Modern Intersectional Definition of a Racist

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Modern Intersectional Definition of a Racist

Post by Glacier »

If you ever disagree with someone to your political left, then you are a racist.

For example, AOC can look at Nancy Pelosi and call her a racist because AOC is to her left.

Similarly, if you are a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, you can look at AOC and call her racist because you are to her left.

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrisse ... lawmakers/

It's quite easy, now you can go try. Just go find someone who is to your political right and call him a racist. It's not like any real harm can come from it.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Modern Intersectional Definition of a Racist

Post by Silverstarqueen »

It's not that difficult to pick out a racist. Someone like Trump, just listen to what he says, it's racist. What he does, it's racist. Just because he says he not racist, you can't go by that.

Some people post their racist ideas on social media. Some act out in certain ways, seek to harm innocent people of different color than they are. It's not that difficult to pick them out. White supremacist, racists, they are pretty obvious in the U.S., somewhat less common or less blatant, usually less deadly, in Canada.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#262804

And whoever sold that person the gun, I hope they are held responsible as accessory to murder.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Silverstarqueen wrote:It's not that difficult to pick out a racist. Someone like Trump, just listen to what he says, it's racist. What he does, it's racist. Just because he says he not racist, you can't go by that.

Here's what we can go by... https://www.dailywire.com/news/50211/pr ... nis-prager

Read this, and then tell me if he's racist.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

By now, it is clear that Trump is a racist, he's made enough comments to make that perfectly obvious. At first, he hadn't said much, or not much was known about the way he dealt with people of color (black vs. white in his rental dealings for instance), or some of the things he had said. Or people heard what he was saying/did and gave him the benefit of the doubt, thinking he couldn't possibly be that blatantly racist and must be intending something else. So if he had supporters who didn't realize that, I don't think people are blaming them. Now there are so many examples, it has been made clear. And anyone who supports Trump has to accept that they would be supporting a racist. Has nothing to do with left/right, liberal/conservative, I am sure there are many conservatives who are horrified at Trump's racist attitudes, loudly proclaimed from his microphone, broadcast on National TV and at rallies. People(mainly Americans, but Canadians can see him for what he is) have to figure out which side of the divide they want to sit on, are they racists or not?
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Aug 5th, 2019, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

It doesn't take much to be called a racist nowadays. So much so that the real meaning of the word is gone.

I recently gave up on another forum because of all the bickering and negative comments, and as time went on it seemed more and more people were using the term racist when they were lacking any other intelligent way to attack others.

On one particular topic, with nothing to do with racism or politics I commented on a neighbour as being Oriental. OMG, did a couple of board members fly off the handle with that description by me: You Sir are a Racist, the exact words by one of them. Seems I never got the memo about not calling Japanese or Chinese Orientals. Of course I never meant anything negative at all by the use of that word, but that wasn't good enough for these guys.
Looking into the history of their posts, they were definitely younger than I and leaned a lot further left.
That being said, I did have a little fun with them until the Mods stepped in.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

bb49 wrote:It doesn't take much to be called a racist nowadays. So much so that the real meaning of the word is gone.

I recently gave up on another forum because of all the bickering and negative comments, and as time went on it seemed more and more people were using the term racist when they were lacking any other intelligent way to attack others.

On one particular topic, with nothing to do with racism or politics I commented on a neighbour as being Oriental. OMG, did a couple of board members fly off the handle with that description by me: You Sir are a Racist, the exact words by one of them. Seems I never got the memo about not calling Japanese or Chinese Orientals. Of course I never meant anything negative at all by the use of that word, but that wasn't good enough for these guys.
Looking into the history of their posts, they were definitely younger than I and leaned a lot further left.

You live in China?
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Silverstarqueen wrote:
bb49 wrote:It doesn't take much to be called a racist nowadays. So much so that the real meaning of the word is gone.

You live in China?

No, but sometimes it feels that way.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Scorp
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scorp »

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

HILLARY CLINTON calls blacks super predators, Guess its ok to be racist if your a left winger https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... ators.html
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Scorp
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scorp »

Dear feminist, white woman.

The traditional definition of intersectionality.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

the truth wrote:HILLARY CLINTON calls blacks super predators, Guess its ok to be racist if your a left winger https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... ators.html

You've taken a 12 second video clip, claimed she was referring to blacks, when she did not say that , she said "gangs", and then called it racist.She was discussing a crime bill and policing efforts. Do you think any "right wingers" supported a bill to fight crime?
Listen to a slightly longer clip (still only 2 plus minutes about community policing of a much longer speech), and tell me where she claims that "blacks are super predators". It's a 35 minute speech,in which she never mentions blacks, or any particular race.

More likely just a typical effort by a right winger to mischaracterize someone's speech and then tar them.
Since when did Trump ever tell the truth? Guess it's okay to lie about your opponent if you are a right winger, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0uCrA7ePno
Scorp
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scorp »

Intersectional-what? Feminism's problem with jargon is that any idiot can pick it up and have a go

Eleanor Robertson

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/s ... ism-jargon

(intro and more)

. . . It’s not just me: the scholar who coined the term, UCLA law professor and critical race theorist Kimberlé Crenshaw, said in 2009 that she is “amazed at how [intersectionality] gets over- and under-used; sometimes I can’t even recognize it in the literature any more.”

This is perplexing, because Crenshaw’s original work, which she began in 1989, is a clever juridical recapitulation of foundational ideas in black feminism. She took a basic observation – black women are subjected to racism by a predominantly white feminist movement, and sexism by male-dominated anti-racist organisations – and asked why this dynamic repeats itself in places such as anti-discrimination law and domestic violence services. . . .

(more)

. . . It’s hard to pick a standout tweet from the 2016 American presidential election campaign, rife as it was with ill-advised online communiques from pretty much everyone. But Hillary Clinton’s official account posted two of my favourites on 7 March.

While they don’t have the clownish psychopathy of Trump’s tweets or the hysteria of some liberal media-hall monitors, they are almost charmingly disingenuous.

“Flint’s water crisis is an example of the combined effects of intersecting issues that impact communities of color,” Clinton tweeted.

“We face a complex, intersectional set of challenges. We need solutions and real plans for all of them.”
These tweets are accompanied by a mind map–style visualisation of matters relating, directly and tangentially, to the crisis. Nodes named “accountable leadership”, “good public schools in every ZIP code”, “investments in communities of color” and “jobs programs for unemployed youth” are connected by an apparently arbitrary network of lines.

The blog Naked Capitalism described the image as a “hairball”. It bears no real resemblance to Crenshaw’s idea of intersectionality, nor any of its vernacular activist interpretations.

What Clinton’s intersectional hairball does illustrate is the downside of having your activist jargon undergo such extreme semantic dilution: any idiot can pick it up and have a go.

There’s no Académie Française of anti-oppression terminology; nothing stops your supposed enemies from appropriating your language to use against you, and saying “we didn’t mean it like that” rings a little hollow when those enemies consider you a soft enough touch that they’d bother with such transparent pandering in the first place. Clinton’s whole presidential campaign was based on the idea that she could best manage an economic decline, which should be an unappealing prospect for any liberation movement; yet it seemed almost natural that she would press its terminology into her own service . . ..

And much more in this article.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

^ well its okay to lie about Trump, so why not?

- Douglas Murray
pureblissyoga

Post by pureblissyoga »

I took a road trip east coast to west last year with my kids in tow, I think it took us around 5 weeks ish. I was home schooling them so I thought hey why not just see Canada with your own eyes. We hit up bay of fundy, quebec city, montreal basilica notre dame on easter sunday lol, maple sugar shack, got lost in the wrong part of rural quebec from GPS, visited family near Toronto, then I thought what the h... lets go south! Detroit was my first stop, then Flint, followed by Chicago and 7000 toll booths of Illinois. Flint and Detroit were a culture and societal shock, half the city is boarded up, I couldn't find eminem either but I got a selfie at 8mile road!. Then we left Chicago on the Interstate I80 right through the midwest, again massive culture and societal shock to the eyes.

Anyways theres a point to this story, the USA is blatantly Black & White, from what I observed its literally 50/50 at least in the north. East of Chicago its White, gun toting rural farmers with truck stops bigger than Orchard Park Mall. And they are very religious, I saw more anti abortion billboards than all the billboards in West K total! Or they were pray to god for your life etc etc. The culture was very old fashioned midwest I have no other way to describe it. Canadians need to stop comparing ourselves to Americans, we are not even close to being the same as them...Now Quebec is a different story LOL
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

pureblissyoga wrote:Flint and Detroit were a culture and societal shock, half the city is boarded up, I couldn't find eminem either but I got a selfie at 8mile road!.

Please tell me you at least went to American Coney when you were in D-Town :biggrin:

Return to “Social Concerns”