Teens Out of Control

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Teens Out of Control

Postby Cdnlass » Aug 23rd, 2019, 3:46 pm

Two nights ago on Lakeshore Drive in Penticton, a group of teens mugged 3 people on 3 separate occasions. One man fought back so they beat him, threw him in the lake and threw a boulder in after him, likely in hopes of incapacitating him. He managed to knock one out cold and the teeth out of another but he paid for it.

Did I mention this man was an amputee in a mobility scooter? He had gone out to see if he could find his nephews wallet after he had been attacked by the same group. Had this man not been as strong as he was, this story could have ended with more than just some stitches and bruises.

What is happening with these kids? If my kid came home with their teeth missing I'd sure be asking questions. And, Lord knows, my kids know that if I found out they were out doing something illegal, I'd be the first one to march their sorry behinds down to the police station to face the consequences.

I think the residents of Penticton (or anywhere for that matter) should be able to feel safe from these people, be it junkies or our youth. But there are too many people who think that discipline and harsher punishment is cruel.

2 people like this post.
Cdnlass

Liked in: 21 posts

Re: Teens Out of Control

Postby vegas1500 » Aug 23rd, 2019, 6:41 pm

It’s a lack of respect......please let them mug the wrong person and then have no room at the spital for them.....

2 people like this post.
vegas1500
Übergod

Liked in: 2150 posts

Postby Cdnlass » Aug 24th, 2019, 10:10 am

It just blows my mind. I was a bit of a rebel growing up but I would have never thought to hurt someone. I got my rear handed to me when I was a kid and I grew up understanding consequences. Kids now get sent to the corner and the SJW crybabies are screaming child abuse.

I'm kind of ashamed of my generation because we were the start of the severe decline in appropriate parenting.

2 people like this post.
Cdnlass

Postby Gixxer » Aug 26th, 2019, 4:28 am

Lock these losers up for life theres no hope for them. If they're already doing violent crimes at this age they're only going to get worse. Chances are we'll be reading more about them in them in the future.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1750 posts

Postby JayByrd » Aug 26th, 2019, 7:40 am

Is violent crime among youth really on the rise? Is this something that's become common, moreso than it was 10, 20, 30 years ago?

Everything I've read on the Castanet forums indicates that they're all vaping, texting, and looking for safe spaces because of their hurt feelings. Not the profile of a violent robber.

Cdnlass, I thank you for your account of these incidents. You certainly gave a lot of detail. How did you find all of this out, do you know one or all of the victims? The amputee nearly overcoming three violent, ruthless attackers (while coming to the aid of another victim no less) is absolutely poetic. You should include an RCMP file number, I can't believe the victims are the only ones who saw this.
My fervent hope is that you and your tax dollars will be reunited in the afterlife.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1659 posts

Postby Cdnlass » Aug 27th, 2019, 10:42 am

The story was shared with me by the victims wife. Not sure about RCMP file numbers but I do know they have one of the kids in custody and he was claiming he was the one assaulted not the other way around so that should prove interesting.

I don't know if violent crime committed by youth is getting worse or that we have more access to knowledge now and hear about it more through social media.

Piecemaker likes this post.
Cdnlass

Return to Social Concerns