Double Fatal

Bretbaby
Übergod

Re: Double Fatal

Post by Bretbaby »

RacerChic wrote:Mike was the Designated Driver that night, had not had a drop of alcohol. His truck was lifted quite a bit, and it is my understanding that the road conditions were sketchy at best.
Everyone needs to stop with the speculations, and hope beyond hope that Brianna will recover fully.
My thoughts and well wishes are with Delanie and Mikes families.
RC

I'm guessing peer pressure turned him away from being a DD that night or this poster's information was incorrect.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Didn't his friends testify that he was sober? Unless I'm wrong but that was also the assertion about him when Ashley was killed.

I wonder how his friends feel now. The truth is right there.

It will change nothing.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

1) Friends know when friends are drinking.
2) People lie
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Didn't his friends testify that he was sober? Unless I'm wrong but that was also the assertion about him when Ashley was killed.

I wonder how his friends feel now. The truth is right there.

It will change nothing.

The testifying was in relation to a different night, more than a year earlier.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
TazzTheCat
Fledgling

Post by TazzTheCat »

RacerChic wrote:Mike was the Designated Driver that night, had not had a drop of alcohol. His truck was lifted quite a bit, and it is my understanding that the road conditions were sketchy at best.
Everyone needs to stop with the speculations, and hope beyond hope that Brianna will recover fully.
My thoughts and well wishes are with Delanie and Mikes families.
RC

.25 and pot in his system while driving at least 85 km on a gravel road doesn't sound like a DD to me. Sounds more like manslaughter. Why did it take so long to be released when it was known that he was heavily intoxicated?
The floggings will continue, until morale improves.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Sorry, I meant testify as in to the police. Not to be confused with the incident in Peachland.

Thanks to Taz for digging up that quote. That was one I was referring to. Sorry to Racer though. I am sure she was merely forwarding information given to her.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Ah, okay. Makes sense, mexi.

It sure did take a long time to be released. Who knows why.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

I don't understand why, either. I was completley under the impression he was sober. My appologise.
sassybee
Board Meister

Post by sassybee »

Sure wouldn't want him as MY designated driver....... .0.25 alcohol...nice.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

It would not surprise me if they were all drunk. I think Baxter was 'designated' because he had a vehicle and therefore was the driver for the night.
TazzTheCat
Fledgling

Post by TazzTheCat »

Nebula wrote:It would not surprise me if they were all drunk. I think Baxter was 'designated' because he had a vehicle and therefore was the driver for the night.

If I am not mistaken, he also had only his 'N'. Its so sad. But what is even more concerning is that the 2 survivors are still partying hard... in saying that... I am not sure if their partying still involves getting into drunk drivers cars. Hopefully they are not.
The floggings will continue, until morale improves.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

too bad they can't tow that truck to a few high schools and show teenagers what drinking, driving and death looks like up close...
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

westside105 wrote:too bad they can't tow that truck to a few high schools and show teenagers what drinking, driving and death looks like up close...

Pictures of the scene would suffice, perhaps with the caption, 'Some fun, huh Bambi?'.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Pictures like that should be a part of all driver training no matter what the age.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

TazzTheCat wrote:.25 and pot in his system while driving at least 85 km on a gravel road doesn't sound like a DD to me. Sounds more like manslaughter. Why did it take so long to be released when it was known that he was heavily intoxicated?

And this is not any type of road... it's gravel, really curvy, going downhill, along Deep Creek with no protective barrier. If you fall off the road, you just have no chance of survival, no matter if you're sober or not, buckled up or not, because it plunges about 100m straight down to the creek.

It's not unusual for coroner reports to take a year to arrive.
Last edited by matai on Nov 5th, 2013, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Central Okanagan”