Was it a bad day or what?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Was it a bad day or what?

Postby Grandan » Sep 3rd, 2019, 8:46 pm

With the return to school it got a bit crazy out there. I waited in the parking lot while my wife shopped. Buddy pulls up right at the doors and parks in the no parking zone and goes off shopping leaving his vehicle to obstruct traffic and endanger pedestrians. While my wife was putting the grocery cart away in an overflowing cart corral and put her grocery bags on the ground beside her some idiot was in such a rush to get into the parking space beside it that he ran over her grocery bag and had she not yelled at him he would have gotten the second bag. I could hear the popping sound from 50 ft away. If that had been a small child it would be tragic, all for a parking space 20 ft closer to the door of the store.
It didn't end there, later while evening shopping at my favourite repurposing centre my wife set our cart at the end of an isle while we shopped so as not to block anyone else and the next thing I know the cart is gone. There was a half dozen items and I was not about to let any go so I rushed around to find it and over heard a kid mention to his mom why did she have that airnailer in the buggy and she picked it up just as I entered the scene. I asked why she would take a buggy that had items in it when there were half dozen parked nearby. Well I didn't mean to.
Does anyone think anymore?
Waste not
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1008 posts

Re: Was it a bad day or what?

Postby LTD » Sep 3rd, 2019, 9:02 pm

when people leave their carts like that I like to walk by and throw a couple random things in it for them

6 people like this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3817 posts

Postby Bsuds » Sep 3rd, 2019, 9:24 pm

LTD wrote:when people leave their carts like that I like to walk by and throw a couple random things in it for them

Condoms would work.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!

3 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13273 posts

Postby my5cents » Sep 3rd, 2019, 10:39 pm

LTD wrote:when people leave their carts like that I like to walk by and throw a couple random things in it for them

So instead of jamming up an aisle a person parks their cart in a non-obstructive location, and you think there's something wrong with that ?

An example is the cool room area at Costco, most park their cart and enter the confines of the cold room to pick a few things, without clogging up the room.

In your world that's wrong ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

fvkasm2x likes this post.
my5cents
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1753 posts

Postby OKkayak » Sep 3rd, 2019, 11:01 pm

Grandan wrote:Does anyone think anymore?

Nope. Everyone is in their own little bubble these days.

A friend of mine used to do that. He'd just grab a few things and when they weren't looking, he'd put one or two items in their cart. Yeah, its stupid but kinda funny [icon_lol2.gif]
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

2 people like this post.
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 5003 posts

Postby voice of reason » Sep 4th, 2019, 12:10 am

Grandan wrote:With the return to school it got a bit crazy out there. I waited in the parking lot while my wife shopped. Buddy pulls up right at the doors and parks in the no parking zone and goes off shopping leaving his vehicle to obstruct traffic and endanger pedestrians. While my wife was putting the grocery cart away in an overflowing cart corral and put her grocery bags on the ground beside her some idiot was in such a rush to get into the parking space beside it that he ran over her grocery bag and had she not yelled at him he would have gotten the second bag. I could hear the popping sound from 50 ft away. If that had been a small child it would be tragic, all for a parking space 20 ft closer to the door of the store.
It didn't end there, later while evening shopping at my favourite repurposing centre my wife set our cart at the end of an isle while we shopped so as not to block anyone else and the next thing I know the cart is gone. There was a half dozen items and I was not about to let any go so I rushed around to find it and over heard a kid mention to his mom why did she have that airnailer in the buggy and she picked it up just as I entered the scene. I asked why she would take a buggy that had items in it when there were half dozen parked nearby. Well I didn't mean to.

you should probably move in to a walled village and never leave your house
voice of reason
Übergod

Liked in: 1656 posts

Postby ferri » Sep 4th, 2019, 7:20 am

:-X :topic:
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 11276 posts

Postby Grandan » Sep 4th, 2019, 1:21 pm

voice of reason wrote:
Grandan wrote:With the return to school it got a bit crazy out there. I waited in the parking lot while my wife shopped. Buddy pulls up right at the doors and parks in the no parking zone and goes off shopping leaving his vehicle to obstruct traffic and endanger pedestrians. While my wife was putting the grocery cart away in an overflowing cart corral and put her grocery bags on the ground beside her some idiot was in such a rush to get into the parking space beside it that he ran over her grocery bag and had she not yelled at him he would have gotten the second bag. I could hear the popping sound from 50 ft away. If that had been a small child it would be tragic, all for a parking space 20 ft closer to the door of the store.

you should probably move in to a walled village and never leave your house

If every day was like that I just Might consider moving to a less interactive venue but I am not there yet, but thanks for the helpful suggestion.
Waste not
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1008 posts

Postby bb49 » Sep 4th, 2019, 2:10 pm

I stayed home yesterday, other than picking up a couple of kids at elementary school at noon.
I also stayed off the roads last Friday and Monday, Labour Day.
Sometimes it's just not worth it battling the crowds.
Diversity is our Burden

Bsuds likes this post.
bb49
Fledgling

Liked in: 137 posts

Postby LANDM » Sep 4th, 2019, 2:19 pm

To stay on topic, my answer is Or What for $50 Alex.
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 4438 posts

Postby Trīewth » Sep 4th, 2019, 2:31 pm

bb49 wrote:I stayed home yesterday, other than picking up a couple of kids at elementary school at noon.

I hope they were yours... :135:

4 people like this post.
Trīewth

Liked in: 35 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Sep 4th, 2019, 2:52 pm

Trīewth wrote:I hope they were yours... :135:

:spitcoffee: :spitcoffee: :laugh: :laugh: :up:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

2 people like this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4850 posts

Postby Bsuds » Sep 5th, 2019, 8:55 am

LANDM wrote:To stay on topic, my answer is Or What for $50 Alex.

Can I call a friend?
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13273 posts

Postby LANDM » Sep 5th, 2019, 12:54 pm

Bsuds wrote:
LANDM wrote:To stay on topic, my answer is Or What for $50 Alex.

Can I call a friend?

Yes. Or the audience.
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 4438 posts

Postby ferri » Sep 5th, 2019, 2:05 pm

:topic:
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 11276 posts

Next

Return to Social Concerns