Smith Creek mud bog

showtime76

Re: Smith Creek mud bog

Post by showtime76 »

If you would like to see where public land is everywhere in the District have a look at this website and change view to Hybrid view on the right hand side. Then you can right click on areas and view details.

http://maps.districtofwestkelowna.ca/Vi ... rnetViewer

if that doesn't work click on " go to online mapping service "
http://www.districtofwestkelowna.ca/index.aspx?page=240

Hopefully this clears up things for people who wish to stay on public land..... or not...
Westbank4ever

Post by Westbank4ever »

DashFiveGuy wrote:
bigtdawg wrote:Whatever, you people can say what ever you want, I'm am still going to use this land for my outdoor activities. Its too nice for just one family to be able to use it.

It's pretty obvious that "bigtdawg" is nothing more than an obnoxious troll trying (quite successfully I might add) to get everyone all worked up just for his own amusement.

Seriously people, NOBODY could possibly be as ignorant and possess such a huge sense of self-righteous entitlement as this poor pathetic individual would otherwise have you believe.

Or at least, for the sake of humanity, I certainly hope it isn't possible. :eyeballspin:

I am not so sure about bigtdawg ....There ARE plenty of ijiots out there who feel they have the right to do whatever they can get away with. He is one of the few with enough brain cells to write about it.

:dyinglaughing:
dayton

Post by dayton »

Hate who you want, words can't stop them and a lot of them don't read this
OKPeach

Post by OKPeach »

It is what it is and I think it is time to close this issue.....we are wearing out the few that read it by repeating ourselves. Those ATV riders that pick up the garbage - good for you - you set an example. Those that climb higher good for you because you lessen the noise for the neighborhood closest to the action. Those that respect private property - kudos to you and I am sure many thanks come from the owners who worry about liability. There is much diversity in what people enjoy to do. We all want to enjoy life - it is so short.
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

Just went for a sweet four-by, they have made more ditches and felled more trees, but left a whole side for people to get in still.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

OKPeach wrote:It is what it is and I think it is time to close this issue.....we are wearing out the few that read it by repeating ourselves. Those ATV riders that pick up the garbage - good for you - you set an example. Those that climb higher good for you because you lessen the noise for the neighborhood closest to the action. Those that respect private property - kudos to you and I am sure many thanks come from the owners who worry about liability. There is much diversity in what people enjoy to do. We all want to enjoy life - it is so short.

10/10!!!

As for Bigtdawg, have you ever noticed that guys who add "big" to thier name are more apt to be discribing thier gut size than thier IQ.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

That was very rude,most guys who call themselves poindexter are usually stoopid :ohmygod:
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Poindexter wrote:As for Bigtdawg, have you ever noticed that guys who add "big" to thier name are more apt to be discribing thier gut size than thier IQ.

And their IQ is usually a great deal larger than another part of their anatomy.
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

As for Bigtdawg, have you ever noticed that guys who add "big" to thier name are more apt to be discribing thier gut size than thier IQ.

Their, their, their...
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

I was just up there today. Everything seems about the same as usual. A lot of evidence of people recreating up there on and off the private property. No real effort has ben made to keep people off the private land. The mud bogging area has been flattened and trees laid accross. The moutain bikers are going strong making a big mess. Construction debris and grow-op garbage litter the area in general. For anyone wondering, the snow is mostly gone up top and one can still go up and over Carrot Mountain.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Mtn bikers making a big mess!!?? I bike up there at least twice a week and while there is garbage littering the ground at the upper parking lot, its not dumped by mtn bikers. The mtn bikers tend to stay on the single track that is already existing and do a good job of maintaining it. We may do some building up there and leave a few scraps of lumber and thats about it.

I don't think you can fairly point a finger at any one user group - they will all have a bad apple or two - but the individuals who feel they are within their rights to use any forestery area as their own personal dumping grounds they're another storey. You'd love to be able to give their heads a rattle or two eh! Trouble is, those type of people don't care and you usually can't make them care. Hope for Karma.

In regards to access being restricted to the mud bog area, I would like to know the real storey behind that and not just everyones speculation on here.

Anyways, I'm going to continue to bike up there, love that trail.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

You say "we may do some building up there". Thats what I mean. It's always obvious where the mountain bikers ride. How is your "building" any different than construction waste dumped? It always falls to disrepair and it never gets picked up. There is old lumber and nails and ramps made of garbage everywhere up there. The main area up there is on private property as far as I can tell.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Feel the Love is a first class mountain bike trail that's been incredibly well designed and known through-out the world. To compare it to construction waste is beyond ridiculous. If you ever had the cardio or guts to try you would know better.

logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Just stating the obvious. Is it it on private property or not? Your "building" is un-natural and looks terrible.And probably not legal.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

A properly designed mountian bike trail takes years of work from volunteers and is used by everyone over and over again with no further footprint being laid. A load of contruction waste takes one terd who's too lazy to drive to the dump.

Return to “Central Okanagan”