Society favors women

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Society favors women

Postby stuphoto » Sep 21st, 2019, 9:07 am

Queen K wrote:Society favours women! Hmmm, because she could budget, plan and set aside funds for that down payment and closing costs?

That is one thing I noticed,
When I was young the women in a relationship were the ones in charge of the budget.
They usually seemed to do a good job at it too.

Now it seems that torch has been passed to the men, and you know how we like our toys.
At least in my case it doesn't seem to work as well.

Old Trucker, this is a fun thread
It is interesting seeing everybody's viewpoint, plus I am finding out who's male and female.
Which we rarely know through online chat.

2 people like this post.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 571 posts

Postby Queen K » Sep 21st, 2019, 10:19 am

If society favoured women, then why is the business of insecurity so brisk?

Diet industry.
Hair/Nail salons?
Beauty regimes?
Make-up! Billions $$!
Magazine ads promoting it all?
Clothing? Don't get me started!
Shoes? A shoe for every look. Men have it easy in comparison.
Jewelry styles? Omigod!

Favours?

Women are criticized and critiqued daily. Constantly. And no one is harder on them than themselves.
Using cash is one of your few forms of privacy: use it or lose it. 1984 isn't the only Orwell novel that needs to to made fiction again.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 15582 posts

Postby stuphoto » Sep 21st, 2019, 10:36 am

That is an easy one Queen,
Women actually care about how they look.
Most men don't. One suit is all we need, since we only have 1 suit we only need 1 set of dress shoes, 1 pair of work boots, 1 pair of hikers, and 1 pair of sneakers.
Then there is the regular clothing.
4 pairs of jeans, 6 shirts, and enough socks and undies to last between wash days.

It isn't that women can't live without the extra clothes but they choose not to.
At the same time the men who choose to look good all the time often have a bigger wardrobe.
I often wish I was one of these fellows, but don't go out often. So it would be a waste with me.

Bsuds likes this post.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Bsuds » Sep 21st, 2019, 10:51 am

stuphoto wrote:
4 pairs of jeans, 6 shirts, and enough socks and undies to last between wash days.

As well as we (who identify as Male) buy in one or two colors so everything co ordinates. No need for a closet that takes up half the living area.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!

stuphoto likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13230 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 21st, 2019, 11:54 am

Queen K wrote:If society favoured women, then why is the business of insecurity so brisk?

Creature comforts.
Enjoyment.
Entitlement.

There is supposed to be a heavy truck driver shortage, and out of the thousands of trucks that run up and down the Coq. I have met 2 female drivers( co-ed tractor toss champions) in the 17 years I have been out there. Why? Maybe because it can be a brutal job?

Total equality...sounds great right up to the part when the going gets real tough(edit...It's okay to expect men to be willing to take physical injury or risk of death more so than women. Men's lives seem to be valued less by society, and be more expendable in certain situations)
If creature comforts, entitlement, enjoyment are at stake...there is always a back door out of the situation where it's okay to back out and let someone else deal with it. (edit...Men don't really have the option to do that. I'm not saying all the time,but for the most part, men would be scrutinized much more for it.)
In a total SHTF situation...war, disaster- whatever, who has to deal with it? Who will everyone automatically look to lead the way to safety? I'll give you 2 guesses but you'll only need one.

Equality when it's convenient.
Last edited by oldtrucker on Sep 21st, 2019, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.

1669 likes this post.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1481 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 21st, 2019, 12:12 pm

stuphoto wrote:That is an easy one Queen,
Women actually care about how they look.
Most men don't. One suit is all we need, since we only have 1 suit we only need 1 set of dress shoes, 1 pair of work boots, 1 pair of hikers, and 1 pair of sneakers.

It isn't that women can't live without the extra clothes but they choose not to.
At the same time the men who choose to look good all the time often have a bigger wardrobe.
I often wish I was one of these fellows, but don't go out often. So it would be a waste with me.

I think men do care about how they look but there's not much a man can do to change anything up though, other than a new style of clothes and maybe a different haircut.
Women have so many more options when it comes to changing appearance. The word ' makeup'... Is it possible it's all about deception?... Nah.

Women reach their peak attractiveness at 18-20 years old, and it's downhill from there on.
Men reach their peak attractiveness when they are much older.. 40's and 50's... apparently so I have read..
Last edited by oldtrucker on Sep 21st, 2019, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby stuphoto » Sep 21st, 2019, 12:45 pm

oldtrucker wrote:
Queen K wrote:There is supposed to be a heavy truck driver shortage, and out of the thousands of trucks that run up and down the Coq. I have met 2 female drivers( co-ed tractor toss champions) in the 17 years I have been out there. Why? Maybe because it can be a brutal job?

You are right, however oddly enough there are 4 regulars that I see on the Iceroad I drive on.
I am good friends with 2 of them. It's still probably 2% of the regular drivers, but better odds than highway drivers.

Driving truck year round is tough work.
I respect those who drive long haul, but wouldn't do it myself.
Living in a truck 2 months a year is bad enough.

oldtrucker likes this post.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 21st, 2019, 1:29 pm

stuphoto wrote:You are right, however oddly enough there are 4 regulars that I see on the Iceroad I drive on.I am good friends with 2 of them. It's still probably 2% of the regular drivers, but better odds than highway drivers.

You have a tougher job than highway I think. More bone shaking punishment in the short term. Long term highway drivers die 10-15 years earlier than other people from long term health problems, emotional and mental health problems directly connected to a insane divorce rate a lot of the times. The suicide rate is also much higher.

Now that I think about it, not all are tractor toss champions. There is one that I know (can't believe I forgot about her), she is feminine, kinda cute. She has better endurance than me...I'm almost dead, physically ill after 16 hours of go go go no breaks. I've seen her run 16 hour days consecutive.

oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 21st, 2019, 3:30 pm

It's a stereotype that the men work and the women get the home. While this might be true in many cases, I also know cases such as one couple, both worked for 9 or 10 years, eventually bought a home, eventually divorced. Now comes to the splitting up of assets: Yes, he worked, but more on and off, could not keep a regular job, had his ups and downs, and worked less and less (not due to physical injury, jobs just "didn't work out"). Then upon divorce he felt he was entitled to half. No children involved (thankgoodness), so the party who was working less, at home more cannot claim childraising as a reason (as many women do). She was supporting them much of the time, she eventually figured out he was just looking for a free ride, although that's not why they divorced. Of course they will have to sell the house to split assets, and all that hard work down the drain. Yes, this is what many men face, but it is also what many women face. I don't see how one gender is "favored" unless there are children involved and the (usually woman) can and should be able to claim that her work at home, and childraising was contributing to the marriage, and should be counted, not just the dollars coming in the door. And I think about half of women are working outside the home for much of the marriage, even if they have children. Why women are less likely to commit suicide after divorce? Most women I think would not want to leave their children motherless.

normaM likes this post.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 2528 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 21st, 2019, 3:36 pm

Equality doesn't mean people have to be the same to be equal. Women don't have to be truckers, men don't have to be movie stars, or nurses, to be "equal" to the opposite sex. However women athletes lately have been saying, hey we are world class, we are champions, we work as hard as the men at our sports, why shouldn't we be payed ball park the same? I think they have a point. IF a woman IS doing one of these jobs (trucker, whatever) they should be paid according to their experience and education, or whatever is the standard for that job.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 2528 posts

Postby Bsuds » Sep 21st, 2019, 4:05 pm

oldtrucker wrote:Women reach their peak attractiveness at 18-20 years old, and it's downhill from there on.

Thankfully there is the odd exception...have you seen J Lo lately and I think she is pushing 50! :up:
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!

2 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13230 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 21st, 2019, 4:28 pm

Silverstarqueen wrote:Equality doesn't mean people have to be the same to be equal. Women don't have to be truckers, men don't have to be movie stars, or nurses, to be "equal" to the opposite sex. However women athletes lately have been saying, hey we are world class, we are champions, we work as hard as the men at our sports, why shouldn't we be payed ball park the same? I think they have a point. IF a woman IS doing one of these jobs (trucker, whatever) they should be paid according to their experience and education, or whatever is the standard for that job.

Women are smart enough not to be truck drivers.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 21st, 2019, 4:29 pm

Bsuds wrote:
oldtrucker wrote:Women reach their peak attractiveness at 18-20 years old, and it's downhill from there on.

Thankfully there is the odd exception...have you seen J Lo lately and I think she is pushing 50! :up:

:up: :smt045

I'd look 15 years younger if I had the kind of cash she has.
Hey...it's going to be 2020 soon. Maybe it's time to change my way of thinking. I could try to hook up with a super rich and hot woman that doesn't mind paying for the lifestyle.
Taking applications now...

oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Queen K » Sep 21st, 2019, 4:44 pm

oldtrucker wrote:
Silverstarqueen wrote:Equality doesn't mean people have to be the same to be equal. Women don't have to be truckers, men don't have to be movie stars, or nurses, to be "equal" to the opposite sex. However women athletes lately have been saying, hey we are world class, we are champions, we work as hard as the men at our sports, why shouldn't we be payed ball park the same? I think they have a point. IF a woman IS doing one of these jobs (trucker, whatever) they should be paid according to their experience and education, or whatever is the standard for that job.

Women are smart enough not to be truck drivers.

Lots of male nurses work at KGH. The one I know just paid off his student loans.
Using cash is one of your few forms of privacy: use it or lose it. 1984 isn't the only Orwell novel that needs to to made fiction again.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 15582 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 21st, 2019, 4:47 pm

Queen K wrote: The one I know just paid off his student loans.

I break out in a cold sweat when the term 'student loans' comes up. Took me 12 years to pay off.
Carry on...
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns