Food poisoning from local fast-food chain

western_star
Übergod

Re: Food Poisoning from local fast-food chain

Post by western_star »

totoramona wrote:Steve-O: Your statement about food borne illness is incorrect.
Here are some illnesses that become apparent earlier than 24 hrs:

1. Symptoms of C. perfringens may occur within 6 to 24 hours after eating contaminated food. The usual onset time is 10 to12 hours.
2. People infected with E. coli can have a wide range of symptoms. The following symptoms can appear within one to ten days after contact with the bacteria...
3. People infected with norovirus usually develop symptoms of gastroenteritis within 24 to 48 hours, but symptoms can start as early as 12 hours after exposure. The illness often begins suddenly.
4. Most people with salmonellosis develop the following symptoms 6 to 72 hours after being infected...

Source: Canada Food Inspection Agencey: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/consumer-centre/food-safety-tips/food-poisoning/eng/1331151916451/1331152055552

In my experience, children will develop symptoms earlier, as their digestion is quicker.

About 3 or so hours after I ate I started getting a bad headache and about 6 hours later I was sweating and puked. This is the second time I ever got food poisoning and the first time it was about the same .. took about 6 hours to puke.
bigchef
Fledgling

Re: Food poisoning from local fast-food chain

Post by bigchef »

There only 3 or 4 inspectors for all of Kelowna area. They only have time to do initial inspections and reports of food poisoning.
western_star
Übergod

Post by western_star »

bigchef wrote:There only 3 or 4 inspectors for all of Kelowna area. They only have time to do initial inspections and reports of food poisoning.

Well I think I should make a report of food poisoning to the health inspector then. I should have made the complaint back in January.
travelingman

Post by travelingman »

*removed/try again without the ridiculous off-topic comments/Jo*
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

*removed/try again, this time keep it on topic/Jo*
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
western_star
Übergod

Post by western_star »

bigchef wrote:Food poisoning is a tough issue for many reasons. First, 99% of food poisoning comes from the family home, not a restaurant. Second, if you complain to IH they will investigate immediately. They will test temps on fridges, cooking procedures, safety and sanitation procedures. If no other complaints were made in the same time period then likely it is not the restaurant but something else. Unfortunately, you will never know. Thirdly, food poisoning takes around 10-12 hours to set in. Unless of course the food was actually rotten in which case your stomach will pretty much try to eject the food immediately. Health inspectors also take the time frame into account.

Unfortunately for restauranteurs, most time someone becomes sick a couple hours after eating at a restaurant they immediately blame the restaurant when in 99% of cases it is something the person did at home. Not to say that this is case here, but those are the facts and it's a good thing you can't say the name of the restaurant on here. Because if it turned out to be untrue you would be liable and could get your pants sued off. No one wants that.

So the day I got food poisoning I didn't eat since the night before then I had chicken and had a headache. Thought I wasn't feeling that well so decided to stop at a different fast food joint to head home with. Part way through eating the second joints food my stomach started to be upset and I only ate a few bites of fish and put it down. On the way home my headache was really bad and I was sweating. About 35 minutes later after I put the second joints food down I puked. So do you think I got it that fast from the second joint .. like I felt upset stomach after I only took a few bites of the second joints food. Can it happen that fast I wonder? I know the last time I got food poisoning I got a headache about an hour or two after I ate and for like 4 hours the headache kept getting worse, and I started sweating and then I puked. That's why I think it was the first joints food. Maybe I am wrong, if its true that you can get sick as soon as you start eating??
mxtaylor
Fledgling

Post by mxtaylor »

yes, that's the first thing I do if I start to feel sick. run over to Mcdonalds and wolf down some greasy food, then go across the street and fill up with kfc....maybe stop in for a gas station hot dog on the way home. Hmmm, I don't feel well..wonder why.
Pkunko
Fledgling

Post by Pkunko »

mxtaylor wrote:yes, that's the first thing I do if I start to feel sick. run over to Mcdonalds and wolf down some greasy food, then go across the street and fill up with kfc....maybe stop in for a gas station hot dog on the way home. Hmmm, I don't feel well..wonder why.

:dyinglaughing:

Return to “Central Okanagan”