Smith Creek mud bog

bigtdawg
Fledgling

Smith Creek mud bog

Post by bigtdawg »

I was up in Smith Creek today taking my dog for a walk and noticed that about twenty trees were uprooted and placed on the mud bog. Not sure if the wind blew them down but it looks like someone came along and moved them all across the mud bog to stop trucks from entering, but they won't stop anybody from using that mudbog. The first person with a truck and a chainsaw who wants to go for a mudbog is going to chop those trees into little pieces and move them. Heck, I may just borrow a chainsaw and do it myself. Also, these fences that I've been seeing that the Dobbin family has been installing up there are not only useless, but eyesores, as they have completely hacked up and repatched and hacked up again. If this family doesn't want people using this nice piece of wilderness so close to town, then they should gate it and lock it up so nobody can go in there. I'll still get through on my dirtbike though....
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
cv23
Guru

Re: Smith Creek mud bog

Post by cv23 »

Actually a simple No Trespassing sign and motion activated camera would probably be more effective than fences or fallen trees as then those found to have been on the private property without permission could be more easily prosecuted.
Why is it some juveniles today feel they have the right to enter and destroy another persons private property without permission? I wonder how these delinquents would feel if total strangers just started entering their families property anytime they felt like simply to vandalise it?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

bigtdawg wrote:I was up in Smith Creek today taking my dog for a walk and noticed that about twenty trees were uprooted and placed on the mud bog. Not sure if the wind blew them down but it looks like someone came along and moved them all across the mud bog to stop trucks from entering, but they won't stop anybody from using that mudbog. The first person with a truck and a chainsaw who wants to go for a mudbog is going to chop those trees into little pieces and move them. Heck, I may just borrow a chainsaw and do it myself. Also, these fences that I've been seeing that the Dobbin family has been installing up there are not only useless, but eyesores, as they have completely hacked up and repatched and hacked up again. If this family doesn't want people using this nice piece of wilderness so close to town, then they should gate it and lock it up so nobody can go in there. I'll still get through on my dirtbike though....

Does this piece of land belong to you? If not, what are you doing there? Did your parents not teach you that if something doesn't belong to you then keep your grubby little hands off it?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
hardnut
Fledgling

Post by hardnut »

cv23 wrote:Why is it some juveniles today feel they have the right to enter and destroy another persons private property without permission?

Usually because their parents did it themselves when they were kids . . . and some of them never left childhood. An even simpler answer is that those who do that kind of thing never had to work for something that someone else destroyed. That's a fast lesson to learn, although even that isn't enough of a teaching experience for some people.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

If it's on Crown land, I hope the OP has lots of money to pay off the $100,000 fine he will get for mud bogging.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

bigtdawg wrote:I was up in Smith Creek today taking my dog for a walk and noticed that about twenty trees were uprooted and placed on the mud bog. Not sure if the wind blew them down but it looks like someone came along and moved them all across the mud bog to stop trucks from entering, but they won't stop anybody from using that mudbog. The first person with a truck and a chainsaw who wants to go for a mudbog is going to chop those trees into little pieces and move them. Heck, I may just borrow a chainsaw and do it myself. Also, these fences that I've been seeing that the Dobbin family has been installing up there are not only useless, but eyesores, as they have completely hacked up and repatched and hacked up again. If this family doesn't want people using this nice piece of wilderness so close to town, then they should gate it and lock it up so nobody can go in there. I'll still get through on my dirtbike though....

So you're complaining that the fences are an eyesore because they've been patched up so many times after people like you've hacked them down, and if they don't want anyone on their land they should build a gate and lock it, even though it still won't prevent someone like you from using/abusing their land. Brilliant :127:
They say you can't believe everything they say.
OKPeach

Post by OKPeach »

I can hear heavy equipment today on Smith Creek road right above Black Canyon Park. Does anyone know what they are doing? The land behind the park is private land. Across Smith Creek Road is crown land. I believe the mud bog is on private land.
pwjm

Post by pwjm »

RichardWede wrote:If it's on Crown land, I hope the OP has lots of money to pay off the $100,000 fine he will get for mud bogging.

Citation please?
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

So you're complaining that the fences are an eyesore because they've been patched up so many times after people like you've hacked them down, and if they don't want anyone on their land they should build a gate and lock it, even though it still won't prevent someone like you from using/abusing their land. Brilliant :127:[/quote]

You really have some mental trippage happening in your brain, where did i say i hack the fences down?
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

pwjm wrote:
RichardWede wrote:If it's on Crown land, I hope the OP has lots of money to pay off the $100,000 fine he will get for mud bogging.

Citation please?

http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_release ... 000267.htm

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

2007FOR0030-000267

March 15, 2007
Ministry of Forests and Range

MUD BOGGING, INTERFACE FIRES TARGETED IN BILL

VICTORIA – Forests and Range Minister Rich Coleman today introduced the Forests and Range Statutes Amendment Act, 2007, which will deliver on throne speech commitments to strengthen forest stewardship and reduce the risk of forest fires, as well as helping to build government’s New Relationship with First Nations.

“We are strengthening government’s ability to deal with people who damage our forest or range resources,” said Coleman. “This should serve as notice that we will not tolerate the actions of those who wilfully run machines through sensitive areas.”

Under new provisions of the Forest and Range Practices Act, people causing damage that adversely affects an ecosystem, such as driving four-wheel drive vehicles in wetlands, or riding ATVs irresponsibly in alpine terrain or range lands, will face penalties of up to $100,000. Cases prosecuted in the criminal courts carry maximum fines of $100,000, up to one year in jail, or both.

Bill 18 also contains provisions to other statutes, including the Forest Act, Wildfire Act, Range Act and Forestry Revitalization Act to:

· enable local governments to reduce the threat of interface wildfires to their communities through changes to the Forestry Licence to Cut;

· streamline government’s ability to increase the volume and area of a First Nation tenure, and to protect potential Aboriginal rights and title;

· provide woodlot operators with greater operational flexibility to improve their economic stability; and

· make changes to provisions governing cutting permits to facilitate the prompt harvesting of mountain pine beetle-attacked timber.

-30-

Media
Jennifer McLarty

Public Affairs Officer

250 387-4592

For more information on government services or to subscribe to the Province’s news feeds using RSS, visit the Province’s website at www.gov.bc.ca.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

bigtdawg wrote:You really have some mental trippage happening in your brain, where did i say i hack the fences down?
Small step from using a chainsaw and entering private property.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

bigtdawg wrote:
You really have some mental trippage happening in your brain, where did i say i hack the fences down?

You didn't - and he didn't either.

"Someone like you" is what he said, meaning people who do not respect private property. You did say, didn't you, that you intended to go onto that private land and that the fences, gates and locks wouldn't stop you?

bigtdawg wrote:If this family doesn't want people using this nice piece of wilderness so close to town, then they should gate it and lock it up so nobody can go in there. I'll still get through on my dirtbike though....
__________________________________________________________________________________________

bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

yes ill think ill go right now!!! Tear it up!!!! Just got a new tire!!!
Last edited by bigtdawg on Dec 1st, 2011, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Carlin
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

bigtdawg wrote:yes ill think ill go right now!!!Tear it up!!!! just got a new tire on my bike, that's gonna tear up the land!!!

This is a juvenile reaction. Do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you react like that? YOU were the one who was doing the whining in the first place about a private land owner trying to protect what is legally his. YOU were the one who said you would/could/might take a chainsaw in there to cut up those trees in the bog. YOU were the one who said a gate and lock on private land would not stop you.

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

He is the one trying to get a rise out of people.
He is the one shining a bad light on a great sport/ recreation (dirtbiking)
Many people say many things to try and get a reaction,
Whether they would actually carry them out is another question.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Central Okanagan”