Video Billboard

WhatThe

Re: Video Billboard

Post by WhatThe »

I still can't figure out why it's such a big deal. Why does it bother anyone?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

WhatThe wrote:I still can't figure out why it's such a big deal. Why does it bother anyone?

Some people have OCD.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

great who dragged this topic from the depths of the forgotten.

By The way what ever happened to that website that people were supposed to sign up on to remove the billboard....didnt look like it worked very well. and the amount of accidents that it was gonna cause...which it hasnt...

thats why the topic is dead....no point on saying anything bad about it because nothing bad came of it in the first place.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

The brightness of the billboard has been lessened substantially. That has lessened the problem!

By reducing the intensity the owners of the billboard are obviously clicking on more cylinders than a few of you people are! :)
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

LOL I was wondering how long it would take for you bestside to come back here and insult people again. I see you still have a stick up yer *bleep* about it. Hilarious
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

WhatThe wrote:LOL I was wondering how long it would take for you bestside to come back here and insult people again. I see you still have a stick up yer *bleep* about it. Hilarious

:dyinglaughing:
I was wondering how long it would take for you to step forward as the guy not firing on all cylinders.

Again, my compliments to the video board owners who brought down the intensity to a lower level. :)
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

The Video Billboard is gone. Wonder who gets it next?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Pugnacious wrote:The Video Billboard is gone. Wonder who gets it next?
:cheerleader: :greenbanana: :blobbie: :thewave: :ridemcowboy: =D> :smt035 :smt081
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Pugnacious wrote:The Video Billboard is gone. Wonder who gets it next?

It was an interesting experiment to see if a video billboard with optics for foot traffic would work on a higher speed hi-way. Looks like the results of the experiment are in.
Look for it in Westbank on Noll's property... where some stop lights can get an audience...
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Perhaps it's just being repaired?
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Urbane wrote:Perhaps it's just being repaired?

The red crane took it away today...
12:51 PM the first panel was taken off
2:17 PM it was all gone...

So who won the pool?
Fleshfailures
Board Meister

Post by Fleshfailures »

It's back up now, flashing solid colors. Maybe they were fixing that weird red tint that it had before.
toasteroven

Post by toasteroven »

Upgrade to HD, plus support for animated GIFs. It'll also broadcast commercials to 95.1FM so you can listen to the ads as you drive by, take photos of your license plate, cross-reference with ICBC and send you targeted mail ads depending on which advertisement you saw / heard as you drove by, blinking in the intensity of the OLEDs.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

toasteroven wrote:Upgrade to HD, plus support for animated GIFs. It'll also broadcast commercials to 95.1FM so you can listen to the ads as you drive by, take photos of your license plate, cross-reference with ICBC and send you targeted mail ads depending on which advertisement you saw / heard as you drove by, blinking in the intensity of the OLEDs.

Please say "j/K", or else the whole thing is just too creepy.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I trust it's able to focus in on the driver's eyes to measure the length of time and intensity with which one is looking at any particular ad.

Return to “Central Okanagan”