What will go into the empty Zellers Location?

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: What will go into the empty Zellers Location?

Post by Fancy »

Tear everything down and put in more condos?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

I always thought RONA would be the perfect fit for the old Extra Foods location...

I'll add another person that heard it's City Furniture.. I'll ask my neighbor tomorrow!
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Fancy wrote:Tear everything down and put in more condos?

No way and besides they would never sell the market sucks, just tear them down because the chances of anything going in any of them anytime soon is unlikely, they are an eyesore and will just fall apart with time. Decide what to do with the space when and if the market ever gets so good that we need anything there that we dont already have. The retail vacancy rate in West Kelowna should almost be entered in the guiness world records. that whole complex on the way south out of town may as well be torn down to. And then we have the gas stations that have shut her down and are an eyesore and then there is all the new strip mall retail area that is 3/4 vacant and places coming and going that are in the leased spaces.
graham2007

Post by graham2007 »

I am really not sure why more is being built when they cant fill the spaces already there. Now i have heard some business owners signing a very good first term lease, then when that term is due the lease rate is spiking, could this be why so many businesses have already come and gone ?? If the rates are really high or un reasonable then how or who can or will fill these spaces they will just make people go to kelowna where there is more competition to fill spaces and better lease rates.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

Well, local business guru, John Thomson said it is going to be City Furniture. Then it must be true.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

We don't know where he got that "word" from.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

I've got 50 cents that says that City Furn is not going there. The place was a desert in their previous location. They're not likely to double down on a much larger W. Kelowna location.
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.

Return to “Central Okanagan”