Does the media inform ?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
my5cents
Guru

Re: Does the media inform ?

Post by my5cents »

Update on CHBC reporting on the serious collision on 97 on Saturday evening.....

Last night (Sunday) on the 5:30 PM CHBC News,,,, they had a segment on the crash. The facts were read by Kimberly Davidson with the same still photo published by Castanet the day before. Basically - "there was a serious collision just before 6:00 PM on Saturday night, it blocked traffic until 9:00 PM it was a fatality and involved a semi and vehicle."

No mention of the number of people inconvenienced not making it to the SOEC on time, the fact the concert was delayed for a while,,, zip.

That was it.

There has been recent news items on :
    - The poor driving of too many truck drivers.
    - The lack of a second route North and South in the Okanagan

On would have thought, this incident would have dovetailed quite nicely into one of these stories. Nope.

I've stopped regularly watching the CHBC evening news. Now I'm going to avoid watching it. If I need to know what happened in the Okanagan, I'll check Castanet, or CTV, heck even a paper would have more than CHBC.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

But . . . but . . . but . . . Klaudia!

………………………………………………………

Well, I guess if they’ve run out of Realtor® ad revenue . . ..
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

If I hear just ONE MORE cutesy, gag inducing, irrelevant and pointless dog story on the NEWS hour, I will just...well...spray!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

:laugh:

But one of my boyhood friends had a pet skunk. What if it ended up in a shelter? Just imagine if you were homeless and Klaudia was cuddling and cooing over you. Wouldn't you appreciate her then?

Return to “Social Concerns”