Smith Creek mud bog

cv23
Guru

Re: Smith Creek mud bog

Post by cv23 »

bigtdawg wrote:Anyway to get back to topic, i guess my ultimate question on this issue would be why not install PRIVATE PROPERTY - NO TRESSPASSING signs instead of knocking down all the trees? This tells me nothing. For all I know, the wind could have knocked these down, albeit strange they would fall over in all the right places to block off access.

I guess you also wonder why there are speed bumps and police radar when there already are plenty of speed limit signs don't you?

bigtdawg wrote:If this family doesn't want people using this nice piece of wilderness so close to town, then they should gate it and lock it up so nobody can go in there. I'll still get through on my dirtbike though....

So now you'd like us to believe that you'd ignore a gate in your path but a sign would stop you dead in your tracks?
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

Genius Idea, why not put a gate and a sign!
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

bigtdawg wrote:Genius Idea, why not put a gate and a sign!

What? And waste a perfectly good gate and sign for the boggers(trespassers) to destroy like they did the fence?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

So then we'll just chop up the logs then, whatever, same difference!!!

And there never was a fence blocking off the mud bog, just a bunch of trees one day strewn all over.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Somebody is going for a Darwin award it seems. :127:
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

I will cleanse whatever genes from the human race i need see fit to.
George Carlin
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I just moved to the Smith Creek area and I shouldnt be suprised by how pathetic the general public is but what a mess people have made of the area. I understand that if you build it they will come but whoever said that if you allow access they will use it as a dump. If it was my land I would allow mountain bikes and dirt bikes but to hell with all other motorized vehicles. Unfortunatly people are bloody pigs and completely inconsiderate, and because of this they simply dont deserve the freedom to use other peoples land however they see fit.

Place a no trespassing sign with a well hidden hunting camera up in a tree and take licence plates down - done.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

I live in the Smith Creek area, in my experience signs are errected and the next day they are down, broken, torn and ground into the dirt by tires running over them. No respect for private property whatsoever.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

mrs.bandaid wrote:I live in the Smith Creek area, in my experience signs are errected and the next day they are down, broken, torn and ground into the dirt by tires running over them. No respect for private property whatsoever.

That's evident by one person on this thread.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
OKPeach

Post by OKPeach »

I am going to walk up through Black Canyon park to see what Big Dawg is talking about. It has my curiosity perking. There are a lot of houses backing onto the park so I am sure those residences know of the activity. I know the residents are tired of the constant noise and partying above them. One of these days a young person is going to get seriously hurt - let us hope that the ambulance will be able to get to them.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Fancy wrote:That's evident by one person on this thread.

And some people wonder why I will not divulge the legal (for now) areas where
I love to ride.

It is rather annoying though that 20+ yrs ago I could ride right out of my garage.
Now I have to transport my bike of choice for A minimum of 30 minutes.

Times change, either change with it or
become extint
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
the_zipper
Board Meister

Post by the_zipper »

Poindexter wrote:I just moved to the Smith Creek area and I shouldnt be suprised by how pathetic the general public is but what a mess people have made of the area. I understand that if you build it they will come but whoever said that if you allow access they will use it as a dump. If it was my land I would allow mountain bikes and dirt bikes but to hell with all other motorized vehicles. Unfortunatly people are bloody pigs and completely inconsiderate, and because of this they simply dont deserve the freedom to use other peoples land however they see fit.

Place a no trespassing sign with a well hidden hunting camera up in a tree and take licence plates down - done.

I'm pretty sure I know where the area the OP is talking about, if it the same area as I'm thinking it is not private property but crown land. You should have seen the mess up there before it was developed, major garbage dump! I have to say it is much cleaner now. I still does make me made when I go up there and people have left old TV and that sort of crap! Seriously People! :ohmygod:
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

Yeah nobody likes dumpers, I do my best to try and catch them by going up there lots.
George Carlin
Impulse_rs
Fledgling

Post by Impulse_rs »

hey bigtdog, is there any mud up there? Makes me want to bring my truck and get her muddy!!!!! But seriously tho, that place is a DUMP. garbage everywhere, its trashed.. you cant trash it any worse than it already is.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

People wonder why boggers have such a bad rep, well here's your shining example! This kid is exactly like the rest of them, the smart ones are VERY far and few between.

Just remember, if they are on YOUR private property, no matter the acreage, just set up cantrips on the access route. It's your right to protect your property. So hit em where it hurts! Those tires are cheap!

Pro-tip: stringing twine along your fencing line with mildly reflective marker tape is perfect legal and absolutely HELL to try and spot with a helmet on that has any little bit of UV protection on the visor. ;)

Return to “Central Okanagan”