Messy long weekend campers at Spring Lake

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Messy long weekend campers at Spring Lake

Post by MAPearce »

When I say "close it" I mean, to give nature a chance to regenerate itself in that location.

I say PATROL it ... This is hardly a "new " thing and the cops should take some time to go there and "eh hem" find out who the dummies , as in LOUSY PARENTS, are ... And them charge them .

Kids will only be idiots IF they are allowed too....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

Are you sure they are all "kids". I know a lot of people in their twenties and thirties who act just like kids.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Somebody is dreaming. Where do you think the police are going to find the time and resources to patrol about, in all of these wilderness areas, looking for remote sites where young idiots are camping and partying? It is not like they go to the same place all of the time is it? Maybe CORD should invest in 25 of those game cameras and set them up to capture images at randomly selected sites like Spring Lake. When the area is trashed, they pick up the camera and have a look at the images. Good summer job for some responsible your student.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

watchkat wrote:It is interesting that they are trying to get a skeet/trap shooting club going up the Trepanier area........I wonder if these are the types of persons that are trying to get that going?

What a terrible thing to say about a group of community volunteers who are looking to set up a controlled area to keep just this kind of situation from occurring. Shameful!

Some people are so far removed from the reality of the outdoors that they can't differentiate between the solution and the problem.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

OH, I see if they get this club up and going this is going to prevent this kind of thing from happening you say?

So you are saying that they will perhaps let these yahoo's use their club? Come on, you can't have it both ways Rwede. Just how is this club going to stop the yahoos?

Whose dreamin'?
vistaww

Post by vistaww »

watchkat wrote:OH, I see if they get this club up and going this is going to prevent this kind of thing from happening you say?

So you are saying that they will perhaps let these yahoo's use their club? Come on, you can't have it both ways Rwede. Just how is this club going to stop the yahoos?

Whose dreamin'?

Before the Okanagan Trail Riders got stewardship in the Bear Creek OHV Area there were tons of bush parties, garbage dumping, fire left unattended, etc... now that there is presence those situations have gone for the very large part. Were any of those problem users dirtbikers/ATVrs? Possibly but not likely, it was people just out for party.

The BC Government absolutely recognizes that Stewards and different Stakeholders in areas help to establish a presence that makes the bad users more uncomfortable. On a more Urban level- that's why there are Block Watch Neighbourhoods set up.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

vistaww

I do agree with your concept of stewardship however in this case the parties damaged the areas of Headwaters lake and now twice at Spring lake........up the Deep Creek area, not the Trepanier area where the proposed Skeet Club plans to build.

The Deep Creek area is an entirely different area and unfortunately it is an area that is abused regularly by these types and we watch unlicensed ATV's and motorcycles more often than you can count going up Princeton Avenue to the bushes.

Saturday driving down Princeton Avenue at about 2:30pm we were damn near wiped out by two jacked up 4 x 4's racing after one an other on the bend by Vernon Avenue. That corner is blind to Sanderson Ave on the opposite side. They were drifting as they came up around the bend and I honestly thought we were about to be head on-ed by a drifting truck with ATV or motorcycle on the back. The speed limit is 50km and many don't keep it that low, but these two going up were probably at 80km at least on the bend. No way to get the plates and of course reporting them.........to whom the cops in Westbank....they would never find them up in the bush.

Never anything we seem to be able to do.......
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

put game cameras up to record plate numbers in areas regularly abused then forestry rcmp or co can check pictures when destruction happens much cheaper than patrolling with the same result
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

watchkat wrote:OH, I see if they get this club up and going this is going to prevent this kind of thing from happening you say?

Whose dreamin'?

You have no understanding whatsoever what it means to have community volunteers who help educate and teach responsibility.

You hate guns, we get that. There's no amount of convincing that I can do to change your closed mind.

But, for those who want to learn, there's much literature on the stewardship and responsibility taught by organized outdoors clubs, and how it shapes young people into responsible adults.

The shooting sports, fishing and hunting clubs all teach conservation and respect to young people who attend their programs. Research has shown that kids who are exposed to such organizations and training have a far less likelihood of finding themselves afoul of the law.

There's a certain segment of society that the poster above lives in that simply hates anything to do with such organizations, and that's their right. However, slandering the efforts of community groups who strive to educate young people on conservation and respect for the outdoors is deplorable.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

You are assuming so much that you are not worth further discussion.
Such an opinion you have of YOURSELF>

You are on ignore.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Rwede is bang on. Organized groups that educate youth on respect for the environment is the way to go. And to get ignored by the likes of Watchkat is deserving of having me buy him a cold beer, should our paths cross at a campfire! :)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
angelblue03

Post by angelblue03 »

We regularly hike in the bush off Princeton & are sickened by the mess being left behind not only by weekend campers but also people who go up for the day to do target practice. One example is the open field by the old weigh station on the left hand side of the road. It used to be clean when it was fenced. Someone took it upon themselves to mow the fence down and open the area to vehicles. Over the past couple years it's becoming more and more like a dump. Used shot gun shells, broken skeets, glass, clothing, FURNITURE just to mention a few. It makes for a frustrating hike. It seems like these disrespectful idiots just keep moving on until each place is trashed, leaving the mess for someone else to worry about. It would be nice for the few main areas such as Spring Lake to be patrolled, even just once on the weekends. If they knew the police may or may not show up during the weekend they may not be so inclined to trash it. Or maybe if citizens took it upon themselves to check and record licence plates. There's no simple solution, humanity just keeps going down the tubes with each generation!
ktowncichlids

Post by ktowncichlids »

OH, I see if they get this club up and going this is going to prevent this kind of thing from happening you say?

Whose dreamin'?

Before the Okanagan Trail Riders got stewardship in the Bear Creek OHV Area there were tons of bush parties, garbage dumping, fire left unattended, etc... now that there is presence those situations have gone for the very large part. Were any of those problem users dirtbikers/ATVrs? Possibly but not likely, it was people just out for party.

The BC Government absolutely recognizes that Stewards and different Stakeholders in areas help to establish a presence that makes the bad users more uncomfortable. On a more Urban level- that's why there are Block Watch Neighbourhoods set up.

So far from the truth not even funny,

The police went to MBSS and told them no more parties up there and the teachers told everyone if they are caught up there partying they would not grad,

also the kids decided to move it because cops came to every single party, It happend at smith creek, glenrosa peachland etc etc, Nothing new, every 5-10 years it changes

Terry of the bike club did nothing but ruin that area and don't ever forget it.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

watchkat wrote:You are assuming so much that you are not worth further discussion.
Such an opinion you have of YOURSELF>

You are on ignore.

On a different forum
burner
Fledgling

Post by burner »

So far from the truth not even funny,

The police went to MBSS and told them no more parties up there and the teachers told everyone if they are caught up there partying they would not grad,

also the kids decided to move it because cops came to every single party, It happend at smith creek, glenrosa peachland etc etc, Nothing new, every 5-10 years it changes

Terry of the bike club did nothing but ruin that area and don't ever forget it.

Ruin the area!!! Are you serious ? maybe to the loser crowd that was destroying anything and everything!! The OTR in partnership with the BC government has done a phenomenal job of transforming the area from one that was very near being shut down to many users to a well organized and extremely well managed area that is enjoyed by everyone except of course to the useless crowds hell bent on destroying it , so glad they are gone!!!
Terry has also dedicated thousands of hours of his life just to save the area and make it accessible and enjoyed by thousands of good people who love the outdoors and want to protect it against the crowds who care nothing the outdoors except their next beer and something they can shoot or burn down!!! You obviously have no idea what you are talking about!
Yah I'm *bleep* off!!!

Return to “Central Okanagan”