Modern Intersectional Definition of a Racist

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Modern Intersectional Definition of a Racist

Postby Silverstarqueen » Aug 8th, 2019, 10:23 am

Lady tehMa wrote:
Silverstarqueen wrote:White supremacy has been at the basis of racism against non-whites.

Again, focusing on "white". I'm beginning to believe you might possibly be racist towards those of caucasian heritage (regardless of whether you share it or not).

Read this following statement carefully, and consider it. "Are other ethnicities capable of, and in fact have problems with, racism?" The title of this thread is "Modern Intersectional Definition of a Racist".

Silverstarqueen wrote:Nowhere did I state that it is the only type of racism e.g. extremist Islamic bombers, truck drivers do exist.

Except that you have focused only on "white" in this thread?

Silverstarqueen wrote:The President of the U.s. has often made statements which white supremacists are happy to hear, it reinforces their ideology. To pretend that a person in such a powerful position is not influential in his statements is ridiculous.
He hasn't made statements supportive of other types of racial discrimination (against whites, in favour of Muslims or Latinos or blacks). If he did I'm sure they would be denounced by non-racists as well.

Being that I am not American, I'm not sure why you're bringing up Trump. But I would definitely count Justin Trudeau as being anti-caucasian given his statements, his ethnicity aside. And any number of popular culture icons also are anti-caucasian. People are always pleased when influential people share their ideologies and espouse them - so why this rabbit trail? :135:

Silverstarqueen wrote:I brought up the example of non-white cops, who would be (rightly) denounced if they were discriminating against whites (or any other group that was not theirs), and you say I only focus on whites.
So you are going to twist and misstate whatever I say. I clearly have recognized that not only whites can be racist, but that's not good enough for you, turn it into something else.

Erm, no, quoted you directly. Literally. Where exactly did you state (other than the above) that not only caucasians can be racist?

Silverstarqueen wrote:Just as the non-racist comments of H. Clinton were claimed to be racist comments against blacks when she didn't even mention blacks in her entire speech. I noticed there was no response to that when I pointed it out.
The lies keep coming, but they are not recognized for what they are, a diversion from the real problem: The U.S. president is racist. Is he the only racist in America? Are there other brands of racists? Of course, white supremacy is foremost in people's minds right now with 22 dead Latinos and many more injured. Even the president doesn't want to talk about how his rhetoric is being used by white supremacists to fuel their hate and deadly acts.

Are you American? I'm not sure why this obsession with American politics keeps coming up? What does this have to do with the actual topic?

Silverstarqueen wrote:I have never claimed to be interested in Political correctness, but I don't see anything particularly wrong about it either.
Racism is hateful, hurtful, and sometimes deadly, so now you want to divert attention to "political correctness".

I believe it is important to be polite and respectful, regardless of who you are. I think "political correctness" is an incomplete thing that focuses more on division than recognizing the inherent worth of each person as an individual. We both agree that "racism is bad". However, while I'm trying to examine things outside of my own culture, you seem to be fixated on hating "white".

Your use of the term "caucasian" heritage is confusing, I did not reference "caucasians" so I could not have claimed they were only responsible for racism. I don't even know what causasian heritage would encompass, since it includes a number of groups, depending on who is using the term : including but not limited to Mediterranean, Atlantid, Nordic, East Baltic, Alpine, Dinaric, Turanid, Armenoid, Iranid, Indid, Arabid, and Hamitic, across Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, West Asia, Central Asia and South Asia. Caucasion "ethnicity", is even further confusing since all these groups would include many ethnicities.
It is you who is fixated on "white". I did make some references to "white supremacy"(which is an ideology, not a race, but as I have pointed out, I also mentioned other racial or ethnic groups which might be involved in racist attitudes or behaviors. Since I did not specify each one individually by ethnic group but simply as "racists", you have focussed on my comments about "white supremacists", and ignored my comments about islamic extremists, blacks, latinos, and "racists" in general in America. I am not American, but their population is a very large part of the North American "culture", which of course is not a mono-culture(just as Canada's is not), not a "white" or "caucasian" culture, but rather a very complex, rich blend of many cultures. Racism has a long history in America and its politics do indeed influence Canada a great deal. Like a mouse in a bed with an elephant, I don't think we can not notice the influence of nearly 330 Million people to the south of us in Canada. or the loud and public racist proclamations by the leader of one of the most powerful nations, right next to us.
And still I am puzzled how my pointing out (in a negative light) "white supremacy", that would indicate that I am racist against "caucasians", unless you believed that all or most caucasians were also white supremacists,which would be a bizarr conclusion and not indicated by my comments at all.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Aug 8th, 2019, 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 2528 posts

Postby Scorp » Aug 8th, 2019, 11:46 am

The wisdom behind the study of traditional intersectionality is that when anyone fights for human rights then they should fight for all of the people: no matter the gender, race, or religion.

2 people like this post.
Scorp
Board Meister

Liked in: 189 posts

Postby Westbenchmancave » Aug 17th, 2019, 5:52 am

A racist is what a Liberal/Democrat calls a Conservative/Republican when they're losing the argument. Happens every time like clockwork.
Westbenchmancave

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Aug 17th, 2019, 9:11 am

Westbenchmancave wrote:A racist is what a Liberal/Democrat calls a Conservative/Republican when they're losing the argument. Happens every time like clockwork.

If a conservative/Repulican talks like a racist and acts like a racist (example:Trump) then they are going to be called out as racist, regardless of who is winning or losing a particular argument. Just like clockwork tho, the racists will try to criticize those who point out their racism, or change the subject, as if they see nothing wrong with their behavior.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby Scorp » Aug 17th, 2019, 10:53 am

Westbenchmancave wrote:A racist is what a Liberal/Democrat calls a Conservative/Republican when they're losing the argument. Happens every time like clockwork.

Scorp wrote:The wisdom behind the study of traditional intersectionality is that when anyone fights for human rights then they should fight for all of the people: no matter the gender, race, or religion.

There's no argument to lose.

If a Liberal/Democrat has the right to call out another Liberal/Democrat who doesn't fight to uphold everyone's human rights.

Then they have the right to call out a Conservative/Republican who doesn't fight for those rights in a similar fashion.

Therefore a Conservative/Republicans should have the right to fight to uphold everyone's human rights, too, right?

featfan likes this post.
Scorp
Board Meister

Postby the truth » Aug 17th, 2019, 11:49 am

does that make obama a racist to https://www.foxnews.com/media/college-s ... cist-trump
yes it does
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7848 posts

Postby Scorp » Aug 17th, 2019, 11:53 am

Yes, by golly! Coming from what I perceive must be an intersectional theory upholding Conservative/Republican, thanks for calling that out.

----------------------------

(sorry, my mouse crapped out)

So you would support keeping criminal aliens in the USA as their human right as opposed to sending them back to the living conditions in *bleep* countries where they may also be exposed to inappropriate persecution or punishment. And to keep them in-country until they are properly vetted and/or rehabilitated to the point where they may be determined able to fit in as American citizens. As well as to detain those criminal aliens in similar humane conditions to those that are currently enjoyed by the present citizens--families included.
Scorp
Board Meister

Postby d0nb » Aug 17th, 2019, 11:33 pm

Glacier wrote:
Silverstarqueen wrote:It's not that difficult to pick out a racist. Someone like Trump, just listen to what he says, it's racist. What he does, it's racist. Just because he says he not racist, you can't go by that.

Here's what we can go by... https://www.dailywire.com/news/50211/pr ... nis-prager

Read this, and then tell me if he's racist.

Those who know him well are usually shocked disgusted by the allegation. It’s quite hard to believe that anyone with a functioning brain truly believes that Donald Trump is a racist. The charge is just a cheap talking point for political hacks.

Speaking of which, having made complete fools of themselves on the Russian collusion and obstruction fronts, the NYT will now feed its readers a steady diet of 'the USA is a racist country and that’s why Americans vote for Trump.' It’s sick, but apparently it sells papers to those who love to hate.
"I want to make up dirt on my political opponent, understand, lots of it, on this and on that" – Adam Schiff
d0nb
Übergod

Liked in: 1213 posts

Postby fvkasm2x » Aug 18th, 2019, 7:22 am

On a Twitter thread regarding the ICE "cages" and the issue on the Mexico/US border... I said essentially this:

"Pretty much every nation in the world has a border, immigration rules and steps to enter the country either as a visitor or asylum seeker. Try entering any other country in the world illegally, even as a white American and see how nice they treat you. I'm sure there are other ways to handle this problem, but simply allowing tens of thousands of peoples to walk in unchecked, undocumented and without punishment isn't feasible."

I was called a Nazi by 2 different people.
Last edited by fvkasm2x on Aug 18th, 2019, 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

sobrohusfat likes this post.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 1675 posts

Postby Scorp » Aug 18th, 2019, 8:08 am

They may consider you as being disadvantaged. Ask them how they think they could move you into the center of the intersectional venn diagram where human rights for racial identity, gender, nationality, disability, and sexuality are all treated equally. Explain intersectionality and put the onus on them.
Scorp
Board Meister

Postby Silverstarqueen » Aug 18th, 2019, 9:12 am

d0nb wrote:
Glacier wrote:quote="Silverstarqueen"It's not that difficult to pick out a racist. Someone like Trump, just listen to what he says, it's racist. What he does, it's racist. Just because he says he not racist, you can't go by that./quote
Here's what we can go by... https://www.dailywire.com/news/50211/pr ... nis-prager

Read this, and then tell me if he's racist./quote

Those who know him well are usually shocked disgusted by the allegation. It’s quite hard to believe that anyone with a functioning brain truly believes that Donald Trump is a racist. The charge is just a cheap talking point for political hacks.

Speaking of which, having made complete fools of themselves on the Russian collusion and obstruction fronts, the NYT will now feed its readers a steady diet of 'the USA is a racist country and that’s why Americans vote for Trump.' It’s sick, but apparently it sells papers to those who love to hate.

Just one example of many, Trump never retracted or apologized for his statements , how is that not racist?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/201 ... rig-js.cnn

He often refers to Black representatives as of "low intelligence" while he claims he is a genius and always thinks he is the smartest one in the room, which clearly he is not.

The Russian investigation had to be conducted, once there were allegations that there might be something going on between the many Trump campaign workers and their frequent meeting with Russians.Especially given the obvious interference the Russians had in the election. Of course there was no way to know the extent of it or who might be involved, until a full investigation was done. (what this has to do with racism, I don't know).
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby Silverstarqueen » Aug 18th, 2019, 9:29 am

fvkasm2x wrote:On a Twitter thread regarding the ICE "cages" and the issue on the Mexico/US border... I said essentially this:

"Pretty much ever nation in the world has a border, immigrations rules and steps to enter the country either as a visitor or asylum seeker. Try entering any other country in the world illegally, even as a white American and see how nice they treat you. I'm sure there are other ways to handle this problem, but simply allowing tens of thousands of peoples to walk in unchecked, undocumented and without punishment isn't feasible."

I was called a Nazi by 2 different people.

Which other (civilized) nations have a leader who is calling people from Latin american countries rapists, thugs, criminals? even tho many of them are clearly fleeing violence in their home countries?
Yes, all countries have regulations about entry. They also have regulations about legal assylum seekers, and don't jail children in cages. So Trump needed to come up with a fair, even handed and effective way of dealing with ALL immigrants, and so far that hasn't happened. But he has created a great deal of division amongst lawmakers with his cruel treatment of those immigrants.
You (understandably) do not like being called a Nazi. Latino immigrants fleeing violence and threat of death, in their countries also do not like to be called rapists and criminals.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Aug 18th, 2019, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby the truth » Aug 18th, 2019, 9:31 am

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7848 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Aug 18th, 2019, 9:47 am

[quote="the truth"]hillary the racist https://www.facebook.com/thehodgetwins/ ... 034793408/[/q

removed understand what a sarcastic remark is? example:An example of sarcastic is a person saying that a song is their favorite, when in reality they dislike it immensely and have worked vigorously to get it removed from the program.

Clinton had just spoken about the diversity in the Democratic party, and why it is welcomed.
Then the interviewer confused who had said a particular comment (Holder vs. Booker). Clinton's comment was clearly sarcastic humor, making fun of the interviewer's confusion over who said the comment. That *some* cannot see this showsremoved how desperate to take a sarcastic comment and try to pass it off as Clinton's actual belief.
Last edited by Catsumi on Aug 18th, 2019, 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Personal attacks removed
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby OKkayak » Aug 18th, 2019, 9:49 am

Silverstarqueen wrote:
understand what a sarcastic remark is? example:An example of sarcastic is a person saying that a song is their favorite, when in reality they dislike it immensely and have worked vigorously to get it removed from the program.

Clinton had just spoken about the diversity in the Democratic party, and why it is welcomed.
Then the interviewer confused who had said a particular comment (Holder vs. Booker). Clinton's comment was clearly sarcastic humor, making fun of the interviewer's confusion over who said the comment. That you cannot see this shows removed how desperate to take a sarcastic comment and try to pass it off as Clinton's actual belief.

Just imagine if Trump had said the same thing in the same context. Would it still have been "sarcasm"? I think not.
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4909 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns