You are #FakeNews: "racist" Catholic boys

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: You are #FakeNews: "racist" Catholic boys

Postby Fancy » Jan 21st, 2019, 5:31 pm

Ka-El wrote:Have you even read or watched the story being discussed here. The boys surround a group of Native American Indigenous people and are attributed with saying "Build the wall!" ...

Did you watch the interview with Nathan Phillips? Sounded like he walked forward first.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6712 posts

Postby Jonrox » Jan 21st, 2019, 7:02 pm

It’s really sad to see how many news outlets reported on a short clip that didn’t at all represent what actually happened, and are now having to recant, retract, and update their stories to accurately represent the truth of the sitauation.

And now in spite of a clearer picture being painted, many people are still holding onto their beliefs that “we don’t really know what happened” or “they may have said something” when there’s no evidence of any of it.

However there is clear evidence of four adult males hurling racist insults at kids that is going mostly unreported. It appears people’s outrage is misdirected and very closely aligned with their political leanings. People just see and hear what they want to hear, regardless of what actually happened. They’re willing to dismiss visual evidence just to try to further their political agenda.

The reporting and reaction to this situation has been simply awful and is a sad commentary of the state of the world right now.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2233 posts

Postby KiloHotel » Jan 21st, 2019, 8:16 pm

Jonrox wrote:It’s really sad to see how many news outlets reported on a short clip that didn’t at all represent what actually happened, and are now having to recant, retract, and update their stories to accurately represent the truth of the sitauation.

And now in spite of a clearer picture being painted, many people are still holding onto their beliefs that “we don’t really know what happened” or “they may have said something” when there’s no evidence of any of it.

However there is clear evidence of four adult males hurling racist insults at kids that is going mostly unreported. It appears people’s outrage is misdirected and very closely aligned with their political leanings. People just see and hear what they want to hear, regardless of what actually happened. They’re willing to dismiss visual evidence just to try to further their political agenda.

The reporting and reaction to this situation has been simply awful and is a sad commentary of the state of the world right now.

Same side of the spectrum as these antifa soy boys:
KiloHotel
Fledgling

Liked in: 136 posts

Postby ferri » Jan 22nd, 2019, 5:18 am

A different video surfaced Sunday showing what happened before the encounter, when a radical group of protesters called Black Hebrew Israelites taunted the boys for more than an hour with racist and homophobic abuse.

Speaking Sunday night to CBSN's David Begnaud, Phillips said he inserted himself between the students and a small group of African American protesters, known as the black Hebrew Israelites, to diffuse the situation.

https://www.krem.com/article/news/natio ... 3e884090a5

Edited to add:

I just found this article too:

Twitter account suspended over spreading viral encounter between teens, Native American elder

https://www.kptv.com/twitter-suspends-a ... 7txU6IzYVU
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 9628 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 22nd, 2019, 8:06 am

Fancy wrote:
Ka-El wrote:Have you even read or watched the story being discussed here. The boys surround a group of Native American Indigenous people and are attributed with saying "Build the wall!" ...

Did you watch the interview with Nathan Phillips? Sounded like he walked forward first.

The point being these "educated" young Trump supporters thought a wall would keep out Native Americans.
The ability to suspend judgment and change your mind when warranted is a distinguishing feature of critical thought
– apparently not recognizable to those who don’t have the ability.

"I don't know who dimples is, I don't know what this means"
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5737 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 22nd, 2019, 8:48 am

Clearly both sides are to blame
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4190 posts

Postby Glacier » Jan 22nd, 2019, 8:50 am

Omnitheo wrote:Clearly both sides are to blame

Both or all three sides?
“There's no point in you betraying your future self to gratify your present self. It's a stupid game.”
~Jordan B. Peterson
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 10803 posts

Postby Brass Monkey » Jan 22nd, 2019, 10:56 am

Several videos circulating twitter showing the catholic boys and some of their antics. One video shows 2 girls walking past a group of 7-8 of those boys and they start screaming at them, literally screaming. Another video shows a debate between a pro-life catholic kid and a pro-choice girl and the boy shouts “it’s not rape if she likes it”. Clearly none of us know the full story.
Brass Monkey
Board Meister

Liked in: 252 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 22nd, 2019, 11:46 am

I dont think there was anything “Pro-life” about these kids.

What they were rallying for was Pre-Life. Let’s not confuse the two.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4190 posts

Postby Glacier » Jan 22nd, 2019, 11:52 am

Omnitheo wrote:I dont think there was anything “Pro-life” about these kids.

What they were rallying for was Pre-Life. Let’s not confuse the two.

And because of this, they MUST have been in the wrong during the protest. Period. The black guys slinging racist and homophobic slurs at them were clearly in the right because they aren't white. The native guy who claims to be a Vietnam veteran is also being abused by the boys because he's not protesting abortion. This is how intersectionalism works. Facts don't matter. Science doesn't matter. Nothing matters but your skin colour and how many progressive ideas you hold. You got raped while wearing a MAGA hat? Well, you had it coming because of that hat. The rape was your fault.

FB_IMG_1548188661828.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“There's no point in you betraying your future self to gratify your present self. It's a stupid game.”
~Jordan B. Peterson

KiloHotel likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby JLives » Jan 22nd, 2019, 12:43 pm

Brass Monkey wrote:Several videos circulating twitter showing the catholic boys and some of their antics. One video shows 2 girls walking past a group of 7-8 of those boys and they start screaming at them, literally screaming. Another video shows a debate between a pro-life catholic kid and a pro-choice girl and the boy shouts “it’s not rape if she likes it”. Clearly none of us know the full story.

Gee I wonder where these boys got their ideas that they are entitled to a say on a woman's decision on her own body to begin with?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5983 posts

Postby Glacier » Jan 22nd, 2019, 1:11 pm

louder-crowder-com-kamala-harris-can-you-think-of-any-laws-36131620.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Jordan B. Peterson

Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Wave101 » Jan 22nd, 2019, 1:28 pm

Even with clear video evidence we still cant agree on what happened.

Everyone is so caught up in their own agenda and biases that there can be no compromise.

This has happened plenty of times in the past and inevitably leads to war.

Wave101
Fledgling

Liked in: 163 posts

Postby puterbrother » Jan 22nd, 2019, 4:19 pm

From what I saw these boys were attacked.Being called racists and crackers(whatever that means)and being called products of incest.Damn ! These full grown men saw the MAGA hats and went ballistic.Even death threats ?
These are 16 year old boys people....get a grip.
While I'm ranting here,the ignorant reaction to the "doctored" video clip,isn't just a U.S. media phenomemon but even here locally.One radio personality in Kelowna just had to spout off about the video he saw on MSN.His favourite news source.He said "I saw what I saw and that's final".Yup...that's Bell media for ya.Way to go there lefty's.
I love listening to this stuff,first thing in the morning.Yelling at my radio is a great way to get the blood flowing before I head to work LOL

puterbrother

Liked in: 53 posts

Postby KiloHotel » Jan 22nd, 2019, 4:27 pm

Wave101 wrote:Even with clear video evidence we still cant agree on what happened.

Everyone is so caught up in their own agenda and biases that there can be no compromise.

This has happened plenty of times in the past and inevitably leads to war.

Agreed, unfortunately I think it may come to that. Thing is, one side feels genuine disgust (conservatives) while the other doesn't, which makes me think their ideology is based purely on selfish grounds, doing things that make them feel virtuous and good without even being able to perceive the negative consequences.. Why do I think that? Because leftists lack the normal disgust response! Check these links:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog ... nservative
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... tells-all/
KiloHotel
Fledgling

Liked in: 136 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns