Kelowna is Dying

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Kelowna is Dying

Postby normaM » Aug 23rd, 2019, 10:35 am

Talked with a City Park worker a few days ago - he had lots of stories to share. Sounds like it is a full time job travelling park to park cleaning up needles and repairing broken things :(
We make everything you need and you need everything we make.

2 people like this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6491 posts

Postby dle » Aug 23rd, 2019, 11:09 am

normaM wrote:Talked with a City Park worker a few days ago - he had lots of stories to share. Sounds like it is a full time job travelling park to park cleaning up needles and repairing broken things :(

The addicts are so hateful of anyone who has anything because they have nothing that they want to make it awful for everyone else. They willfully destroy even the flower gardens. They don't ever look back and see themselves shooting up that first time as being the root of their own problem - there's always someone or something else to blame. When they are down in the depths all they feel is hatred because they can't accept that they did it to themselves so they hate everything, even the flowers. What'd that flower to do them? Nothing of course except it represents something good in the world and is enjoyed by others so it has to go. How dare anyone have a life with enjoyment when theirs is so pitiful? How dare anyone suggest they could be causing their own misery?

They truly believe it's up to everyone else to clean up after them, feed them, house them, pat them on the head and say "it's ok" we know it's not really you, its those nasty drugs so we'll take care of you while you continue to use them - is there anything else we can do for you?"

They don't realize the flowers are there for everyone, even them, so along with destroying themselves, they have to destroy everything in their path. I mean after all, they can't be blamed for the mess they brought upon themselves right? Surely no one will hold them accountable for anything they do? Being addicted to drugs gives you the right to a free ride right?

I'm pretty sure we all know at least one person who has dug themselves into a hole with drugs. Have you had a conversation similar to this with them? "How are doing?" "great, ya way better - oh ya I'm working on getting off the drugs" (lie). "Here, let me help you get in touch with someone who can get you into rehab sooner". "Nah, no thanks, I've got this, I'm already in the system so I'm good - I haven't even had a fix for days" (lie). Right. Left to their own devices that's how this story is going to continue to go.

3 people like this post.
dle
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2547 posts

Postby the truth » Aug 23rd, 2019, 11:24 am

dle wrote:
normaM wrote:Talked with a City Park worker a few days ago - he had lots of stories to share. Sounds like it is a full time job travelling park to park cleaning up needles and repairing broken things :(

The addicts are so hateful of anyone who has anything because they have nothing that they want to make it awful for everyone else. They willfully destroy even the flower gardens. They don't ever look back and see themselves shooting up that first time as being the root of their own problem - there's always someone or something else to blame. When they are down in the depths all they feel is hatred because they can't accept that they did it to themselves so they hate everything, even the flowers. What'd that flower to do them? Nothing of course except it represents something good in the world and is enjoyed by others so it has to go. How dare anyone have a life with enjoyment when theirs is so pitiful? How dare anyone suggest they could be causing their own misery?

They truly believe it's up to everyone else to clean up after them, feed them, house them, pat them on the head and say "it's ok" we know it's not really you, its those nasty drugs so we'll take care of you while you continue to use them - is there anything else we can do for you?"

They don't realize the flowers are there for everyone, even them, so along with destroying themselves, they have to destroy everything in their path. I mean after all, they can't be blamed for the mess they brought upon themselves right? Surely no one will hold them accountable for anything they do? Being addicted to drugs gives you the right to a free ride right?

I'm pretty sure we all know at least one person who has dug themselves into a hole with drugs. Have you had a conversation similar to this with them? "How are doing?" "great, ya way better - oh ya I'm working on getting off the drugs" (lie). "Here, let me help you get in touch with someone who can get you into rehab sooner". "Nah, no thanks, I've got this, I'm already in the system so I'm good - I haven't even had a fix for days" (lie). Right. Left to their own devices that's how this story is going to continue to go.

the real truth ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7856 posts

Postby normaM » Aug 23rd, 2019, 11:32 am

well we pay for those repairs..they broke all the sprinkler heads at Guisachan House ( and the rounds there so lovely) and broke a fancy light standard. Woman who is in charge of the grounds kicked them all out when she got to work. I mean why wreck sprinkler heads, guess once they high they don't care.

I love the gardens there, and the crepes Georg prepares.
We make everything you need and you need everything we make.

2 people like this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6491 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Aug 23rd, 2019, 11:42 am

normaM wrote:well we pay for those repairs..they broke all the sprinkler heads at Guisachan House ( and the rounds there so lovely) and broke a fancy light standard. Woman who is in charge of the grounds kicked them all out when she got to work. I mean why wreck sprinkler heads, guess once they high they don't care.

I agree.....why do they do these things? Is there some kind of "RUSH" one would get from being a vandal? I can see why taggers do what they do, even though I don't agree with it, but to damage private and communal property......I can't understand.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

normaM likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4850 posts

Postby dle » Aug 23rd, 2019, 11:43 am

normaM wrote:well we pay for those repairs..they broke all the sprinkler heads at Guisachan House ( and the rounds there so lovely) and broke a fancy light standard. Woman who is in charge of the grounds kicked them all out when she got to work. I mean why wreck sprinkler heads, guess once they high they don't care.

Yes, someone else always has to pay for what they destroy, want, or need, one way or another - free ride with no end in sight.

the truth likes this post.
dle
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2547 posts

Postby the truth » Aug 23rd, 2019, 11:54 am

if i was a criminal junkie i would come to -free for all kelowna-
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

2 people like this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby mattinkelowna » Aug 23rd, 2019, 12:40 pm

I'd rather call it "Free Kelowna"..
Free kelowna from all these scumbags and stop enabling them by giving away free needles and free wet housing. Give the city back to its residents.

4 people like this post.
mattinkelowna
Fledgling

Liked in: 179 posts

Postby gman313 » Aug 23rd, 2019, 12:44 pm

at least downtown is smelling good with all those ribs. Beats the urine smell normally here

No protesters yet

3 people like this post.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1769 posts

Postby pieinthei » Aug 23rd, 2019, 12:47 pm

:up:

gman313 likes this post.
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 875 posts

Postby the truth » Aug 23rd, 2019, 12:50 pm

great opportunity for a few hundred people to show up and protest the wet facilities

2 people like this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby gman313 » Aug 23rd, 2019, 2:25 pm

the truth wrote:great opportunity for a few hundred people to show up and protest the wet facilities

yes i'm sure the folks cooking ribs (likely all from out of town) care greatly about a wet facility and where it is located lol.....
gman313
Lord of the Board

Postby kgcayenne » Aug 23rd, 2019, 2:27 pm

I saw one vegan chick with a protest shirt.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4658 posts

Postby the truth » Aug 23rd, 2019, 2:28 pm

gman313 wrote:
the truth wrote:great opportunity for a few hundred people to show up and protest the wet facilities

yes i'm sure the folks cooking ribs (likely all from out of town) care greatly about a wet facility and where it is located lol.....

its about showing basran and his clowns that the fight is not over
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby gman313 » Aug 23rd, 2019, 3:03 pm

the truth wrote:its about showing basran and his clowns that the fight is not over

He is currently at Earls with Chris Nielson from Capri Insurance - you can protest there

normaM likes this post.
gman313
Lord of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns