WFN rights

waterwings
Übergod

Re: WFN rights

Post by waterwings »

theyeti wrote:and the poor wfn is here left getting hated upon

NO one I know hates as you put it the "poor wfn". What is hated by myself is the expectation across Canada that the "apology" was a first step on the ladder of expectation and along the way up the ladder the "people" have yet to accept responsibility for their very own actions; and they have yet to accept the accountability of keeping it on the lands that we are still paying for after all these years. Some bands do well! Some bands do not, however, enough money has been spent that the bands need to learn their own lessons and "PAY" for them. The expectation that taxpayers will continue into infinity is ridculous and it is time that the people stopped expecting that their mistakes are mine to pay for.

Some of us understand guilt. Some of us willingly paid for our ancestors stupidty. It is time the people started paying for their own.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Graham Adder wrote:If you could find a voice to express yourself without coming off like you dislike First Nations people, and use diplomacy in your correspondence, it might serve a fruitful purpose rather than shutting the topic down...again...for fear of having to try to talk sensible with someone unwilling to budge from their soap box.

...and eventually silence falls once more and you're the only ones left in the room.

“Misunderstanding arising from ignorance breeds fear, and fear remains the greatest enemy of peace.” Lester B. Pearson

Fear.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Graham Adder wrote:...and eventually silence falls once more and you're the only ones left in the room.

“Misunderstanding arising from ignorance breeds fear, and fear remains the greatest enemy of peace.” Lester B. Pearson

Fear.

Graham, is someone asks a question or makes a statement about the issue and the reply keeps coming back that they're wrong, ignorant, or racist with no explanation, nothing really moves ahead. If you want to play the role of teacher, just marking reports as wrong without giving an explanation really won't enlighten those you're trying to mark. Again, if you find something you don't agree with, discussing it will probably be more beneficial than calling them ignorant.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
wonderland

Post by wonderland »

zzontar wrote:

Please quote where I said white people had nothing to do with native problems. What I said was the majority of white people had nothing to do with it. Perhaps as it's the natives descendants who are being compensated for past abuse, it should be the descendants of those who did the abusing who should do the paying. You game?

Well you are wrong again , it was the white goverment that made the decisions and it was the whites who voted the white goverment and the majority of voters where white aswell ,History would say that the majority of white people had everything to do with it.....
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

wonderland wrote:
Well you are wrong again , it was the white goverment that made the decisions and it was the whites who voted the white goverment and the majority of voters where white aswell ,History would say that the majority of white people had everything to do with it.....

You should maybe try going to countries like Sweden and try to get them to feel guilty about being responsible for the native situation here and see what kind of response you get.
wonderland

Post by wonderland »

zzontar wrote:
You should maybe try going to countries like Sweden and try to get them to feel guilty about being responsible for the native situation here and see what kind of response you get.

No reason for that there are lots here ,and if they are in there own contries wy would I ask them for there opinion they are on there native land .I guess I could ask them if the americans came to Sweden and took over there land and left them only non desirable land to live on and try to wipe out all the Swede by poisen and offer americans a reward for the Swede scalps .Man I could just go on and on but I hope you get the picture for some resone I dont think you have very much knowledge of what went on not so long ago .I have to live with the effect of what went on and so do you ,do your part and educate yourself all the answers are there just look for them .
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

wonderland wrote:
No reason for that there are lots here ,and if they are in there own contries wy would I ask them for there opinion they are on there native land .

Are you saying that someone who lives in Sweden is not responsible for what happened to the natives, but if someone moves here from Sweden they are because they're white?
wonderland

Post by wonderland »

zzontar wrote:
Are you saying that someone who lives in Sweden is not responsible for what happened to the natives, but if someone moves here from Sweden they are because they're white?

I am saying wy not ask someone who is on the same land rether then ask someone who is on another continet.
example wy ask a Mexican whats the prise of ice in greenland
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I'm asking you, do you think anyone that moves here from another country is responsible for what happened to the natives because they're white?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

zzontar wrote:I'm asking you, do you think anyone that moves here from another country is responsible for what happened to the natives because they're white?

Nope.

At the same time, whatever deal the natives and this country have is out of your hands. If they have special rights, it's their rights, you're not concerned here.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Captain Awesome wrote:Nope.

At the same time, whatever deal the natives and this country have is out of your hands. If they have special rights, it's their rights, you're not concerned here.

If negotiations are between 2 governments, I can't see why it can't concern the the citizens of both governments, especially the ones who have to pay for a deal struck long ago that they were no part of. It shouldn't surprise you that taking away rights of one group to give special rights to another group wouldn't fare well with everyone. There have been billions of dollars basically thrown away with the mismanagement of native funds, then combine that with the mismanagement of billions of dollars involving non-native issues, and as a taxpayer you start to feel like you're trusting an investor with your money only to see him betting it at the horse races later. Why you don't think this should be a concern of everyone is beyond me.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

zzontar wrote:If negotiations are between 2 governments, I can't see why it can't concern the the citizens of both governments, especially the ones who have to pay for a deal struck long ago that they were no part of.

Well, you say you weren't here and none of your parents were here. The problem doesn't concern you - from what I've gathered - so the solution shouldn't concern you either.
wonderland

Post by wonderland »

zzontar wrote:I'm asking you, do you think anyone that moves here from another country is responsible for what happened to the natives because they're white?

I think that someone imergrating to Canada and are asking for Canadian citizenship has to do alot of resurch and get to know Canada and get familure with what the country is about and its laws ect by doing so they must agree with the laws regulations and be willing to accept them as there own or thay dont and do not become a canadian citizen.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Captain Awesome wrote:Well, you say you weren't here and none of your parents were here. The problem doesn't concern you - from what I've gathered - so the solution shouldn't concern you either.

You gathered that the problem DOESN'T concern me? Hopefully you're a hunter because you're a horrible gatherer.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

zzontar wrote:You gathered that the problem DOESN'T concern me?

Yes, in a sense that you don't care what happened between this country and native population years ago - it wasn't you involved here, it wasn't your parents, so in that sense it's not your problem, but neither is the solution worked out between natives and this country.

Return to “Central Okanagan”