Thursday, November 20th2.2°C
22246
24004

Street racer pleads guilty

West Kelowna and Peachland topics.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby dirtybiker » Dec 12th, 2012, 10:57 am

I am in no way condoning these peoples actions that day!


So, just because the guy in the sports car is driving like a idjit and speeding
around a curve, that makes him responsible for the other idjit attempting, and failing,
to do the same, how??

Once again I'll state, in the 1st person. If I succesfully negotiate a curve and the vehicle behind me does not,
how is this in any way my fault?


Sidenote; I have spent a lifetime hobby of closed course motorsport racing, you learn real quick to let the fast ones go and
only do what you 'KNOW" you and your machine are capable of, otherwise...YOU CRASH!"

It's sad in this day and age that people still do not get it, you are responsible for yourself,
quit blaming others for your shortcomings and mistakes.

disclaimer; by you I may, or may not acctually mean you.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3568
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 10 posts
Joined: Mar 8th, 2008, 6:00 pm
Location: Central OK

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby gardengirl » Dec 12th, 2012, 11:04 am

dirtybiker wrote:I am in no way condoning these peoples actions that day!


So, just because the guy in the sports car is driving like a idjit and speeding
around a curve, that makes him responsible for the other idjit attempting, and failing,
to do the same, how??

Once again I'll state, in the 1st person. If I succesfully negotiate a curve and the vehicle behind me does not,
how is this in any way my fault?


Sidenote; I have spent a lifetime hobby of closed course motorsport racing, you learn real quick to let the fast ones go and
only do what you 'KNOW" you and your machine are capable of, otherwise...YOU CRASH!"

It's sad in this day and age that people still do not get it, you are responsible for yourself,
quit blaming others for your shortcomings and mistakes.

disclaimer; by you I may, or may not acctually mean you.


Wow. You're scaring me.

Both drivers participated. Both are guilty. It's just that one paid the ultimate price.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12407
Likes: 191 posts
Liked in: 196 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby dirtybiker » Dec 12th, 2012, 11:17 am

gardengirl wrote:
Both drivers participated. .


As individuals. In seperate vehicles. With seperate minds and seperate choices.

They were not joined at the hip where one unwillingly was dragged into a situation!

He may have been dragged in only by his own ego, ergo, poor choice!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3568
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 10 posts
Joined: Mar 8th, 2008, 6:00 pm
Location: Central OK

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby grammafreddy » Dec 12th, 2012, 11:29 am

gardengirl wrote: The wife of the man who was charged was a passenger in the car which crashed.



Are you sure about that?

Steven Kurt Ewert, the driver of the BMW, died at the scene. The other three passengers, including Ewert’s wife, sustained injuries and were taken to Kelowna General Hospital.

Bell’s wife was the other passenger in the Porsche. All six people were from Calgary.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
 
Posts: 28551
Likes: 2199 posts
Liked in: 776 posts
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 9:52 am

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby gardengirl » Dec 12th, 2012, 11:33 am

Oh, I must have misread that.
They did all know each other though.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12407
Likes: 191 posts
Liked in: 196 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby cv23 » Dec 12th, 2012, 11:37 am

Interesting that all participants in this event were from Alberta.
I wonder if they race on their own streets back home or they just come to our community to act like a$$e$ and jeopardize our safety?
User avatar
cv23
Guru
 
Posts: 6208
Likes: 1423 posts
Liked in: 942 posts
Joined: Jul 4th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby cv23 » Dec 12th, 2012, 11:46 am

Sounds like we need much stiffer penalties for those who like to crap in our backyard rather than doing so in their own.
User avatar
cv23
Guru
 
Posts: 6208
Likes: 1423 posts
Liked in: 942 posts
Joined: Jul 4th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby mexicalidreamer » Dec 12th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Correct me if I 'm wrong but I heard part of the story on CHBC last night and I thought I heard the reporter say that this guy has a history of aggressive driving?

He sounds like an a....le to me.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
User avatar
mexicalidreamer
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2276
Likes: 258 posts
Liked in: 423 posts
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 1:48 pm

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby mexicalidreamer » Dec 12th, 2012, 2:24 pm

Good point CV23. We would have to, and did so in this case, foot the bill for the injuries in this situation.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
User avatar
mexicalidreamer
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2276
Likes: 258 posts
Liked in: 423 posts
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 1:48 pm

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby mexicalidreamer » Dec 12th, 2012, 2:25 pm

Last time, promise. I wonder how his wife feels about him today?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
User avatar
mexicalidreamer
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2276
Likes: 258 posts
Liked in: 423 posts
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 1:48 pm

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby After_Shock » Dec 12th, 2012, 2:42 pm

You're a very one minded person if he was just "street racing" he deserved the penalty he got along with the fine. Unless there is a death involved (Drinking & driving) no one should have their "license suspended and never be able to get one in BC again).
After_Shock
 
Posts: 4
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Dec 28th, 2010, 10:02 am

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby grammafreddy » Dec 12th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Ummm ... I think there was a death involved???
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
 
Posts: 28551
Likes: 2199 posts
Liked in: 776 posts
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 9:52 am

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby sulchie » Dec 12th, 2012, 3:14 pm

After_Shock wrote:You're a very one minded person if he was just "street racing" he deserved the penalty he got along with the fine. Unless there is a death involved (Drinking & driving) no one should have their "license suspended and never be able to get one in BC again).


yah, check your facts before you spout off, any body who would willingly get into a car drunk, or get into a car and speed, doesn't deserve to drive a car!!!
sulchie
 
Posts: 48
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Nov 28th, 2012, 7:41 pm

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby sulchie » Dec 12th, 2012, 3:26 pm

dirtybiker wrote:
As individuals. In seperate vehicles. With seperate minds and seperate choices.

They were not joined at the hip where one unwillingly was dragged into a situation!

He may have been dragged in only by his own ego, ergo, poor choice!



Why are you defending this clown, he does not deserve it.
sulchie
 
Posts: 48
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Nov 28th, 2012, 7:41 pm

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Postby SurplusElect » Dec 13th, 2012, 8:43 am

Street race sports car along a populated, winding road and people end up hurt / dead - no jail. No car for 18 months

Grow 6 pot plants - jail 1.5 years. No freedom for 18 months.

Good to see we have our priorities straight.
SurplusElect
Übergod
 
Posts: 1618
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2012, 12:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to West Kelowna

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests