Is the entire planet 'racist' to some degree?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Is the entire planet 'racist' to some degree?

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 20th, 2019, 2:35 pm

Glacier wrote:A lot of women noticed that Trudeau in he "black face" picture had a stuffed penis in his pants (presumably to play up the stereotype of black men have larges penises).

I'm glad I didn't notice that.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1481 posts

Postby Queen K » Sep 20th, 2019, 2:54 pm

I hope Glacier was making that up.

Oh yes, the entire planet is racist to some degree. I'm sure what is being said about anyone is repeated by everyone all over the globe.
Using cash is one of your few forms of privacy: use it or lose it. 1984 isn't the only Orwell novel that needs to to made fiction again.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 15582 posts

Postby Glacier » Sep 20th, 2019, 3:05 pm

Silverstarqueen wrote:Example: there are many beautiful muslim women (and handsome men), where any number of people might like to have sex with them, doesn't mean that they are in love with the muslim faith or traditions, or would want to live a muslim lifestyle.

I'm not sure I follow your example, but I get what you're saying. I agree. Not loving someone's faith or traditions doesn't make you racist. Yes, you might want to sleep with beautiful women of all backgrounds and still be racist. That is to say, you might want to sleep with a Muslim, but outside of your horniness, discriminate against Muslims (refusing to serve them in your restaurant, or give them poor service).
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12715 posts

Postby OKkayak » Sep 20th, 2019, 11:59 pm

If someone's attractive then they're attractive, if they're fugly, then they're fugly, regardless of race.

I've been fortunate enough to have "travelled" the world

“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

2 people like this post.
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4908 posts

Postby normaM » Sep 21st, 2019, 5:20 am

Big difference between racism and preference.
People tend to date those who are in their same circle. Personally I find black men hot - and I like people who look exotic/unconventional good looks.
We make everything you need and you need everything we make.

2 people like this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6431 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 21st, 2019, 2:29 pm

normaM wrote:Personally I find black men hot

See...told ya.

normaM wrote:Big difference between racism and preference.

Is there? In most areas sure. I'm getting at the point of Great! or Gross!...I can, or I can't exchange bodily fluids with this person. If a person is totally repulsed by a particular ethnic group on most levels, they probably will be repulsed at the thought of 'exchanging...' I'm using that term because it makes a person think about what they are really doing.
Just because there is a 'ick' factor doesn't make someone a racist either...preference as you said.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1481 posts

Postby normaM » Sep 21st, 2019, 5:51 pm

Told you what exactly.. I have been with white Men just as big a dik :) Maybe stop " exchanging" and get down to business
I like all different groups, but I only like dating someone who is my height or taller, and I am nearly 6 feet tall.
Remember size doesn't matter, it is what you can do :) btw, just read men under 30 don't fancy doing oral sex with their partner
*looks for Grandpa type* snerk
We make everything you need and you need everything we make.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6431 posts

Postby Smurf » Sep 22nd, 2019, 7:59 am

I guess I have no racism because when I was young and free I had no limitations when it came to sex. If they were willing I was. I definitely had preferences, but nothing to do with race. I also would have married someone of any nationality if it was someone I loved. I definitely had preferences in who they were for a long term relationship. Good looking by my standards, smart a definite necessity and like doing the same things I do. I've never really much about what other people thought. If they didn't/don't like it too bad. I'm here for me and mine not them as a whole. I always try to people help people of any race if I can. I got a great deal of satisfaction out of being a safety officer, first responder, firefighter and union rep. Never really worried about race.

I definitely do not like some of the actions and beliefs of people of other races but that is their right and if they don't try to force it on me then so be it. I also don't believe it is up to me to tell them what is right or wrong. They probably feel my opposing beliefs are just as bad. I will tell them I don't agree but in the end it is their right to believe what they do is right.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Guru

Liked in: 6624 posts

Postby tantor » Sep 22nd, 2019, 8:05 am

I disagree, I don't see color period. You are either a good person or a bad person and pigment has zero to do with it. I don't care what color or sexual orientation or which one of the 7 billion genders you claim you are. You are either a good person or your not, just don't expect me to address you by your make believe gender. I only believe in reality so I will address you as you present your self that aside you are a good person or bad person and that is all. Just remember, you are unique, just like everybody else lol.
tantor
Fledgling

Liked in: 214 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Sep 22nd, 2019, 8:37 am

Racism definition is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior

It's a "preference" that i'm drawn to women who can't be in the sun long, not a conscious choice - it is what it is.
Doesn't mean if I were young again circumstances couldn't veer me off that path.- How lucky would they have been :up:
jimmy4321
Guru

Liked in: 2496 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 22nd, 2019, 3:21 pm

kgcayenne wrote:The entire planet is essentially racist. It's only Caucasians who are not allowed to be.

I wonder what would happen if I confronted a new Canadian who was being racist toward another newcomer and said "You don't bring that garbage to this country." Do you think that would fly? No. No, it would not.

IF I were there at the moment, and not in danger by speaking out, I would support you in doing that.

kgcayenne likes this post.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 2528 posts

Postby 1791 » Sep 22nd, 2019, 4:06 pm

All we know for sure. JT is racist .
Board Meister

Liked in: 304 posts

Postby pureblissyoga » Sep 24th, 2019, 11:47 am

Quoted excerpt right out of the Canadian Constitution under Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, if inequality and racism is coming from the very top then it looks like the top is where the change needs to be made first!

Equality Rights

Marginal note:Equality before and under law and equal protection and benefit of law

15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

Marginal note:Affirmative action programs

(2) Subsection (1) does not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration of conditions of disadvantaged individuals or groups including those that are disadvantaged because of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
pureblissyoga

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Glacier » Sep 24th, 2019, 12:09 pm

Laura Inglis Wilder is now racist because it's totally unacceptable for someone born in 1867 to to grasp 2019 critical race theory!

Have these people even read her books!? This is an assault of classical literature.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44604844
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”

OKkayak likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12715 posts

Postby OKkayak » Sep 24th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Glacier wrote:Laura Inglis Wilder is now racist because it's totally unacceptable for someone born in 1867 to to grasp 2019 critical race theory!

Have these people even read her books!? This is an assault of classical literature.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44604844

Been posted before, but this is dead on:

“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

2 people like this post.
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4908 posts

Previous

Return to Social Concerns