrities, and others with blue checkmarks on Twitter rushed to condemn the kids as racists, even though it was clear from the beginning that something was amiss.

As The Daily Wire’s Emily Zanotti previously reported, the original video does not show what it was alleged to have shown and was clearly taken out of some larger context. Still, this did not stop the verified Twitter users from condemning and threatening kids based on no more evidence than the media’s say so and the fact that they were white boys wearing Make American Great Again hats.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42441/bl ... ashe-schow

KiloHotel likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Gilchy » Jan 21st, 2019, 12:58 pm

An indigenous protester playing a drum approached a large group of high school boys. They then surrounded the drummer, and started chanting “build the wall”. Not sure where the fake news or lies come in there?

Alice in Vernon likes this post.
Gilchy
Übergod

Liked in: 659 posts

Postby Gilchy » Jan 21st, 2019, 1:14 pm

The High School and Diocese’s statement:
Gilchy
Übergod

Postby Glacier » Jan 21st, 2019, 1:27 pm

Gilchy wrote:An indigenous protester playing a drum approached a large group of high school boys. They then surrounded the drummer, and started chanting “build the wall”. Not sure where the fake news or lies come in there?

That never happened. I watched the entire 1 hour and 46 minute incident and never once heard anyone utter a single "build the wall." They did not surround the native guys.

You can verify yourself (the native guys show up at the 1 hour 11 minute mark)... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-2z3en-oIo

3 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby JLives » Jan 21st, 2019, 1:34 pm

Ya those young boys weren't rascists. They were just there to support putting women into bodily servitude.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6131 posts

Postby Gilchy » Jan 21st, 2019, 1:36 pm

Thought I heard some in there, but is the tomahawk chop any better?
Gilchy
Übergod

Postby KiloHotel » Jan 21st, 2019, 1:38 pm

JLives wrote:Ya those young boys weren't rascists. They were just there to support putting women into bodily servitude.

Really? Proof? They were just sitting there waiting for a bus and the native guy walked up to that one kid and stood in his face, the kid didn't approach him.. he just stood there. Smiling because the situation was probably awkward as hell, but because they are catholic, white and support trump they are demonized.

2 people like this post.
KiloHotel
Fledgling

Liked in: 139 posts

Postby W105 » Jan 21st, 2019, 1:46 pm

neither did I Glacier...all I saw was a staring contest between a young man and an elderly man that had a good beat on his drum going on...

but we live in an age where an "Egg" is trending to get the most "likes" on an instagram photo...and a razor company that finds the need to use social issues to sell razors instead of just being a good product that shaves hair well..lol (pepsi tried that too but failed badly)

lordy, can't imagine what the "major world problems " will be like in the future...
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3786 posts

Postby Glacier » Jan 21st, 2019, 2:07 pm

Gilchy wrote:Thought I heard some in there, but is the tomahawk chop any better?

Doubtful at best. The people who see that are the same people who think I was doing the Nazi salute the other day driving in the sun. My arm was extended to block the sun at the low angle. In a similar vein, these boys were dancing around and waving their arms. Someone was bound to make a "wrong sign" by accident.

JLives wrote:Ya those young boys weren't rascists. They were just there to support putting women into bodily servitude.

BINGO! This hits right at the heart of the matter, which is that people don't like Catholics, pro-lifers, and white males, so when there are no facts to base a story on, we MUST assume they did something wrong. Otherwise, you're a bigot. Facts don't matter but skin colour does, both for the KKK and leftists (and I'm not saying all or even a majority of leftists, just a significant and sizable minority).

4 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby KiloHotel » Jan 21st, 2019, 2:32 pm

Glacier wrote:
Gilchy wrote:Thought I heard some in there, but is the tomahawk chop any better?

Doubtful at best. The people who see that are the same people who think I was doing the Nazi salute the other day driving in the sun. My arm was extended to block the sun at the low angle. In a similar vein, these boys were dancing around and waving their arms. Someone was bound to make a "wrong sign" by accident.

BINGO! This hits right at the heart of the matter, which is that people don't like Catholics, pro-lifers, and white males, so when there are no facts to base a story on, we MUST assume they did something wrong. Otherwise, you're a bigot. Facts don't matter but skin colour does, both for the KKK and leftists (and I'm not saying all or even a majority of leftists, just a significant and sizable minority).

Yep, starting to actually believe there is an anti white agenda. Getting pretty sick of being demonized for my skin color / political leanings, and seeing others like me go through the same thing. Especially when its coming from people that supposedly have the moral high ground and are against this exact thing.
KiloHotel
Fledgling

Postby Brass Monkey » Jan 21st, 2019, 2:39 pm

There was a pro-life rally. Women’s march. BLM crowd and an indigenous march in the same place on the same day. It was bound to get ugly.
Brass Monkey
Board Meister

Liked in: 278 posts

Postby KiloHotel » Jan 21st, 2019, 2:54 pm

Brass Monkey wrote:There was a pro-life rally. Women’s march. BLM crowd and an indigenous march in the same place on the same day. It was bound to get ugly.

Funny how only the white, catholic, trump supporters were demonized for doing the least. The black hebrew isrealites there were shouting racist and bigoted slurs, the indigenous march was there harrassing the boys telling them to go back to europe.. The boys didn't do anything like that but were made out to be the perpetrators. So, was it bound to get ugly because those groups tend to be the aggressors? I think so.

3 people like this post.
KiloHotel
Fledgling

Postby Fancy » Jan 21st, 2019, 3:04 pm

The boys have support from Congressman Thomas Massie.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7141 posts

Next

Return to Social Concerns