Westbank Firehall Christmas Display this year?

watchkat
Übergod

Re: Westbank Firehall Christmas Display this year?

Post by watchkat »

The Westbank Seniors Activity Centre is right next door. The facilities for seniors, senior apartments are in the area. The idea is easy access to shopping, doctors, etc in the area around this. The Lion's complex for seniors is two blocks away, etc.

The low income housing is behind Save On and I think another is nearby.

Many don't drive and can't drive. Many walk to shop etc and therefore not easy to get to Mount Boucherie. Have you tried the bus schedules to even get to there from the Zeller's Walmart area.
Believe me, I know of some that travel from over there to the Hub area etc and it is a "killer" to make connections.
hot4words

Post by hot4words »

that our city council making decisions without consulting the community and how we fell about community issues...just like the ice cream truck music
Happytobehere
Fledgling

Post by Happytobehere »

Despite all of the talk about mayor and council wanting to revitalize Westbank and keep it an active place, this is another example of them doing otherwise.
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

Happytobehere wrote:Despite all of the talk about mayor and council wanting to revitalize Westbank and keep it an active place, this is another example of them doing otherwise.

Best rebuttal yet.
blueberry
Fledgling

Post by blueberry »

Between this move and the plans to use the Hockeyville money for an electronic sign near Mt. Boucherie it seems like the heart of West Kelowna is destined to be wherever the politicians offices are.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

So!? How did the light up go? I hear nothing about it....as well as I didnt go there either because a> outta the way and b> I hate that area because its so awkward for parking and the parking lot is all dirt and then its a mess when trying to leave...so I didnt bother..

But from the lack of anyone saying something...im guessing it was a bust...

Its still great that the firehall put up some lights because i see it all the time driving by it...i like what they did to the big tree next to petro canada as well...but unfortunatly i probably wont go outta my way to see the hall unless i go see a hockey game any time soon.

hope it goes back to the firehall again next year.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
dudevondudenstien

Post by dudevondudenstien »

I was told that Municipal Hall will have the big holiday light setup from now on.
I was also informed that they moved away from the firehalls set up due to safety concerns.
The large plywood structures would get blown over all the time and damage the roof as well.

Return to “Central Okanagan”