Bark Mulch

gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Bark Mulch

Post by gardengirl »

I want to get a load a bark mulch delivered. Any idea who has the best price?
I used to use the Wood N Boot guys, but I don't think they are around anymore.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Bark Mulch

Post by prairieflower »

Place right across from the bottle depot in Westbank is where we get it. Right near Rock World.
GSP_39

Post by GSP_39 »

prairieflower wrote:Place right across from the bottle depot in Westbank is where we get it. Right near Rock World.

Sun-Oka Valley Transport.
GardenMum
Board Meister

Post by GardenMum »

Ditto to Sun Oka Transport!
Luba

Post by Luba »

I have in the past used a company called Armour that has a truck with a hose that the mulch comes out of and places the mulch in exactly where I needed it and I have a difficult area to get in to and it was awesome no fuss or mess you did not even know they were there He has access to organic mulch which made the yard look great Give him a call 250 862-7671
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Oooo, now that sounds exactly what I want. I have real slope in the back yard and have always had to haul it all up by the bucketfull. Thanks for the tip.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
rent4u

Post by rent4u »

Need a load of bark mulch or ogogrow delivered. Suggestions? Best price?
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

I am looking for some too...
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Granted it was somewhat rough, but I used to get trailer loads of it for free at the Tolko mill.

I'm not sure whether they do that anymore or not, but thought I'd toss it out there for anyone willing to look into it.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Granted it was somewhat rough, but I used to get trailer loads of it for free at the Tolko mill.

I'm not sure whether they do that anymore or not, but thought I'd toss it out there for anyone willing to look into it.

For me that is impossible. I have also thought about the mill. Does anyone know if you get it delivered from there?
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

The mill now uses it for fuel so i doubt they sell it any more, sun oka on the westside sells chips in different grades
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Better Earth Landscape Supplies on KLO has excellent prices and delivers.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
rent4u

Post by rent4u »

Thanks for the info!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Phone some of the local tree companies. If they are working in your neighbourhood they will deliver it for free. Another option is to go and see Marvin Tonn, he is in Glenmore behind Yaletown. His product is made up of wood chips that the tree companies dump off. The product is mixed and aged a bit. Or for the same product you can call Prestige Landscaping, they will deliver it. Redline bobcat also has a cheaper product, but you will see chunks of lumber type wood in it.

There are some differences in the products out there. Bark mulch is a chunky product that is not composted. It is decorative, covers the ground and will help keep weeds down and will take awhile to break down. Products like Natures Gold and Ogogrow are composted materials, they feed your plants with the nutrients they contain, they look nice and rich but will have to be replenished more often as they continue to breakdown and being a finer they do erode quicker into the soil. Plus the wind and rain also erode them away.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Thank you...what I really want is not keep the weeds out and don't mind if there are chunks of wood. I just heard I need a lot of it. I bought a duplex and tried to plant flowers to spruce it up and all I did was get weeds coming out my ying yang. So I have pulled everything out , want to lay some paper down and cover very heavy so nothing grows back. I will keep any eye out for a tree truck and ask. Thank you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”