Grow ops in your neighbourhood

Steve-O
Übergod

Re: Grow Ops in your neighborhood

Post by Steve-O »

Feel your pain Spocky. I tried to logically discuss an issue with another Castnetter but since my opinion differed from theirs, I was wrong end of storey. Another jumped in to defend my side and was attacked as well, he gave up "Better off trying to push water up a hill" was his parting comment.

Where am I on this topic. Grow ops all around us, there is no denying that fact. Should it be legalized? I watched the documentry regarding this made by a fella from Kelowna (cant recall the name of the doc at the moment) and he layed things out that made sense. Reality is my pot smoking neighbors, who if you listen to them, will one day rule the world can't get off their too stoned butts to get started. So I see the down side to it and the merits of legalizing it are obviously debatable. And like you mention Spoky, it is illegal at the moment despite anyones opnion for or against and using, growing, distributing makes you a criminal.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Spocky wrote:My bold/itals. When the #$%& did I ever state those things? I really think that Castanet should offer a post comprehension course for the reading challenged. Welcome to the Castanet Twilight Zone where you write a post about liking burgers and you're accused of cannibalism. And no, this is not a true and honest democracy, it's a totalitarian dictatorship run by the world's sexiest man in Pyongyang. Since this is taking on the marked appearance of Looney Tunes, Beedeah, Beedeah, Beedeah, That's All Folks!

Where did you say that?
Spocky wrote:I oppose cannabis legalization,

Right here.
Or were you completely unaware that's what you're defacto supporting? I mean, seriously? You can't be this naive can you? Right, You have the answer without even knowing the question. Logical.
And of course, absoletely nothing of substance in your replies, only halfbaked insults. Shows me much. I'm not going to bother anymore, when people write like this ^^ I know they've nothing of value to say.
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

WhatThe wrote:Where did you say that?
"I oppose cannabis legalization"
Right here.
Or were you completely unaware that's what you're defacto supporting? I mean, seriously? You can't be this naive can you? Right, You have the answer without even knowing the question. Logical.
And of course, absoletely nothing of substance in your replies, only halfbaked insults. Shows me much. I'm not going to bother anymore, when people write like this ^^ I know they've nothing of value to say.

Huh?

Huh?

HUH?

"You favour systems that support and fund terrorism, organized crime, political ambition and job security over the lives of your fellow citizens" because I do not agree that people should get stoned legally?

Outrageous, absurd, and patently incoherent gobbledigook that would get you thrown out of any Civics 101 class. Please kindly consider substituting your THC inhalations for psychopharmaceuticals that could ameliorate your delusions.

Steve-O wrote:Feel your pain Spocky. I tried to logically discuss an issue with another Castnetter but since my opinion differed from theirs, I was wrong end of storey. Another jumped in to defend my side and was attacked as well, he gave up "Better off trying to push water up a hill" was his parting comment.

Where am I on this topic. Grow ops all around us, there is no denying that fact. Should it be legalized? I watched the documentry regarding this made by a fella from Kelowna (cant recall the name of the doc at the moment) and he layed things out that made sense. Reality is my pot smoking neighbors, who if you listen to them, will one day rule the world can't get off their too stoned butts to get started. So I see the down side to it and the merits of legalizing it are obviously debatable. And like you mention Spoky, it is illegal at the moment despite anyones opnion for or against and using, growing, distributing makes you a criminal.

Thank you for stating clear and supportable opinions. You are very rare around here and I both appreciate and support your position. The noise to signal ratio becomes deafening around here in many occasions, and it is this last little exchange that has convinced me to stop getting involved in a variety of conversations around here which swiftly degrade into little more than ludicrous epeen sessions. I'm sure that there are many who are cheering right now at my semi-departure, but I want to ruin their celebrations as I will not hesitate to jump in when there is a critical bit of information I wish to share or derive. Otherwise, hasta la vista. Live where you love and love where you live! The Okanagan ROCKS! Over and OUT!
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

*try again, this time on topic and without the personal attacks/Jo*
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

I see the crowd who figure legalizing pot will be the death knoll to organized crime [loss of revenue] still have their heads firmly buried in the sand or up some other dark place. Perhaps that statement is a little harsh, but for the life of me I can't understand what would make anyone think that organized criminals are going to give up their wayward behavior in favor of lawful endeavors as a consequence of legalizing pot. There is no way they would shift their energies to some other drug and continue to fight over territory, distribution, etc., etc. Most assuredly, the people who are saying legalizing pot is the answer to the organized crime problem don't really believe it... rather it is just another arguement that the pot heads advance [in adnauseum] to support their campaign to get their mind altering herb made legal. I read an article in The Province today that made the following statement: "At the start of 2012, there were 4,169 Health Canada-approved grow-ops in the province. By the end of 2012, the number had jumped to 11,601. B.C. accounts for over half of the growing licences issued in Canada". - If those statistics are accurate, someone ought to explain why BC has so many people who are suffering from conditions treatable with cannabis. Over half the legal grow ops in Canada!!!!!!! That is a pretty difficult statistic to explain other than to believe that the pot smokers in BC have figured out how to get a doctor to prescribe dope smoking as therapy for their ailments. It would be comical if it weren't so pathetic.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

We should legalize marijuana .not because it will stop crime its because its the right thing to do.Most agree it is less harmful than tobacco and alcohol .In fact many use pot like a medicine to quit these more harmful substances,to relieve cancer and other illnesses.i think the lion share just want cheap easy and abundant smoke.You will not get it in the hands of the government.Some things are best as they are until more attitudes change.
Is any one having a hard time getting weed?
Growing dope in residential areas will only set the cause back.
People who do this are not smart organized criminals.They are wannabees who make growers look bad.The real crops are so well hidden and so intelligently organized you will never find them.Even when the cops made their big busts I doubt that any one went with out.
here's a wannabe highender .not good enough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaijnL9V2qA
Peace be with you.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Anyone have an idea why the BC statistic for the number of legal grows amounts to over half of the legal grows in the entire country?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Anyone have an idea why the BC statistic for the number of legal grows amounts to over half of the legal grows in the entire country

its good for our economy,i think the bc pot lobby is of the worlds finest.
http://www.biv.com/article/20120703/BIV ... ss-growing
Peace be with you.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

I think the government will wait it out to see what if any benefits come from the law change in Washington. I assume that if they can provide positive figures showing real benefits to all concerned then it would give the Canadian government something to latch onto.
Lets face it if the general public thought that pot was absolutely safe and that it could be grown and controlled responsibly and that all the proceeds from the taxes would go towards improving our schools, hospitals, roads and we were all going to live in a safer more caring environment then there would be mass support.
Chances of any of those things being true and holding firm are very very slim. IMO.
What we are left with is a drug that some want legalized and some don't but conflicting evidence as to its long term effects.
keeny
Fledgling

Re: Grow ops in your neighbourhood

Post by keeny »

Another life lost to a pointless law... that mans blood is on the hands of everyone not fighting for change. Funny that people think this would continue even with legalization, when people could get the plant for cents per gram, as opposed to 6-10$ a gram. Think 3000 plant grows would still get ripped off when the net profit after bullets, gas and time ends up being 20$ as opposed to 30,000$? I doubt it, sincerely.

No, legalization will not stem organized crime, as pot is just one of the avenues they currently exploit. It will give them a whole lot less to work with though, and restrict their funding. Explain to me how that is a bad thing?

All I keep seeing are people who enjoy having their tax dollars flushed down the drain fighting nature(human and plant).In my eyes, you are the criminals, depriving our province of potentially billions in tax revenue because of your ancient(read: outdated) religious or right wing beliefs.

If I find your next post to be lacking treble, I will refrain from dignifying it with a response, as is the case with our dear friend who shall not be named.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The three headed dragon;

A) Legalize marijuana and almost all of our financial, crime, gang, drug addition problems will be solved;

B) Come down harder on marijuana growers and sellers; or

C) Use impartial knowledge and intelligence to determine how any presently known drug should be deal with by society.

CORRECT INTERIM ANSWER: In the absence of adequate and thorough scientifically supported evidence to identify and deal with the causes and treatments of/for human addictions everyone should continue to give their own personal emotional response to a question requiring a scientific answer to have any validity.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

There, a page worth of kindergarten-level posts removed. Try again, this time keep it civilized.
melscarandtruckrental
Fledgling

Post by melscarandtruckrental »

Off topic. Trip
Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your an idiot than open it and confirm it !!!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

everyone should continue to give their own personal emotional response to a question requiring a scientific answer to have any validity.

There is plenty of study going on all the time.They just keep ignoring the ones studying marijuana,and keep looking for answers elsewhere that are more agreeable.
The question is will the government taking further control of medical M cause an increase in these residential grow ops as demand for a less commercial strains increase.
Peace be with you.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To WhatThe ...

I wonder if you could explain your allegation that "unscrupulous men on both sides of the law get rich" from the present laws governing grow operations? Surely you are not suggesting that the police officers who are required to (by law) enforce the laws made by the politicians in our society are taking unfair advantage of the requirement that they do their job? Or are you like any number of other ego centric people in our society saying the police should only be enforcing the laws that YOU feel should be enforced. Is that why you are saying the police are unscrupulous? The last I checked Canada was a Democracy ... not an Oligarchy.

Return to “Central Okanagan”