Anti abortion billboard removed from Hwy 97

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Re: Anti abortion billboard removed from Hwy 97

Post by RVThereYet »

camdd wrote:
Glacier wrote:Terry O'Reilly on CBC had a really interesting show on banned advertisements.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/undertheinflue ... -1.5173381

I heard the program - good one as usual.

I love his shows Under the Influence and The Art of Persuasion ... always well researched and interesting.
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

camdd wrote:The anti-abortion billboard has been removed from Hwy 97 between Elk & Grizzly Roads in West Kelowna.
Here is a link to the story:
https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... O54o.email

The ad was ruled to be in violation of Advertising Standards Canada codes after several complaints were filed with AdStandards.ca

We of the pro-choice persuasion are pleased to see that there is some accountability attached to such rulings.

The biggest problem is "Unaccountability"!!!

Yes, we live in a great society now don't we - We kill unborn viable babies, but allow pedophiles, rapists and murderers to go free, and have to wade through a plethora of drug addicts, gangs, discarded and contaminated needles.

If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, the easy answer is "don't have sex", or "use protection" ( there is plenty available)! Why should an innocent child have to pay for YOUR screwup??

When your a Woman, you have a moral responsibility not to get Pregnant if you do not want a child - no one forces you to have sex - it's a choice ( with the exception of rape of course ).

It's NATURE - you were born FEMALE - deal with it, or get a sex change!!

I am not totally against abortion for pre-viable fetuses - what I am against is that viable babies are being killed when they are past the stage of survivability - and there aren't many women who "don't know" they are pregnant from a pretty early stage of onset!

Want to know what it's like to be aborted?? Stick your hand in a can of drano - that should give you some idea - viable babies feel pain and suffocation, its not something that magically "happens" once outside the womb.

It's getting to the point humanity is anything but humane, society is getting totally out of control and governments abusive and oppressive - perhaps it's time for another Purge like the Great Flood?

We all have to pay for our mistakes - why should society, and an unborn innocent child have to pay for your's as a form of "Birth Control"?

We kill children and save murderers - wow - that say's a lot.

What's next? Mandatory euthanization when you reach a certain age?

There are enough people wanting to adopt but there isn't enough to go around - there simply is no excuse!!

If you kill a child under over 21 weeks ( minimum age of survivability ), you are nothing but a cold hearted, calculated child killer and if there is a hell, I'm hoping you find a nice cozy spot there with all the rest of the murdering scum.
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

Busher wrote:
camdd wrote:The ad conveyed a message that women at late stages of pregnancy of a healthy foetus would, or even could, abort that foetus, which is not the case in reality. This was deemed to be in violation of Clause 1 (a) of the Code (Accuracy and Clarity). The ad was also deemed to have violated Clause 14 (c) (Unacceptable depictions and portrayals) of the code by demeaning, denigrating and disparaging women who may have to consider abortion as a viable option.

Very subjective ruling IMO...and for me that is nothing about pro choice or pro life views...hard pressed to think this was a bunch of independent citizens that had the view this should be pulled.. how many complained about this? Is that known?

It's the usual, he/she who screams the loudest gets the ear of the vote hunter.

Women are females - females get pregnant - that's Nature - there are choices and protection - problem is - we as a society feel that it's ok to be unaccountable and someone else will fix and pay for "our" mistakes.

If you don't want to get pregnant, take precautions - abstinence is 100% effective.

It may be your body, but it's my money - so why should I have to pay for your stupidity? ( with exceptions of course ).

The child you kill will never...

- go to school
- play with friends
- experience love
- have a family of their own
- enjoy rewards life have to give
- contribute to society
- but most importantly, have a mother that loves them.

You should feel lucky you have a choice - your child doesn't!
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

You're right, it's only a woman's job to ensure there is never an unwanted pregnancy, men play no part.

For the ad, the whole "full term abortion" boogeyman is such a strawman argument that is everywhere right now.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

csm wrote:It's the usual, he/she who screams the loudest gets the ear of the vote hunter.

Women are females - females get pregnant - that's Nature - there are choices and protection - problem is - we as a society feel that it's ok to be unaccountable and someone else will fix and pay for "our" mistakes.

If you don't want to get pregnant, take precautions - abstinence is 100% effective.

It may be your body, but it's my money - so why should I have to pay for your stupidity? ( with exceptions of course ).

The child you kill will never...

- go to school
- play with friends
- experience love
- have a family of their own
- enjoy rewards life have to give
- contribute to society
- but most importantly, have a mother that loves them.

You should feel lucky you have a choice - your child doesn't!

Listen sweetheart, unless you are the person who is pregnant, you don't get an opinion. Period.

Babies are not punishment for sex. A woman can have sex whenever she wants with whomever she wants and make any decisions concerning her body that she wants. Into the sea with your puritanical BS attitude. We don't do bodily servitude in this country.

The child fetus you kill abort will never....

exist.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Getting back to the topic of the billboard, I don't find it offensive.
Black Dogs Matter
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

"If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, the easy answer is "don't have sex", or "use protection" ( there is plenty available)! Why should an innocent child have to pay for YOUR screwup??

When your a Woman, you have a moral responsibility not to get Pregnant if you do not want a child - no one forces you to have sex - it's a choice ( with the exception of rape of course ).

It's NATURE - you were born FEMALE - deal with it, or get a sex change!!"
Goodness. You don't think it is a Man's moral responsibility not to impregnate a Woman?

Well being born a woman I am off to deal with womanly things - solid no on the sex change suggestion tho,thanks
Wish all Billboards would be removed
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

normaM wrote:Wish all Billboards would be removed

I never thought I would agree with Norma. But. I agree with Norma.
Black Dogs Matter
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

100% of unwanted pregnancies are caused by men.

So why is 100% of the wrath, ugly billboards and legislation aimed at women?

These men who earn their livings leading anti-choice groups aren't concerned about the lives of children or women. They're simply misogynists and grifters out for a quick buck.

The billboard is simply something designed to stir anger and a few more quick bucks.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

dogspoiler wrote:
normaM wrote:Wish all Billboards would be removed

I never thought I would agree with Norma. But. I agree with Norma.

I concur.

Mark this day on your calendar, I never thought it would have happened either.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

crookedmember wrote:100% of unwanted pregnancies are caused by men. and women, unless considering rape. Takes 2 to create life.

So why is 100% of the wrath, ugly billboards and legislation aimed at women? because men have no choice in the matter

These men who earn their livings leading anti-choice groups aren't concerned about the lives of children or women. They're simply misogynists and grifters out for a quick buck. lol, yea I'm sure they don't have a strong opinion on the matter at all.

The billboard is simply something designed to stir anger and a few more quick bucks.not sure how a billboard generates money for a non-profit group :135:
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

dogspoiler wrote:Getting back to the topic of the billboard, I don't find it offensive.
It wasn't taken down because it was offensive. It was taken down because it was misleading.

The picture depicted a full term pregnant woman, and implied such a person might consider having an abortion. Which is nonsense.

Truth in advertising requires the picture should be of a woman who is at a much earlier stage of her pregnancy.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
camdd
Fledgling

Post by camdd »

DLC-Fads wrote:Just be glad we don't live in Alabama ...

That's for sure. We just have to remain vigilant to ensure our rights don't get infringed upon by the right wingers in this country.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

As a man, it's hard for me to understand how women who have chosen a legal medical procedure feel when they have to drive by Marlon's nasty misogynistic s***show each day.

But I try.

What's really scary is these are the nasty folks controlling Andrew Scheer.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

camdd wrote: We just have to remain vigilant to ensure our rights don't get infringed upon by the right wingers in this country.

Not all right wingers are pro-life, just as not all left wingers are pro-choice.

Opinions about subjects such as this go far deeper than mere political choices.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “Social Concerns”