Messy long weekend campers at Spring Lake

JTGTI

Messy long weekend campers at Spring Lake

Post by JTGTI »

So a friend of mine was out quading this past weekend with buddies, up behind Peachland. They came upon a large number of campers at Spring Lake, and were appalled with what they saw. He recorded what they saw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1gpHB7 ... ure=relmfu

He went back at the end of the weekend and shot some more video which shows how these campers left the site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vj4gI66 ... ure=relmfu

I can't voice how disgusted this behaviour makes me.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Messy Long weekend campers at Spring Lake

Post by Queen K »

Looks like a good area to close down.

Disgusting. Imagine these "outdoors" people, and I use that term loosely, doing that to their own backyards.

Your friend must be in uniform otherwise those campers would be telling him to "jump in the lake". My fav? "You got a camera there?" "YUP."

Whatever happened to "pack it in, you pack it out"?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
process99
Board Meister

Post by process99 »

Yep and thats why they get closed down more every year.
It looks like between the cans and aluminum chairs I could pay the fuel to go and clean that up with some change to spare.
Looks like a decent battery and oars with locks as well, some people do the stupidest things.(that LJ could have been cleaned and used as well at 25 bux each, again more cash.)
When we camp if someone has a campsite that looked like that they would get work duty untill it was cleaned up then shamed rite back home, with all their trash.
Then there is the idiocy of cutting green trees to burn, whats wrong with cleaning up all the dead fall it burns far better anyway.
Too bad so many are afraid to step up and confront them anymore.

P99
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

process99 wrote:Yep and thats why they get closed down more every year.
It looks like between the cans and aluminum chairs I could pay the fuel to go and clean that up with some change to spare.
Looks like a decent battery and oars with locks as well, some people do the stupidest things.(that LJ could have been cleaned and used as well at 25 bux each, again more cash.)
When we camp if someone has a campsite that looked like that they would get work duty untill it was cleaned up then shamed rite back home, with all their trash.
Then there is the idiocy of cutting green trees to burn, whats wrong with cleaning up all the dead fall it burns far better anyway.
Too bad so many are afraid to step up and confront them anymore.

P99

They aren't afraid of the confrontation, they are afraid of being beaten senseless with no recourse for justice after the fact.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Loed wrote:They aren't afraid of the confrontation, they are afraid of being beaten senseless with no recourse for justice after the fact.

Ain't that the truth.
Not afraid to say "It".
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Queen K wrote:Looks like a good area to close down.

That's unfortunate. The thousands of responsible users get punished by the actions of a few idiots, and some people's solution is to "close it down." I'll fight 'til my last breath to keep these areas open for folks to use responsibly.

Moreover, "closing it down" just means there are no people like the law-abiding videographer there to keep an eye on things, and the abusers who don't give a rat's *bleep* about "closures" are then that much more free to do damage. Closures don't stop irresponsible users, they only lock responsible users out, leaving the abusers' actions a free-for-all.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
GardenMum
Board Meister

Post by GardenMum »

Please send me biggest THANK YOU to your friend for cleaning up what wasn't his to clean up! We head up there with our kids usually end of May beginning of June, to look for snakes in the lake and go fishing. My kids are young, and they love going up there. What a horrible thing for these idiots to do to a beautiful area! I appreciate ALL your friend has done!
nicsgrayy

Post by nicsgrayy »

JTGTI wrote:So a friend of mine was out quading this past weekend with buddies, up behind Peachland. They came upon a large number of campers at Spring Lake, and were appalled with what they saw. He recorded what they saw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1gpHB7 ... ure=relmfu

He went back at the end of the weekend and shot some more video which shows how these campers left the site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vj4gI66 ... ure=relmfu

I can't voice how disgusted this behaviour makes me.
Last edited by nicsgrayy on Sep 24th, 2012, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

I am often in the backwoods quadding, camping, etc. and that's terrible, people are PIGS. I hate seeing that sort of thing since it's so beautiful back there.

He should've video'ed the faces and vehicles/licence plates a bit better....... :dyinglaughing:
southernfrau
Board Meister

Post by southernfrau »

Our neighbour said the snakes are out now and they have a mass of them at one end of the lake. All you can see he says is their
heads bobbing out of the water. They are garter snakes not rattlers. Hope the campers did not damage them by throwing things in the lake. Good on the cameraman also and for his cleanup. I know him also and he's a good person so is his family.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Ba++le wrote:PS. Don't tell me youve never partied in the bush at a younger age and not cleaned up, you're the small minded one acting like you're so high n mighty..

I have NEVER partied in the bush and I have NEVER left a mess there, either. I have spent a lot of time in the bush and people are pigs and leave a mess behind them - even just overnight or until they sober up they are still pigs. If me picking up other people's mess makes me high and mighty, then ... yes, I am that, too. I think you are mistaken about who the real small-minded one is. If you were up there and left a mess when you pulled out, then you are the small-minded idiot who didn't clean up after yourself before you left. The people who care about the wilderness areas have no knowledge that you intend to come back when you are sober to clean up after yourselves several days later. They see your mess and they clean it up.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

This is nothing more than an example of the losers society has now created. These kind of messes are left every weekend at dozens of locations throughout this province. "Some" kids that dont care. Parents that raised them and dont give a #!X!*. The law that will never do anything about it. Its sad to see this. If there were some kids attampting to clean up, great for them. But the other losers will just continue on as they are while nothing is every done about it.
The fellow that went up in his truck and cleaned up should get the $10000 reward we should be charging under the law the ones that did it.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Ba++le wrote:I would just like to let you know, that the mess got cleaned up BY PEOPLE WHO WERE CAMPING THERE ON THE WEEKEND, I was one of the many campers theres, and there was numerous vehicles leaving with garbage bags packed into the back of their vehicles, it's a bit hard for the 10-20 people to clean up, after probaly 80+ kids who don't care. The people in this video are cleaning? can't you people see that, its a bit unfair to point fingers at just a small group of people left camping... when they were staying longer just to clean up after people.. Followed by Tuesday when 3-5 people went up and cleaned. You people call us irresponsible and disgusting? yet the entire time we planned on cleaning it.. Who wants to clean after a 4 day bender... Get real. Majority of the people cleaned up after them selves to be totally honest. It was the kids which WAS A HUGE amount that came up there just to cause problems and make a mess.. Maybe before you start pointing fingers figure out who cleaned and who made the mess. The longer video with the older kids... They Cleaned it was all the younger trouble maker, west side kids that were uncapable of cleaning up after themselves. Wednesday there was over 20 of us that were going to go up and clean, BECAUSE WE HAD IT PLANNED ALL ALONG, our behaviour? Yet again like i've said, before you start pointing fingers and saying our behavior is disgusting, open up your eyes, mayvbe even your mouth and ask if its going to get cleaned.. the guy asked and it happened. we arent small minded, we are capable of cleaning up after our selves. PS. Don't tell me youve never partied in the bush at a younger age and not cleaned up, you're the small minded one acting like you're so high n mighty.. :discodance:

There is absolutely nothing that you can say to excuse your and your friends' behaviour. The careless destruction of the environment you've done will be punished. Expect a knock on your door from the police or Conservation Officers any day now. I hope they throw the book at every single one of you.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

sadly, i know those people in the video who made the mess. and i know they also don't care about the mess they made, and have made messes like that before, and will probably not learn their lesson either. its sick to think that some people can ruin a great spot for other people. and also create a stereotype of young people camping because of their rude behavior. hopefully with this coming to light, and the embaressment they are attracting, they will learn there lesson.
hail Satan y'all
keeny
Fledgling

Post by keeny »

Ba++le wrote:Who wants to clean after a 4 day bender... Get real

:coffeecanuck: This quote made me actually laugh out loud... "We were binge drinking like idiots and don't expect to have to clean up after ourselves right away!" What are you, 16 years old? Sneaking into daddy's liquor cabinet again, eh? I'd have to say that you're the one who needs to GET REAL.

Throwing stuff in a fire and burning it doesn't qualify as cleaning up, sorry. Maybe if you're delusional...

Cutting a hole in the bottom of a chair so you can *bleep* in comfort, and then leaving it for someone else to clean up? That is really BEYOND pathetic...

All in all, I'd have to say you and your friends are repulsive human beings for leaving a mess like that because you were hung over...

I'm 22, and can proudly say I've never destroyed public or private property through irresponsible partying, and have never attended one of these sad excuses of a "bush party" in my life. Do us all a favor and get it through your thick skull that this land does not belong to you, it belongs to everyone, and you have absolutely no right to leave it in anything beyond PRISTINE condition, like the way you found it.

Hope y'all receive substantial fines for this.

Have my doubts you will check this thread back as you probably feel justified providing your pitiful excuse for your ridiculous behavior.... Props to any and all involved in the genuine clean-up effort.

Return to “Central Okanagan”