Society favors women

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Society favors women

Postby stuphoto » Sep 21st, 2019, 4:56 pm

Bsuds wrote:
oldtrucker wrote:Women reach their peak attractiveness at 18-20 years old, and it's downhill from there on.

Thankfully there is the odd exception...have you seen J Lo lately and I think she is pushing 50! :up:

J-Lo is 50
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Lopez

So is another Jennifer, Aniston
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Aniston

I guess I am ageing myself if I say I was born on the same day.

oldtrucker likes this post.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 571 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 21st, 2019, 5:08 pm

stuphoto wrote:So is another Jennifer, Aniston

For the most part I guess 18 to 30. I'll change it to that. Then it's usually really downhill from there.
Now I'm a ancient, super old guy - most of them look good at that age.
Although I don't know her, maybe it's just me, but I feel Aniston comes across as sort of snobby...just her look? I don't know.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1481 posts

Postby stuphoto » Sep 21st, 2019, 5:44 pm

oldtrucker wrote:Although I don't know her, maybe it's just me, but I feel Aniston comes across as sort of snobby...just her look? I don't know.

We may be twins, but I don't think I have ever met her.
However I guess there is a chance my mom hasn't told me about something :135:

To me she always seems like a sweetheart. I guess this proves that we see what we want to in a person.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 571 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 25th, 2019, 1:39 pm

^^ She is still hot, snobby look or not.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby ferri » Sep 25th, 2019, 1:48 pm

:200: :topic:
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 11247 posts

Postby fvkasm2x » Sep 25th, 2019, 1:53 pm

I'm a man and sexist, so my opinion is admittedly jaded.

It's pretty great to be a woman.

* It's really hard for a man to be a gold digger. Not many of us men get to marry rich old people, even though we're stupid and untalented but simply attractive.

* As a man, we're 7x more likely to commit suicide

* Family court preferences for women

* Not many cushy job options like secretary, preschool teacher, waitress and cashier. We get stuck doing garbage like oil rigs, construction, miners and fishermen.

* Life expectancy

* Stay at home moms

But sure, tell me how rough it is to get stuck with all that sexism. Must be rough having to pay for your pads. On the grand scale of things, that's just terrible

"Ohhhh but all that violence of men against women. We're innocent victims"

Hey geniuses, even THAT is sexist. We're victims too.

# of assaults split by victim/perpetrator:

Male offender/Male victim 65.3%
Male offender/Female victim 22.7%

But sure, it's sexist
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 1675 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 25th, 2019, 2:25 pm

fvkasm2x wrote:I'm a man and sexist, so my opinion is admittedly jaded.

It's pretty great to be a woman.

* It's really hard for a man to be a gold digger. Not many of us men get to marry rich old people, even though we're stupid and untalented but simply attractive.

* As a man, we're 7x more likely to commit suicide

* Family court preferences for women

* Not many cushy job options like secretary, preschool teacher, waitress and cashier. We get stuck doing garbage like oil rigs, construction, miners and fishermen.

* Life expectancy

* Stay at home moms

But sure, tell me how rough it is to get stuck with all that sexism. Must be rough having to pay for your pads. On the grand scale of things, that's just terrible

"Ohhhh but all that violence of men against women. We're innocent victims"

Hey geniuses, even THAT is sexist. We're victims too.

# of assaults split by victim/perpetrator:

Male offender/Male victim 65.3%
Male offender/Female victim 22.7%

But sure, it's sexist

Plenty of older women would marry a man who has a pulse.
IF you don't want to commit suicide, don't do it.
Paying for pads is no worse than men having to pay for all that shaving cream.
Plenty of men have cushy jobs like waiter,teacher, cashier, hairdresser, physiotherapist, you name it.
Life expectancy for men is great, if they don't smoke, or drink to much alcohol, drive too fast, or insist on risky sports,stay out of knife or gun fights, don't do drugs, or if they watched their diet as much as many women do.
Many women are seeking day care for their young children while they return to work, no reason why a guy can't do that job.
Men as victims: sure, but more women end up dead or seriously injured at the hands of their spouses or dates than men do.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Sep 25th, 2019, 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RustyCrayon likes this post.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 2528 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 25th, 2019, 2:46 pm

Silverstarqueen wrote:Plenty of older women would marry a man who has a pulse

Can we come back to this one a little later?

Carry on...

K...I'm back.
I have a pulse. Everything still works. I'm taking applications...
Can't promise that I wont drive fast, do risky sports....and everything else you said.
And I promise to never use the word 'cuddle'. Ever.
I hafta go now...I'm behind on watching Anne with a 'E'.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Ka-El » Sep 28th, 2019, 7:26 am

I wonder if any of the angry young alt-right posters around here can relate to this.

How incels fit into a global far-right ecosystem of angry young men

Incels, experts say, are a rising threat, part of a global far-right ecosystem of angry young men who have been radicalized online and committed a rash of recent attacks from Christchurch, New Zealand to El Paso, Texas. Not all of these men are incels, but they are part of this larger web.

And, experts argue, not enough has changed since the van attack on the part of tech companies and platforms who are providing the forums for this hatred.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/ho ... &ocid=iehp
Damn autocorrect; I'm sick and tired of your shirt.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6832 posts

Postby normaM » Sep 28th, 2019, 7:44 am

Oldtrucker typed

"Women reach their peak attractiveness at 18-20 years old, and it's downhill from there on.
Men reach their peak attractiveness when they are much older.. 40's and 50's... apparently so I have read.."
hahaha
Men think that because they are having a mid ( or near end) life crisis, they figure if a server is friendly for the tip then she MUST want him :/
Swear to baby Jesus I will go to a GTG OT goes to just to feast my eyes on his attractiveness
We make everything you need and you need everything we make.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6431 posts

Postby OKkayak » Sep 28th, 2019, 9:13 am

oldtrucker wrote:Women reach their peak attractiveness at 18-20 years old, and it's downhill from there on.
Men reach their peak attractiveness when they are much older.. 40's and 50's... apparently so I have read..

Some men reach their peak attractiveness later in life, some just end up fugly. As for women, some get more attractive as they age as well.
normaM wrote:Men think that because they are having a mid ( or near end) life crisis, they figure if a server is friendly for the tip then she MUST want him :/

You mean she was just being friendly and smiley for a tip and wasn't hitting on me? Devastated :cry: :biggrin:
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

normaM likes this post.
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4910 posts

Postby zoo » Sep 29th, 2019, 8:06 am

[/quote]

Plenty of older women would marry a man who has a pulse.
"The majority of women in the top 1% of wealthiest people on earth did so only through marriage."
IF you don't want to commit suicide, don't do it.
"If you don't want to have to fight for abortions, don't have sex" (I'm not against abortions).
Paying for pads is no worse than men having to pay for all that shaving cream.
"exciting, we can expect free shaving cream in school's now"
Plenty of men have cushy jobs like waiter,teacher, cashier, hairdresser, physiotherapist, you name it.
"The majority of workers still to this day in the absolute hardest, dirtiest, most remote locations, high paying jobs, are men"
Life expectancy for men is great, if they don't smoke, or drink to much alcohol, drive too fast, or insist on risky sports,stay out of knife or gun fights, don't do drugs, or if they watched their diet as much as many women do.
"One of the most striking features of the divergence in life expectancy trends since 1980 is that it has been seen mainly in women, that is, mortality from these causes was decreasing among men while it was increasing among women."
Many women are seeking day care for their young children while they return to work, no reason why a guy can't do that job.
"Even better, why don't every mother out there offer custody during divorce court to the father to help with all that complaining around that issue, or god for bid, at least make joint custody law"
Men as victims: sure, but more women end up dead or seriously injured at the hands of their spouses or dates than men do.
"True, but more infants end up dead or seriously injured at the hands of their mothers"[/quote]
Always seems that some have all the answers for the other race, sex, etc, but can never seem to apply the same logic to their own issue's. Victim shaming, blaming, it just doesn't stop. Off course society favours women, everyone knows that, :biggrin:

Please note, my response to this post is just a response to this silliness.
zoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 264 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 29th, 2019, 9:33 pm

normaM wrote:Oldtrucker typed"Women reach their peak attractiveness at 18-20 years old, and it's downhill from there on.

If you read on...I changed it to 18-30.

normaM wrote:Men reach their peak attractiveness when they are much older.. 40's and 50's... apparently so I have read.."hahahaMen think that because they are having a mid ( or near end) life crisis, they figure if a server is friendly for the tip then she MUST want him :/

You know I'm in a ongoing mid life crisis( 2nd or 3rd one now) and you are just capitalising on that weakness.

normaM wrote:Swear to baby Jesus I will go to a GTG OT goes to just to feast my eyes on his attractiveness

^You are going to be really disappointed.^

Note I said 'so I have read'. It seems to me that the peak for a man would be around 30-35, but the title
for 'sexiest man alive' ( People magazine, I think it is) seems to usually go to someone 40-50.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 30th, 2019, 9:16 am

oldtrucker wrote:
normaM wrote:Oldtrucker typed"Women reach their peak attractiveness at 18-20 years old, and it's downhill from there on.

normaM wrote:Men reach their peak attractiveness when they are much older.. 40's and 50's... apparently so I have read.."hahahaMen think that because they are having a mid ( or near end) life crisis, they figure if a server is friendly for the tip then she MUST want him :/

You know I'm in a ongoing mid life crisis( 2nd or 3rd one now) and you are just capitalising on that weakness.
normaM wrote:Swear to baby Jesus I will go to a GTG OT goes to just to feast my eyes on his attractivenes

Note I said 'so I have read'. It seems to me that the peak for a man would be around 30-35, but the title
for 'sexiest man alive' ( People magazine, I think it is) seems to usually go to someone 40-50.

True, but men don't have to beat themselves up comparing to "the sexiest man alive". That's pretty high bar, that I don't think many women think about in their daily lives. Regular guys only have to be moderately sexy, and that is much more doable. And I'm sure most guys realize that's not just a physical thing, but many factors involved (for guys or gals).

Whining about how women get all the easy stuff in life is probably not a feature that makes a man sexy (not referring to present company, more like the incel types). I truly believe that every person should make a daily choice as to what they really want to do with their days. Many men (and some women) love a challenging and dangerous jobs, and thankgoodness for that, because the rest of us (male and female) are not going to pick those jobs, and those people should be rewarded handsomely for doing them. But everyone who chooses some kind of gainful work regardless if they are a waiter or an ER nurse or whatever, should be appreciated by the rest of us for stepping up.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 30th, 2019, 9:27 am

oldtrucker wrote:

normaM wrote:Swear to baby Jesus I will go to a GTG OT goes to just to feast my eyes on his attractiveness

Silverstarqueen
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns