Society favors women

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Society favors women

Postby tincanjam » Sep 20th, 2019, 10:01 am

Before you assume i must be trolling consider this easily measured fact. Home ownership is an end result measurement of success and women far outpace men in home ownership despite typiclly working less hours then men. I would like to discuss the evidence and possible explanations for this evidence. I would say that possible explations include dating expenses being primarily caried by men, courts favoring women, less substance abuse problems among women..... I made a video blog about this and have included a link to a related article
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adrtprqQllA

The link is just an example of some of the data. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.c ... e-men.html
Last edited by tincanjam on Sep 21st, 2019, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
tincanjam

Liked in: 13 posts

Re: Society favors women

Postby kgcayenne » Sep 20th, 2019, 10:31 am

Sometimes, I think the ability to earn more leaves some men (definitely not all) to be too laisse-faire when it comes to financial decisions. Women, on the other hand, have to be more prudent as we are judged harsher when we are not fiscally independent.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

3 people like this post.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4647 posts

Postby mexi cali » Sep 20th, 2019, 10:33 am

I know I favor women. :130:
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

7 people like this post.
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 4484 posts

Postby Sige » Sep 20th, 2019, 10:36 am

kgcayenne wrote:Sometimes, I think the ability to earn more leaves some men (definitely not all) to be too laisse-faire when it comes to financial decisions. Women, on the other hand, have to be more prudent as we are judged harsher when we are not fiscally independent.

I couldn't have said it better myself :up:
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
Sige
Übergod

Liked in: 767 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 20th, 2019, 10:52 am

Home ownership is the benchmark of success....okay. Up until a few years ago in BC anyway, a woman was in no danger of losing a house in a family law situation. Pretty easy to acquire a lot of things when a person has a checkmate win automatically due to gender. I've known men that were successful but had nothing( as in live in their van nothing) because they had to give it to someone who didn't have to lift a finger for the $4000/month -all they had to do was be female. Note that I put the last sentence in past tense...those men are dead because they committed suicide or died from stress related illness.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.

2 people like this post.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1481 posts

Postby kgcayenne » Sep 20th, 2019, 11:12 am

This is partly why women are judged more harshly post divorce. It's like we had to have been particularly train-wreck-y or something to not come out on top of the situation.

When a man goes bankrupt post-divorce, it's a part of the process. It wasn't long after my ex went bankrupt that he could buy a new vehicle again. I did not go bankrupt, because I was taught fiscal responsibility from my parents. However, some legal screw-up hit my bureau and I was told at a local zoom zoom dealership that I didn't deserve taking over a very favourable-for-me lease, then he said: "By 30 years old you should be established, but all you have established was bad credit." This business manager wouldn't even let my cosigner prepay the lease and put me as the leasholder. I was ticked, there was something weird going on there.

I did some legal wrangling and got my bureau (fault of my ex) cleared up AND I fought too that my he didn't have to be charged with fraud (that wouldn't have helped anyone in the long run). When I finally did buy a car a year later (different dealership ohhhh yah) I expressed that the stress of the previous years was unreal and that I should've just gone bankrupt myself. That business manager told me I had done the right thing further saying: "Men recover from bankruptcy because creditors sympathize with them over failed businesses or bad marriage. Women just don't recover; once a woman goes bankrupt, it's over."
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 20th, 2019, 12:01 pm

kgcayenne wrote: "Men recover from bankruptcy because creditors sympathize with them over failed businesses or bad marriage. Women just don't recover; once a woman goes bankrupt, it's over."

Very interesting- I didn't know that. I don't get it other than the lenders being sympathetic towards men,...why is it over for women after they go bankrupt?
I've known a few women who have crashed but they got up. They realised that they were sitting on one of the most valuable assets on earth and not directly- but in a round about way, they learned how to capitalise on that asset.
Edit...These women basically learned how to cash in on one of the main 3...Weapons, Drugs, Sex. They did not become prostitutes or anything like that to be clear, they just got into businesses that were indirectly associated to sex.
Last edited by oldtrucker on Sep 20th, 2019, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby stuphoto » Sep 20th, 2019, 12:19 pm

mexi cali wrote:I know I favor women. :130:

That makes you a Sexist Pig!
I am too.

Pass the popcorn, this could be an interesting thread.

featfan likes this post.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 571 posts

Postby DarkMagna » Sep 20th, 2019, 12:40 pm

kgcayenne wrote: Women just don't recover; once a woman goes bankrupt, it's over."

Maybe generally speaking they don't recover, but I happen to have a relative that I KNOW has gone bankrupt at least twice....from conversation, I suspect there was a third time.
Each time, within a couple of years, she was getting bank loans, and buying cars.
Twice, she's been foreclosed on...and yet still seems to get credit within just a two or three years.

I got upside down a couple of times in my life and struggled to make ends meet, but I've always been responsible for my own debts...and yet, I've struggled in the past with getting credit a couple of times. How she does it, I just don't know...
DarkMagna

Liked in: 49 posts

Postby stuphoto » Sep 20th, 2019, 12:55 pm

If the President of the United States has taught us anything it's that you can declare Bankruptcy 4 times then run for President.

So your relative only has to go bankrupt once more then we can vote for her to replace Justin.
Oh, she has my vote already.

DarkMagna likes this post.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 571 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 20th, 2019, 1:04 pm

DarkMagna wrote: got upside down a couple of times in my life and struggled to make ends meet, but I've always been responsible for my own debts...and yet, I've struggled in the past with getting credit a couple of times. How she does it, I just don't know...

Men are held to different standards. It's true. What a woman can get away with compared to a man is day and night.
If women show weakness, it's okay and acceptable. If a woman talks behind peoples backs to socially hurt another person- it's passed off as it being the nature of women to do that. Men that try that might end up getting their asss kicked. Men tend to hold each other to higher standards. I think the difference is that a man could end up paying for a mistake-depending on what it is, whereas a woman would see no consequence for the same mistake.
Last edited by oldtrucker on Sep 20th, 2019, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby kgcayenne » Sep 20th, 2019, 1:49 pm

I find it super predictable and interesting that our personal experiences shape our thoughts on the matter. While my experience was almost 20 years ago, I find myself wanting to know more about the values held by people in the different scenarios, and what kind of role that plays. I've said plenty that 'your vibe attracts your tribe' in regards to socialization, but in what way does our vibe influence our interactions in the financial world? I know one thing, my post-legal-wrangling self was much more confident and hardened than prior to having that experience.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Postby jimmy4321 » Sep 20th, 2019, 2:08 pm

I think the title should be "Society is more protective over women" or something like that, and I'm cool with that.
jimmy4321
Guru

Liked in: 2496 posts

Postby JLives » Sep 20th, 2019, 2:17 pm

This article doesn't state that society favours women. It just states that women value stability more than men and are therefor more likely to purchase a home than men.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

jimmy4321 likes this post.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6531 posts

Postby JLives » Sep 20th, 2019, 2:26 pm

stuphoto wrote:If the President of the United States has taught us anything it's that you can declare Bankruptcy 4 times then run for President.

So your relative only has to go bankrupt once more then we can vote for her to replace Justin.
Oh, she has my vote already.

...if you're a man. If you're a woman running for President you are held to a completely different standard. Look how qualified Elizabeth Warren is and what she has accomplished (formation of the Consumer Protection Agency for one) She has solid policies for damn near everything and what's the main thing you hear about her? Pocahontas. It's pretty gross.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

2 people like this post.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6531 posts

Next

Return to Social Concerns