"Unplanned" Movie

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

"Unplanned" Movie

Postby Glacier » Jul 18th, 2019, 1:58 pm

Because so many of my friends were calling it propaganda, I had to go see the movie yesterday to see what all the fuss was about.

Anyone else see it?

A heavy subject, so I went home and watched Bumblebee (I needed a light subject to unwind).

Between this one and "Gosnell", it's hard for me to imagine why a certain Prime Minister who shall go unnamed thinks that it's hatred of women driving the pro-life movement.

This is a tricky subject that's tough to navigate, so it's understandable to have a lot of people on both sides of the fence holding very strong views. There are those on both sides who are quite judgemental and hateful, and the movie touches on that. Yet there are many (the majority on both sides) who hold their views based upon compassion with judgement or bigotry or hate.

The movie is definitely pro-life with a Christian slant to it, either one could be a turn-off to a general audience, but I still think it's worth watching if you want to understand why people are "pro-life."

“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”

Lady tehMa likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12715 posts

Re: "Unplanned" Movie

Postby miss_sterious » Jul 18th, 2019, 2:29 pm

Science deniers can’t handle their conspiracy theories being unravelled in this movie.

Human life begins at conception. A developing human is not a polyp. It is a unique human life.

Abortions include such horrors as dismemberment, piercing skulls with poison directly into the brain, roasting the body in saline and then pulling it apart, and sometimes being born alive and then snuffed out.

You can also opt to be dilated, and have your child’s skull crushed. This technique is successful when the surgeon sees the grey liquid pour out of the birth canal. Success!!

Oh but wait. There are so many problems that a pregnancy can cause...so taking a human life is okay right?! Taking human lives is totally fine to solve a problem!!!

Baby parts are sold to companies that produce live vaccines.

Unfortunately, this movie doesn’t go into the history of Planned Parenthood...the organization was started by Margaret Sanger, a KKK member and democrat who believed in Eugenics, and said that children of slaves should be aborted. Planned Parenthoods are situated in inner city black communities. In New York, more black babies are aborted than born alive.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Liked in: 140 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jul 18th, 2019, 4:27 pm

miss_sterious wrote:Abortions include such horrors as dismemberment, piercing skulls with poison directly into the brain, roasting the body in saline and then pulling it apart, and sometimes being born alive and then snuffed out.You can also opt to be dilated, and have your child’s skull crushed. This technique is successful when the surgeon sees the grey liquid pour out of the birth canal. Success!!

That's a brutal description. Is there any other way of doing it?

miss_sterious wrote:In New York, more black babies are aborted than born alive.

That shows that some people are thinking ahead and getting rid of it before it's too late.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1481 posts

Postby Gixxer » Jul 18th, 2019, 4:33 pm

miss_sterious wrote:Science deniers can’t handle their conspiracy theories being unravelled in this movie.

Human life begins at conception. A developing human is not a polyp. It is a unique human life.

Abortions include such horrors as dismemberment, piercing skulls with poison directly into the brain, roasting the body in saline and then pulling it apart, and sometimes being born alive and then snuffed out.

You can also opt to be dilated, and have your child’s skull crushed. This technique is successful when the surgeon sees the grey liquid pour out of the birth canal. Success!!

Oh but wait. There are so many problems that a pregnancy can cause...so taking a human life is okay right?! Taking human lives is totally fine to solve a problem!!!

Baby parts are sold to companies that produce live vaccines.

Unfortunately, this movie doesn’t go into the history of Planned Parenthood...the organization was started by Margaret Sanger, a KKK member and democrat who believed in Eugenics, and said that children of slaves should be aborted. Planned Parenthoods are situated in inner city black communities. In New York, more black babies are aborted than born alive.

Bhahahaha are you for real or joking???

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/margaret-sanger-kkk/

3 people like this post.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1747 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Jul 18th, 2019, 5:14 pm

Doesn't sound like a great date movie

LANDM likes this post.
jimmy4321
Guru

Liked in: 2496 posts

Postby Merry » Jul 18th, 2019, 5:23 pm

Unfortunately abortion is such an emotional subject it's almost impossible to have a reasoned discussion about it.

I personally would never have opted for abortion, unless my life was at risk, or I'd been raped. But that doesn't mean I'm prepared to force unwilling women to go through an unwanted pregnancy and childbirth.

These days there is medication you can take to get rid of an early stage, unwanted pregnancy, and that medication should be freely available to all. The fact that it isn't is what often leads to more traditional abortions at a later stage of the pregnancy.

In the days when abortion was illegal, there were many unwanted babies that were NOT adopted. An inconvenient truth that many folks like to forget. And there were also many young women who permanently damaged their reproductive organs, and/or died in their desperate quest to rid themselves of an unwanted pregnancy. I most definitely would not want to see a return to those days.

Late stage abortions are not a good thing, but I don't know of any Canadian doctors who are performing such procedures. So it's not really an issue.

Make the medication more freely available to those that want it, and a lot of the other issues will cease to be such a problem.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

3 people like this post.
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 8648 posts

Postby JLives » Jul 18th, 2019, 5:30 pm

It's really not a difficult discussion at all. My body, my choice. Your body, your choice. There's really nothing else to add.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

14 people like this post.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6531 posts

Postby Gixxer » Jul 18th, 2019, 5:57 pm

JLives wrote:It's really not a difficult discussion at all. My body, my choice. Your body, your choice. There's really nothing else to add.

Exactly.

2 people like this post.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1747 posts

Postby Sparki55 » Jul 18th, 2019, 6:06 pm

JLives wrote:It's really not a difficult discussion at all. My body, my choice. Your body, your choice. There's really nothing else to add.

I'm on neither side of the debate and also agree with your statement but I have to ask: the fetus didn't get the same choice, their body, their choice? Revoming a fetus is legal but getting rid of a born child is murder? The line is so grey that it's really one of those strange topics.

two_shoes1mit likes this post.
Sparki55
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 893 posts

Postby GordonH » Jul 18th, 2019, 6:21 pm

I read about how across this planet there are hundreds of thousands of children left on streets (if not more). Or foster children no one wants because they are no longer infants.

Those against abortions could be doing themselves huge PR thing by trying help these unwanted all ready born children.

I'm not saying if I am pro either side
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

2 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9073 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby OKkayak » Jul 18th, 2019, 7:07 pm

Yet you are carrying a body that’s not your body. It’s not as black and white if a topic as you seem to believe it is.
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4909 posts

Postby Sige » Jul 18th, 2019, 7:22 pm

...except for it's not a "body" is it? It's a bunch of cells....
Non illegitimi carborundum est.

3 people like this post.
Sige
Übergod

Liked in: 767 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jul 18th, 2019, 7:24 pm

Yet you are carrying a body that’s not your body. It’s not as black and white if a topic as you seem to believe it is.

If it is in your body, nurtured by your body and could not live without your body, it is in fact part of your body.

If you do not have ovaries and a uterus that is capable of producing a potential viable human being, you have no ability to comprehend the effects an unwanted pregnancy for a woman.

A woman's body - her choice.
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.

7 people like this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6896 posts

Postby Lady tehMa » Jul 18th, 2019, 8:30 pm

I'll be seeing it on Monday.

But I already believe it's wrong to kill children just because they're in the womb. They're helpless and defenceless and should be cared for. But hey, people have no problem with murdering them. Just with actually calling it what it is.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.

Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4656 posts

Postby OKkayak » Jul 18th, 2019, 8:40 pm

Sige wrote:...except for it's not a "body" is it? It's a bunch of cells....

Thats debatable.
flamingfingers wrote:If it is in your body, nurtured by your body and could not live without your body, it is in fact part of your body.

It is in fact, your responsiblity.
flamingfingers wrote:A woman's body - her choice.

Maybe that choice needs to be made beforehand?
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

3 people like this post.
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4909 posts

Next

Return to Social Concerns