Society favors women

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Society favors women

Postby Ka-El » Sep 20th, 2019, 4:42 pm

JLives wrote: If you're a woman running for President you are held to a completely different standard. Look how qualified Elizabeth Warren is and what she has accomplished (formation of the Consumer Protection Agency for one) She has solid policies for damn near everything and what's the main thing you hear about her? Pocahontas. It's pretty gross.

This is the new world in the United States. Some of it was already there, of course. Misogyny, racism, white supremacy, polarized divisiveness – the Trump campaign and following presidency just made it all right for those folk to come out from under their rocks and basements and not hide their ugliness anymore. its just Trump making America hate again.
Damn autocorrect; I'm sick and tired of your shirt.

Queen K likes this post.
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 7858
Likes: 4590 posts
Liked in: 6881 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Society favors women

Postby featfan » Sep 20th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Keep drinking the koolaid ka
featfan
Übergod
 
Posts: 1347
Likes: 1926 posts
Liked in: 989 posts
Joined: Jul 21st, 2005, 11:48 am

Re: Society favors women

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 20th, 2019, 5:28 pm

Wait a minute...I just picked up on this...

kgcayenne wrote:When a man goes bankrupt post-divorce, it's a part of the process.

:200:


Any wonder why men die early from stress related illness?
Is this like a standard operating procedure that's executed automatically, or do you give it consideration?
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.

1669 likes this post.
User avatar
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2666
Likes: 364 posts
Liked in: 1494 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 4:19 pm
Location: Enroute to FRB 121102

Re: Society favors women

Postby kgcayenne » Sep 20th, 2019, 5:40 pm

oldtrucker wrote:Wait a minute...I just picked up on this...

kgcayenne wrote:When a man goes bankrupt post-divorce, it's a part of the process.

:200:


Any wonder why men die early from stress related illness?
Is this like a standard operating procedure that's executed automatically, or do you give it consideration?


Look, man, it’s just what the guy putting my successful loan through said to me... I’d heard it before from my ex’s friends and my ex believed it. He had a helluva time blowing all kinds of cash after our separation plus failing to file corporate income taxes leading up to an arbitrary audit and massive tax bill. Then, he went bankrupt and cried the booohooo divorce sob story.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
User avatar
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13842
Likes: 2423 posts
Liked in: 4658 posts
Joined: Aug 10th, 2005, 6:35 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Society favors women

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 20th, 2019, 9:46 pm

kgcayenne wrote:Look, man, it’s just what the guy putting my successful loan through said to me... I’d heard it before from my ex’s friends and my ex believed it. He had a helluva time blowing all kinds of cash after our separation plus failing to file corporate income taxes leading up to an arbitrary audit and massive tax bill. Then, he went bankrupt and cried the booohooo divorce sob story.











You put it right at the first part of the story, so it reads as if it was a just a automatic beheading.
Now with the other part of the story...ya, sounds like he fumbled the ball.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
User avatar
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2666
Likes: 364 posts
Liked in: 1494 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 4:19 pm
Location: Enroute to FRB 121102

Re: Society favors women

Postby Queen K » Sep 20th, 2019, 10:01 pm



Women look to the future and don't want to be old(er) and paying rent. They're earning more, according to this article anyways, and have discretionary money to put away towards all the related expenses of homeownership. So their saving.

You said the the poor guy they date incurs all the courtship expenses so she saves even more. That way anyways.

I say that unless he's truly thinking marriage and life with kids, he's using her time and life where she could be finding true love.
Using cash is one of your few forms of privacy: use it or lose it. 1984 isn't the only Orwell novel that needs to to made fiction again.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 57055
Likes: 14368 posts
Liked in: 15607 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: Beside the Right Wingers, to light the way.

Re: Society favors women

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 20th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Queen K wrote:I say that unless he's truly thinking marriage and life with kids, he's using her time and life where she could be finding true love.


:fence: That's kinda one sided.

Maybe he is thinking that... but she turns out to be a psychotic back stabbing manipulative hag.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
User avatar
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2666
Likes: 364 posts
Liked in: 1494 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 4:19 pm
Location: Enroute to FRB 121102

Re: Society favors women

Postby Queen K » Sep 20th, 2019, 10:22 pm

Well, he could be a gold digging, stalking, narcissist violent pyscho and if all he's doing is getting rehabed by her until he finds his forever home then she don't need him to buy her a house anyways.

Society favours women! Hmmm, because she could budget, plan and set aside funds for that down payment and closing costs? How is she "favoured" exactly?
Using cash is one of your few forms of privacy: use it or lose it. 1984 isn't the only Orwell novel that needs to to made fiction again.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 57055
Likes: 14368 posts
Liked in: 15607 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: Beside the Right Wingers, to light the way.

Re: Society favors women

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 20th, 2019, 10:35 pm

Queen K wrote:Well, he could be a gold digging, stalking, narcissist violent pyscho and if all he's doing is getting rehabed by her until he finds his forever home then she don't need him to buy her a house anyways.


I totally agree with that.

Queen K wrote:Society favours women! Hmmm, because she could budget, plan and set aside funds for that down payment and closing costs? How is she "favoured" exactly?


In that situation it's a even playing field. What situation were you referring to?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Is oldtrucker stupid enough to stay in this any longer?

Will QK scratch oldtrucker's @$$ off? :smt045

Stay tuned...we'll be right back....
:runforlife:
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
User avatar
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2666
Likes: 364 posts
Liked in: 1494 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 4:19 pm
Location: Enroute to FRB 121102

Re: Society favors women

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 20th, 2019, 11:25 pm

JLives wrote:This article doesn't state that society favours women. It just states that women value stability more than men and are therefor more likely to purchase a home than men.


Agree.
Also women have a need to 'nest' that's on a level that men sometimes don't get. Women will put more effort into making what could be just called accommodation, into a 'home'.
Maybe it's just instinct. Back in the day In Canadian rural farming communities, girls tended to stay in the rural community they were born in,- get married, kids, nest... boys tended to scatter when they were old enough.
Also men are slower to mature...up to around 35, then it seems to turn around.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
User avatar
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2666
Likes: 364 posts
Liked in: 1494 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 4:19 pm
Location: Enroute to FRB 121102

Re: Society favors women

Postby tincanjam » Sep 21st, 2019, 8:31 am

kgcayenne wrote:I find it super predictable and interesting that our personal experiences shape our thoughts on the matter.


Being introspective is completely healthy but yes it is sometimes hard to avoid having our own unique experience color the facts to the point of distortion. I think if we try to consider our experience as one of many and use whatever evidential information available when speaking to trends and so forth we are okay. In this case the evidence shows that women are being more successful then men but it doesn't explain why so i consider some speculation to be okay and perhaps research models can be developed which will help explain the why behind this trend.
tincanjam
 
Posts: 33
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 13 posts
Joined: Feb 15th, 2010, 1:43 pm

Re: Society favors women

Postby kgcayenne » Sep 21st, 2019, 8:39 am

oldtrucker wrote:
kgcayenne wrote:Look, man, it’s just what the guy putting my successful loan through said to me... I’d heard it before from my ex’s friends and my ex believed it. He had a helluva time blowing all kinds of cash after our separation plus failing to file corporate income taxes leading up to an arbitrary audit and massive tax bill. Then, he went bankrupt and cried the booohooo divorce sob story.


You put it right at the first part of the story, so it reads as if it was a just a automatic beheading.
Now with the other part of the story...ya, sounds like he fumbled the ball.


Fumbled, you say? Nahhhh he shoved that ball so far up his arse, he’s still looking for it.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
User avatar
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13842
Likes: 2423 posts
Liked in: 4658 posts
Joined: Aug 10th, 2005, 6:35 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Society favors women

Postby Sparki55 » Sep 21st, 2019, 8:47 am

Definitely a bias with what is considered sexual assault. I remember being in a bar one night and a game this bachelorette party was playing was to slap as many hot guy butts as possible, without asking before. Nobody could say anything negative about it without someone making a joke and blowing it off. Oh how different it would have happened had that been a bachelor party going around slapping women's butts lol.
Sparki55
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 996
Likes: 630 posts
Liked in: 897 posts
Joined: Feb 24th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Re: Society favors women

Postby tincanjam » Sep 21st, 2019, 8:50 am

JLives wrote:This article doesn't state that society favours women. It just states that women value stability more than men and are therefor more likely to purchase a home than men.


Actually the article does not give any evidence as to the reason why this is occurring. You have suggested a motivational difference that might very well be "one" of the contributing factors. However at this point we can only speculate as to all the possible reasons why this is occurring and how significant each factor is relative to this occurring. This type of research does exist in some fields, factors contributing to the success of children for example have been carefully studied.

Second point, we need to make a careful distinction between what is occurring and why it is occurring. The what that is in this case is the relative financial success of women. The why involves things like bankruptcy, motivational differences (yours) women perhaps being more prudent then man and various other factors. Your contribution has merit but lets try to avoid conflating the issues.
tincanjam
 
Posts: 33
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 13 posts
Joined: Feb 15th, 2010, 1:43 pm

Re: Society favors women

Postby tincanjam » Sep 21st, 2019, 9:06 am

Some really interesting thoughts in here. I want to make a second video discussing the positives and negatives of this occurring. I think the main positive would be in the hope that once women will have realized that the tide has turned in this regard perhaps the gender war will calm down and we will be able to relate more with less of an us vs them mentality lurking in the shadows. This does effect relationship because while women are often still attracted to men there are also a lot of negative feelings coloring our interactions.

The main negative is in that there is solid researched evidence which shows that financial status affects who women will choose as partners. Women tend to only choose men who are financially as successful or more successful then them. Therefore considering both facts along side each other we can see that this results in women having a smaller pool of men to choose from because the amount of men who are "as" or more successful then them is shrinking relative to the amount of more successful women. I would like to think that this is something we can socially adjust to but whatever the case it is something for us to consider. It definitely reflects my experience. Whether I own or rent is a typical question i receive on dates and I have dated very few women who are significantly more financially successful then I am.
tincanjam
 
Posts: 33
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 13 posts
Joined: Feb 15th, 2010, 1:43 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest