Door to Door Draw for Shopping Spree

NobleLeaf

Door to Door Draw for Shopping Spree

Post by NobleLeaf »

Has anyone had someone show up at the house tonight? Had a young guy give me a card for a draw to win $1000 shopping spree at Orchard Park Mall...Just asked for my first name and phone number...Just wondering is this is legit or not...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Door to Door Draw for Shopping Spree

Post by Queen K »

Did you DO it? Give out your name and number attached to your address?

Lemme guess.

You are going to WIN! And have a prearranged time to have your shopping spree, but when you get home...Voila! Your house has been broken into. Damn, just when someone knew you would not be home.

I could be wrong.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Pkunko
Fledgling

Post by Pkunko »

Did you ask who he was with? Last time this happened to me it was for kirby vacuums...
NobleLeaf

Post by NobleLeaf »

Hahaha...Luckily, I don't work so there's never really a great opportunity to breakinto my house...And if one did, one would regret it after my dogs met them at the front door..hahahaha

It is Kirby Vacuums...Thats what he said and that's whats on the card....Just thought it was weird...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh okay, just an average friendly vacuum cleaner sales pitch.

I must have a diabotical mind tonight.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

NobleLeaf wrote:Has anyone had someone show up at the house tonight? Had a young guy give me a card for a draw to win $1000 shopping spree at Orchard Park Mall...Just asked for my first name and phone number...Just wondering is this is legit or not...

You gave the information, they will call you asking to do a product demonstration. They'll show you a cool but expensive vacuum that cost too much money, you'll say no, they'll say oh please. Then you'll buy it, and then you'll have a chance of winning that $1000 to offset the cost but won't win.

The end.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
momofthree
Fledgling

Post by momofthree »

He came by my place as well. I asked what he was selling and he said nothing. I told him I didn't want my info out there thanks anyway :)
xlauvawke
Board Meister

Post by xlauvawke »

One came to my house earlier in the year, i gave him my first name and a wrong phone number.
My name is John, my opinion is my own and no other.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I gave him a false name and QK's phone #
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

Captain Awesome wrote:
NobleLeaf wrote:Has anyone had someone show up at the house tonight? Had a young guy give me a card for a draw to win $1000 shopping spree at Orchard Park Mall...Just asked for my first name and phone number...Just wondering is this is legit or not...

You gave the information, they will call you asking to do a product demonstration. They'll show you a cool but expensive vacuum that cost too much money, you'll say no, they'll say oh please. Then you'll buy it, and then you'll have a chance of winning that $1000 to offset the cost but won't win.

The end.

Not quite the end, then your grandaughter finds out you bought a vacuum you can't afford so she convinces her husband to buy it off you and they use it, only to have a kirby saleman show up at the door so the husband lets him in for a product demonstration. After he vacuums a section of carpet and proceeds to show him how much dirt his vacuum is leaving in the carpet he says" You really want your kids crawling on that? What kind of vacuum are you using?" So the husband opens up the closet and shows him a kirby Identical to the one he was using.
Then he gets quiet and leaves.
The end.
Going today, hear tommorow
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I guess the salesman was to much of a gentleman to point out out that the vacuum had to be used to be effective. :dyinglaughing:
Black Dogs Matter
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

dogspoiler wrote:I guess the salesman was to much of a gentleman to point out out that the vacuum had to be used to be effective. :dyinglaughing:

:coffeecanuck:
Going today, hear tommorow
hereforthisthread

Post by hereforthisthread »

Hi, :bump:

I understand this thread has not received a response in a very long time, but I am posting in response to this door to door shopping spree salesman going around.

A guy knocked on my door today and gave me a card that granted me the chance to win a thousand dollar shopping spree at any grocery store around my neighbourhood. If I win, he said "throw me a steak". While this guy was talking, I noticed two other guys dressed the same way coming from my neighbours house.

The card has Kirby of Canada on it, along with the copyright logo next to it and a picture of a giant. I googled Kirkby of Canada, and I found this website as the first result.

I made the mistake of giving this guy my phone number. :runforlife:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

hereforthisthread wrote:
I made the mistake of giving this guy my phone number. :runforlife:

I don't think it's a good idea to give anyone you don't know your phone #.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Phone calls to be expected:

6:00 pm - telemarketer
7:00 pm - telemarketer
8:00 pm - telemarketer
8:59 pm - telemarketer

What a pain they are - at least you can just hang up on them. Don't get sucked in to having them demonstrate - been there done that and it's a waste of time.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”