GM not happy with Union Ad.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: GM not happy with Union Ad.

Post by Bsuds »

Union built?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#248550

I had 1 Chrysler over the years and got rid of it as soon as the warranty expired. I just never trusted it.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

OKkayak wrote:Just about every major car manufacturer builds at least one of their products (for the NA market) in Mexico. Chevy, Ford, Fiat/Chrysler, VW, Honda, KIA, Toyota, Nissan, etc.

Yes and that’s why I bought a Honda Civic made in Ontario by Canadian workers with quality products! :130:
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

36Drew wrote:
Rider59 wrote:Shouldn’t these union hacks just be grateful for the jobs they filled for all those years? I wonder how many houses those pay cheque’s bought?

BTW, those jobs are GMs and do not ‘belong’ to the union. They are just filling them. Talk about entitlement.

Maybe. But we (the taxpayers of Canada) loaned GM Canada nearly 11 billion dollars of our money in 2009 so they wouldn't fold. So maybe before they shut down that plant and move that GDP and tax base to Mexico, they should pay us back. Taking our money and then just effing-off to Mexico? Talk about entitlement.

It's about time we smarten up and stop corporate bailouts. Sometimes things deserve to die off and go extinct. That's the natural order to encouraging progressive business and innovation. We didn't capitulate to Greyhound, and now others have stepped up to the plate.

From what I understand the 3 big automakers re-payed all the monies owing to the federal government. Correct me if I’m wrong please!
Last edited by ferri on Feb 6th, 2019, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Whyme2 wrote:From what I understand the 3 big automakers re-payed all the monies owing to the federal government. Correct me if I’m wrong please!

*removed*

You're wrong. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/loans-canada-account-finance-auto-sector-bailout-2009-gm-chrysler-1.4722529
Last edited by ferri on Feb 6th, 2019, 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Off Topic
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.

Return to “Social Concerns”