Dogs peeing on my grass

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Dogs peeing on my grass

Post by vegas1500 »

how the hell am I supposed to stop my dog from pooping on someone's grass as soon as they start? Where else is a dog gonna go?

How about not letting them start! Keep them off, it’s not your property.

I think property owners are being very petty about a couple of burnt spots on the corner or edge of their lawn.

Who the :cuss: are you to judge what owners are petty about. You probably have nothing of value in your life.

What's the point of having a lawn if you don't use it?

I will use it......it’s my lawn not your dogs bathroom.

I guess if you must keep a perfect spot of grass, put up a fence if you don't want anyone stepping foot on it. Oh, maybe there should be a bylaw now that says people can't take their dogs for walks through residential neighborhoods anymore

Or maybe just stay off something that isn’t yours. Or a bylaw to prevent self entitled a holes from from destroying something that isn’t theirs

If you are going to own a dog and take it in public, grow up and be responsible!

Wow, maybe you should take your own advice..
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Mark1111 wrote:God you people have no sense of humor.

Nothing funny about wanting to make a dog suffer.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

seewood wrote:Consider a strip of gravel?

Consider not owning a pet if one doesnt know how to look after it.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

vegas1500 wrote:[

How about not letting them start! Keep them off, it’s not your property.

not yours ether if its the edge of the road or sidewalk its public
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Mark1111 wrote:[

God you people have no sense of humor.

probably because theres nothing funny about injuring some ones dog think about it :cuss: :cuss:
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Fancy wrote:seewood wrote: If there is grass between your property and sidewalk, that is terrific you might look after it, but if a dog has a leak on it, tough. I'll never understand this attitude.

Why? We'll take our dogs many places that are crown ( public) lands where they will pee or poop. After pooping we pick up the feces.

If there is a strip of land next to a sidewalk or road considered public( easement) and the dog takes a leak, oh well. If they poop, pick it up, no reason not to.

If one considers the strip of easement " theirs", then put up a fence or a boxwood hedge to prevent a dog piddling on the easement. Simple solution. The municipal government might have a say though. Perhaps there are underground utilities in that easement.

I don't understand the complainant sniveling about a dog piddling on the easement. They have just cause if the dogs poop and owners don't pick up. If the dogs do their business on the owners private property, again they have just cause to whine, but put up a fence to keep them off.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The home owner is REQUIRED to maintain that - thanks for not helping. If there's no sidewalk how do YOU determine what is easement or not - the easement is NOT there for you.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I believe (in Kelowna) the city easement is measured 33 feet from the center of the roadway, in most residential areas.
Bring back the LIKE button.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Clearly, dog walkers think it is for them.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Keep in mind there are statutory rights of way agreements as well. Easements aren't always public property.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

alanjh595 wrote:I believe (in Kelowna) the city easement is measured 33 feet from the center of the roadway, in most residential areas.

I think it can depend on what era the subdivision was built, among other factors.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

The original post was the poster lived on a corner lot and dogs are using his grass to relieve themselves. Right, I agree, someone else's dog should not be allowed to use private property as a latrine.
However, if it the strip of land considered easement and you don't want dogs squirting on the said easement lawn, put up a barrier. Change the ground cover and short fence at property line. ( read- help)
What does by-law say to do?

No shortage of solutions but to diss dog owners because the piddle on public property is petty. Dog poops and not picked up, definitely a reason to complain.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

Sure, the easy answer is to just put up another barrier to keep the public from damaging private property. We already need steel cages to keep burglars out, whats wrong with a perimeter shield too
easier than trying to get others to respect private property
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

seewood wrote:No shortage of solutions but to diss dog owners because the piddle on public property is petty.

Would it be okay for people to park their cars on the lawn or have a picnic? What makes you think it's "public" property? It's not a city park.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

seewood wrote:However, if it the strip of land considered easement and you don't want dogs squirting on the said easement lawn, put up a barrier. Change the ground cover and short fence at property line.

You are expecting home owners to absorb further costs so they can maintain the property. There are limitations as to what home owners can use for right of way (even though they are required to look after it).
For instance:

What is a right of way?
A right of way is a defined corridor that contains one or more high-pressure natural gas pipelines and passes through private property, Crown lands and Indigenous lands. A statutory right of way agreement between the landowner and FortisBC is registered on the title of the property, which allows us to access the right of way and restrict uses or activities that could compromise our ability to access, maintain, inspect or operate the pipeline to the safety standards and regulations we’re required to follow.

https://www.fortisbc.com/build-renovate ... ay-permits

Return to “Social Concerns”