Dollar store closing

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Dollar store closing

Post by oneh2obabe »

Girlfriend called last night and said the Everything for a Dollar or More store is closing ... no sign posted with actual closing date. Store is in the mall next to Original Joe's. Sign said 10 items for $5.00 so she picked up a few things. We're heading there today to browse.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Dollar store closing

Post by Catz »

I will go look, too...thanx.
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

I knew all these dollar stores wouldn't work, how much of a selection of cheap chinese trinkets do we really need?
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

bigtdawg wrote:I knew all these dollar stores wouldn't work, how much of a selection of cheap chinese trinkets do we really need?

...yet dollar store industry is thriving with more and more chains coming. One of them if I'm not mistaken originated here in Okanagan and doing really well on national level.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

It's only the start , how many stores does the DWK need to support it's population.
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

i know that the new dollar store by the new theater is probably doing well...every time i go by I see poeple in there buying the goodies for the movie...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

You get the first 10 items priced at $1.00 or more for $5.00 then every item after that is $0.50. Items under a dollar are 3 for $1.00. Got 9 Christmas cookie tins, tissue paper, gift bags and gift tags plus packages of yeast, small ice cream scoop for cookies, large ice cream scoop for muffins, plastic scoops for flour, sugar, cocoa and coconut, and some replacement weatherstripping. Sure there are a few things I missed.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
cubafreak
Board Meister

Post by cubafreak »

so your first 10 items for $5.00.....................that works out to 50 cents each..........so in other words everything in the store is half price the way I see it, unless it is an item under a dollar
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

No, you have to buy 10 items for $5.00 before anything else is $0.50. If you only buy 8 or 9 items you pay regular price.

JayPeeWhy
Board Meister

Post by JayPeeWhy »

'Everything for a Dollar or More' was a pretty nonsensical thing for a shop to be called anyway. Aren't nearly all shops a dollar or more?

Now it's just false advertising!
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

It's the one by futureshop or by Zellers?
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

JayPeeWhy wrote:'Everything for a Dollar or More' was a pretty nonsensical thing for a shop to be called anyway. Aren't nearly all shops a dollar or more?

Now it's just false advertising!

Its not false its just worded in a direct sense.
Sure do love Rutland!!
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

No surprise that we will have yet another empty store in West Kelowna.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

French Castanut wrote:It's the one by futureshop or by Zellers?

It's in the little mall between Staples and SuperStore ... next to Original Joe's and across from the oil lube place.

Christinamlhaagsman

Post by Christinamlhaagsman »

They're staying open until the store clears out, the girl said tonight that they still have a whole bunch of Christmas stuff in the back to bring out but they have had no time because they both have to be up at the counter at all times. So they will clear out fast. 44 items for $22!

Return to “Central Okanagan”