Tuesday, September 2nd12.2°C
22736
22701

Smith creek

West Kelowna and Peachland topics.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Smith creek

Postby vancity604 » Jun 9th, 2012, 2:47 pm

Just wondering if anyone has been to smith creek since its rained/raining..just wondering how bad the road is going up such as slippery or muddy
vancity604
Fledgling
 
Posts: 323
Likes: 19 posts
Liked in: 52 posts
Joined: Apr 18th, 2012, 8:39 pm

Re: Smith creek

Postby mrs.bandaid » Jun 9th, 2012, 2:53 pm

The road up to Smith Creek is now paved but due to the amount of rain that we have had where the pavement and dirt road meet has had a lot of gravel washed over it and a bit more near the sharp corner at the bottom. This is not a new thing, it happens every rainfall. If anyone from the city works is reading this, it needs to be properly ditched, the road has a real chance of being washed out above Copperridge Drive. Walking up there the other day and it is quite badly rutted due to the rain.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
mrs.bandaid
Übergod
 
Posts: 1008
Likes: 19 posts
Liked in: 448 posts
Joined: Aug 29th, 2005, 2:06 pm

Re: Smith creek

Postby vancity604 » Jun 9th, 2012, 3:23 pm

mrs.bandaid wrote:The road up to Smith Creek is now paved but due to the amount of rain that we have had where the pavement and dirt road meet has had a lot of gravel washed over it and a bit more near the sharp corner at the bottom. This is not a new thing, it happens every rainfall. If anyone from the city works is reading this, it needs to be properly ditched, the road has a real chance of being washed out above Copperridge Drive. Walking up there the other day and it is quite badly rutted due to the rain.


So you would not reccomend me driving up with my truck?
vancity604
Fledgling
 
Posts: 323
Likes: 19 posts
Liked in: 52 posts
Joined: Apr 18th, 2012, 8:39 pm

Re: Smith creek

Postby mrs.bandaid » Jun 9th, 2012, 3:28 pm

You'll have no problem with your truck. There are houses past the Smith Creek subdivision and people go up there all day long.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
mrs.bandaid
Übergod
 
Posts: 1008
Likes: 19 posts
Liked in: 448 posts
Joined: Aug 29th, 2005, 2:06 pm

Re: Smith creek

Postby Poindexter » Jun 20th, 2012, 3:56 pm

Went for a hike yesterday in Smith Creek and came across an old 1930's ganster type of car. Wish I knew more about antique cars but no emblem so not sure what it is. Suicide doors, roof was obviousy cloth like a huge sunroof, hand crank windsheild wiper, single brake light. What I found amazing was the rear windows still worked. A neat feature this thing had was the front seat was hinged and looked ike it would fold flat with rear seat to make a bed. Couldn't believe the metal it was made of, still no rust.
User avatar
Poindexter
Übergod
 
Posts: 1698
Likes: 87 posts
Liked in: 179 posts
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 11:44 am

Re: Smith creek

Postby Queen K » Jun 20th, 2012, 4:04 pm

What do you mean, you came across it? You mean in some forested area or field? On crown land? No pix of it.
Please stop bragging on facebook about how great the Okanagan is right now, or they'll want to move here.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 31909
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 925 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm

Re: Smith creek

Postby mrs.bandaid » Jun 20th, 2012, 6:20 pm

Poindexter wrote:Went for a hike yesterday in Smith Creek and came across an old 1930's ganster type of car. Wish I knew more about antique cars but no emblem so not sure what it is. Suicide doors, roof was obviousy cloth like a huge sunroof, hand crank windsheild wiper, single brake light. What I found amazing was the rear windows still worked. A neat feature this thing had was the front seat was hinged and looked ike it would fold flat with rear seat to make a bed. Couldn't believe the metal it was made of, still no rust.

I walk up there everyday and have not come across that car. I would love to see it. PM me with its location.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
mrs.bandaid
Übergod
 
Posts: 1008
Likes: 19 posts
Liked in: 448 posts
Joined: Aug 29th, 2005, 2:06 pm

Re: Smith creek

Postby bigtdawg » Nov 4th, 2012, 8:07 pm

there is an old Acadian that you can ride right through on the mountain bike trail, is this what you mean? Cut myself on it last time I went through there.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
User avatar
bigtdawg
Fledgling
 
Posts: 113
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jul 1st, 2006, 1:29 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Smith creek

Postby dayton » Nov 12th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Image
Image
This car? Got a pic befre they blocked it all off up there
dayton
 
Posts: 65
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Jan 8th, 2010, 4:34 pm

Re: Smith creek

Postby bigtdawg » Nov 12th, 2012, 11:59 pm

Yeah, she's a beaut eh? Think of what that car has seen....
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
User avatar
bigtdawg
Fledgling
 
Posts: 113
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jul 1st, 2006, 1:29 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Smith creek

Postby Poindexter » Nov 13th, 2012, 11:10 am

This isn't the car we found. I've ridden through this one many times though, cool feature to make use of. The pictures I took of the old ganster car we found were from my iphone and for some reason they won't allow me to resize and post.
User avatar
Poindexter
Übergod
 
Posts: 1698
Likes: 87 posts
Liked in: 179 posts
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 11:44 am

Re: Smith creek

Postby dayton » Nov 15th, 2012, 11:16 am

Well I would gladly drive back up their and look around again to get awessome pics like that again but some cold hearted-mean mugging guy blocked off all the ways up, guess he didn't want the locals to find cool new things in their area
dayton
 
Posts: 65
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Jan 8th, 2010, 4:34 pm

Re: Smith creek

Postby bigtdawg » Nov 15th, 2012, 11:24 am

dayton wrote:Well I would gladly drive back up their and look around again to get awessome pics like that again but some cold hearted-mean mugging guy blocked off all the ways up, guess he didn't want the locals to find cool new things in their area


:rate10: posting.php?mode=smilies&f=33&start=100#
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
User avatar
bigtdawg
Fledgling
 
Posts: 113
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jul 1st, 2006, 1:29 pm
Location: West Kelowna


Return to West Kelowna

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests