Kelowna is Dying

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Kelowna is Dying

Postby mattinkelowna » Aug 20th, 2019, 9:27 pm

Saw this documentary a few days ago. In Seattle but exactly what Kelowna is going through, happening under Basran's watch.

"This story is about a beautiful jewel that has been been violated [by the drug addicts]".

Last edited by mattinkelowna on Aug 21st, 2019, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

4 people like this post.
mattinkelowna
Fledgling
 
Posts: 164
Likes: 83 posts
Liked in: 179 posts
Joined: Jul 25th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby Jonrox » Aug 20th, 2019, 9:31 pm

I don’t think how I vote in the Federal election this fall is going to affect Mayor Basran all that much. I hate to break it to you but we’re not due for a civic election until 2022.

2 people like this post.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4157
Likes: 444 posts
Liked in: 2523 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby OKkayak » Aug 20th, 2019, 9:35 pm

Many cities are facing the same fate, not just Kelowna.
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

2 people like this post.
User avatar
OKkayak
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3786
Likes: 3935 posts
Liked in: 5003 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby TerriJ73 » Aug 20th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Basran and Council have destroyed Kelowna

6 people like this post.
TerriJ73
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 882
Likes: 245 posts
Liked in: 700 posts
Joined: Jan 25th, 2019, 4:00 pm

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby Even Steven » Aug 20th, 2019, 9:48 pm

Lol comparing Kelowna to Seattle.
Even Steven
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3264
Likes: 221 posts
Liked in: 2481 posts
Joined: Mar 24th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby stuphoto » Aug 20th, 2019, 10:01 pm

TerriJ73 wrote:Basran and Council have destroyed Kelowna

Bet you dinner at the Keg that most people forget about the damage he is causing and vote him in again next election.
He was no different before the last municipal elections and still easily got in.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 830
Likes: 830 posts
Liked in: 572 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2014, 7:41 am

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby pepecat » Aug 20th, 2019, 10:31 pm

Oh yeah Kelowna is in death throes. Go out there and you will see nothing but drug addicts roaming everywhere and spreading their evilness throughout the streets. Don't be fooled by the hordes of people seemingly enjoying the parks and hiking trails and beaches and restaurants. They are really mostly drug adddicts in disguise -- taking over. Oooohhh scarrrreeey.

7 people like this post.
pepecat
Board Meister
 
Posts: 363
Likes: 46 posts
Liked in: 317 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby the truth » Aug 21st, 2019, 7:17 am

stuphoto wrote:
TerriJ73 wrote:Basran and Council have destroyed Kelowna

Bet you dinner at the Keg that most people forget about the damage he is causing and vote him in again next election.
He was no different before the last municipal elections and still easily got in.



imo he does not run next election, but if he does the people of rutland will vote this s..b out
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 18576
Likes: 13755 posts
Liked in: 7856 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby the truth » Aug 21st, 2019, 7:19 am

OKkayak wrote:Many cities are facing the same fate, not just Kelowna.

so that makes it ok then ?
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 18576
Likes: 13755 posts
Liked in: 7856 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby LANDM » Aug 21st, 2019, 7:28 am

the truth wrote:
OKkayak wrote:Many cities are facing the same fate, not just Kelowna.

so that makes it ok then ?


Why do you make that connection? There is nothing said about it being ok.
However, the obsession that some have with Basran being the cause of all ills in the world is a bit odd.
Especially when other cities *are* facing the same issues.

I think Basran will have a tougher time next election if he runs again. However, it is a democratic process and if he wins, that is the will of the people. With all of the beotchin' and complaining around here, I would hope there will be at least one or two candidates for mayor coming out of this thread or one of the other similar ones.
Or is everyone just a bunch of keyboard critics with no gumption to back up their strong words?

3 people like this post.
LANDM
Guru
 
Posts: 7725
Likes: 2420 posts
Liked in: 4438 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby Scrobins94 » Aug 21st, 2019, 7:29 am

I love Kelowna. But I also go out of my house to experience it.

2 people like this post.
Scrobins94
Board Meister
 
Posts: 574
Likes: 1258 posts
Liked in: 447 posts
Joined: Jan 15th, 2017, 5:42 am

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby AlienSoldier » Aug 21st, 2019, 8:03 am

Kelowna is beautiful and thriving as most cities out west. The weather, nature and laid back people make it awesome.

Kelowna will continue to thrive which will attract all types of people (some rich, some poor, some middle class). Those who want to fear monger can stay in their homes and do so, or leave.

3 people like this post.
AlienSoldier
Board Meister
 
Posts: 520
Likes: 96 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Oct 30th, 2017, 11:53 am

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby the truth » Aug 21st, 2019, 8:16 am

AlienSoldier wrote:Kelowna is beautiful and thriving as most cities out west. The weather, nature and laid back people make it awesome.

Kelowna will continue to thrive which will attract all types of people (some rich, some poor, some middle class). Those who want to fear monger can stay in their homes and do so, or leave.


fear monger,? try living by heartstone or heath house , inn from the cold when they were open its far from fear mongering,
get back to me when you wake up from your dream
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 18576
Likes: 13755 posts
Liked in: 7856 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby AlienSoldier » Aug 21st, 2019, 8:20 am

the truth wrote:
AlienSoldier wrote:Kelowna is beautiful and thriving as most cities out west. The weather, nature and laid back people make it awesome.

Kelowna will continue to thrive which will attract all types of people (some rich, some poor, some middle class). Those who want to fear monger can stay in their homes and do so, or leave.


fear monger,? try living by heartstone or heath house , inn from the cold when they were open its far from fear mongering,
get back to me when you wake up from your dream


Every City, town of village has its area's which aren't great. Look at the whole picture, Kelowna is thriving, people are moving here and tourists are coming from all over the world.
AlienSoldier
Board Meister
 
Posts: 520
Likes: 96 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Oct 30th, 2017, 11:53 am

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby DetectivePikachu » Aug 21st, 2019, 8:38 am

Oh calm down Chicken Little.
DetectivePikachu
 
Posts: 75
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 106 posts
Joined: Jun 8th, 2019, 7:35 am

Next

Return to Social Concerns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests