Scam Calls

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Scam Calls

Postby oldtrucker » Aug 26th, 2019, 2:54 pm

Instead of the RCMP spending resources like giving drivers cell phone tickets and other 'non criminal issue' enforcement, I'd rather see the resources spent on putting the scumbag senior scamming thieves- which are criminals, in handcuffs. It's almost like law enforcement doesn't care about scams- either online or phone.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1481 posts

Re: Scam Calls

Postby crookedmember » Aug 27th, 2019, 7:40 am

oldtrucker wrote:Instead of the RCMP spending resources like giving drivers cell phone tickets and other 'non criminal issue' enforcement, I'd rather see the resources spent on putting the scumbag senior scamming thieves- which are criminals, in handcuffs. It's almost like law enforcement doesn't care about scams- either online or phone.

People who drive and jive are now killing more people than drunks, so, yeah, it is sort of criminal. Scammers don't kill anybody.

Much of the time, the scammers originate outside of the country, where the RCMP have no reach. Also, it's easy for phones and IPs to be untraceable.

I'd rather see family and friends educate their elders so they wouldn't get suckered in the first place.
Like most schemes, it started with vodka.
crookedmember
Übergod

Liked in: 361 posts

Previous

Return to Social Concerns