Smith Creek mud bog

cv23
Guru

Re: Smith Creek mud bog

Post by cv23 »

dirtybiker wrote:He is the one trying to get a rise out of people.
He is the one shining a bad light on a great sport/ recreation (dirtbiking)

He is proving himself to be more of an idiot with every post he makes.

To bad fools like this give responsible riders and the whole sport a bad name.
OKPeach

Post by OKPeach »

So does anyone know what is going on up there today - Thursday a.m.? Heavy machinery heard close to Smith Creek Rd.
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

Somebody decided he doesn't like people in West Kelowna having fun up in Smith Creek, so he's uprooting the forest to block it all off.
Last edited by bigtdawg on Dec 1st, 2011, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That's easily verifiable - is it his property he's working on?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

If it is the "mudbog" i am thinking of up there I believe it is crown land. Perfect place as I see it. There is no wetland or drainage nearby and completly dries up in the summer. What's the harm? Block it off and they will find a much more sensitive area to destroy.
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

Fancy wrote:That's easily verifiable - is it his property he's working on?

Yes, I believe this is crown land, not sure where one finds out information like that.

If it is the "mudbog" i am thinking of up there I believe it is crown land. Perfect place as I see it. There is no wetland or drainage nearby and completly dries up in the summer. What's the harm? Block it off and they will find a much more sensitive area to destroy.

When I went for a ride up there just now, I could see where people have already gone into the brush to get around the logs, just making the problem worse! There's lots of free firewood up there right now, just buck it up yourself....
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
OKPeach

Post by OKPeach »

Going up Smith Creek - once you get past the patchwork fence and housing on the left - you come to a clearing before the church camp. That land to the left is private land and then below that land is Black Canyon Park which is owned by West Kelowna. I believe there is a mud bog just off Smith Creek Rd on the private land that you are talking about. Usually that is the access people use to also dump their garbage as West Kelowna has gone in and cleaned up as well as some of the neighbors. Personally as long as people don't care about whether they are on private land then it is a useless fight. I believe the absentee owners thought they would built housing in there but the market has dictated otherwise.
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

I know blocking the roads off won't change my routine of using it as a backyard playground, maybe if they develop the area, but even then, I'll just go higher up the mountain. I love how the land owners are trying to keep people off the land to keep it from being destroyed, but all they are doing is destroying the forest by ripping out all the trees!
George Carlin
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

bigtdawg wrote:ya ok sure, your little rolling eyes emoticon is going to change my mind on this, right?

LOL - of course not. But one does eventually hope you will reach maturity some day in the future. Perhaps some day when you have land of your own and some miserable, immature, opinionated, stubborn, entitled twit decides your land is his "playground" you will get the point of the rolling eyes.

And, before you get all huffy, I did not just call you a miserable, immature, opinionated, stubborn, entitled twit.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

Merely insinuated it though is all....
George Carlin
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

Lots of people use that land because they have no where else thats close to use. Its not just me thats up there. I see at least one person up there everytime i go. And now they can't go there. So they will find another place. Hopefully its in your backyard next time, granny.
George Carlin
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

bigtdawg wrote:Lots of people use that land because they have no where else thats close to use. Its not just me thats up there. I see at least one person up there everytime i go. And now they can't go there. So they will find another place. Hopefully its in your backyard next time, granny.

More than likely won't be.

Is there really no part of "private property" that you understand?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

There are no signs so that I would know its private property, how am I supposed to know I'm breaking the law if i don't know where public and private lands meet??
George Carlin
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

I used to steal my sister's trolls and melt there faces off with a magnifying glass, then put them back, and then tell her their faces must have melted off when they saw hers!
George Carlin
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

Anyway to get back to topic, i guess my ultimate question on this issue would be why not install PRIVATE PROPERTY - NO TRESSPASSING signs instead of knocking down all the trees? This tells me nothing. For all I know, the wind could have knocked these down, albeit strange they would fall over in all the right places to block off access.
George Carlin

Return to “Central Okanagan”