Two bodies recovered from SUV

Dash5
Übergod

Re: Two Bodies recovered from SUV

Post by Dash5 »

jady wrote:My husband works his butt off in Alberta so does that mean from now on when Im driving my Black Escalade the ppl of Kelowna are going to think I purchased it from drug money! Sheesh! Enuf said! My heart goes out to the family of these 2 people and there kids, right they made there choices and way of life but there family didnt.

samsquench07 wrote:Personally, for that reason alone is why I would never by and Escalade. Drug dealers have gave that vehicle a bad name.

Why anyone would want to buy an Escalade in the first place is beyond me. The obvious gangster/wanna-be gangster image aside, they are nothing more than over-priced Suburbans or Avalanches. So in short, yes, if I see a black Escalade "drug dealer/gangster" would come to mind much before "soccer mom driving practical family vehicle".

"Hey look at me I have lots of cash to waste on a gas guzzling, blinged-up, re-badged Chevy cause I'm a bad *bleep* and that's how I roll!"

FWIW, same can be said for Hummers as well. Thankfully they stopped making them so eventually we'll be seeing fewer and fewer of them.
Last edited by Dash5 on Feb 21st, 2013, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
GIS_Dude

Post by GIS_Dude »

Just for the record...Escalades do not burn any more gas that everyone of you's half ton pickup's. Same engines & frames, just enhanced suspension, body styles & interior finishings.

As you were...
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

janalta wrote:
No, but hooking up with a drug dealer usually does.

No one's saying she wasn't a nice person, don't know, never met her....but it's tough to deny that her life took a quick and dramatic turn for the worse judging from the photos.
Trying to keep up with the heavy drug scene takes a toll.

She was probably more involved then just a girlfriend. I would imagine a tanning business is a great way to clean money.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

SurplusElect wrote:Keep it up DEA/RCMP. We are making these guys rich and killing people because we insist on making a plant worth untaxable gold!

You do realize that this would still happen even if pot was legal here right? It would just be different drugs being smuggled.

LyricalOne wrote:Unbelievable!!! Speculation abounds, assumptions rule and prejudices reign supreme. I am a believer in free speech but some of the comments made in this forum will forever be view-able by not only the families but the children of the two people who lost their lives. This will ALWAYS be available for the innocents to read abut their parents.

The parents brought this on themselves. If people don't want to know what the okanagan thinks about some drug dealer and his girlfriend, they shouldn't open this thread.

jady wrote:jusy saying that just because u have nice vehicles and toys does not mean it comes from drugs, there are hard working individuals still out there, and no i could care less what people think..Just dislike the stereotyping thats all.

If you don't want people to stereotype your vehicle, then don't drive a vehicle that has a stereotype. There are plenty of other SUV's to choose from, if you don't want to be associated with drug dealers then don't buy a vehicle that's associated with drug dealers.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

GIS_Dude wrote:Just for the record...Escalades do not burn any more gas that everyone of you's half ton pickup's. Same engines & frames, just enhanced suspension, body styles & interior finishings.

As you were...

:dyinglaughing:

Great argument!
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

cutter7 wrote:I have talked to tiffany a few times as I frequented her tanning business many times each year before my annual vacations.

She was a very nice girl and I always thought she was genuinely nice person. The last time we spoke she talked about how she liked to hike a nature trail above the campsite on westside road. ( which would explain her being in extremely good shape)

She was often at her work place and from my observations was hard working and good to her staff.

I rarely saw her in make up like in the pictures shown so I was not sure it was her until the news mentioned her business .

All you losers who feel the need to talk trash about a deceased person, if thats what you have to do to make your pathetic lives feel a little better. I feel sadness for you , not like the sadness I feel for us losing a person as beautiful inside and out as tiffany but a sadness for society that has poor souls like you wandering through it looking for people to talk down about.

All you losers?
Who's the loser here?
Is the loser the person defending the parasites of our community, or the people standing their ground (proverbially speaking) against these parasites and defending the rights of ALL to walk safely down the streets without fear?

Remember that childhood saying "cutter"?
If you're pointing a finger at someone else, there are three fingers pointing at you.
Have a look in the mirror and tell us what you see.

I suspect the general public is relatively well represented on this forum and in this thread, and I think it's obvious that more people are fed up, sick and tired and working on a zero tolerance program toward parasites than those who support these clowns.
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

underscore wrote:You do realize that this would still happen even if pot was legal here right? It would just be different drugs being smuggled.

You do realize if pot was legal, ALL of the police resources could be focused on those "different" drugs - (Hell, they might even make some progress for once during the entire history of prohibition)
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Corneliousrooster wrote:You do realize if pot was legal, ALL of the police resources could be focused on those "different" drugs - (Hell, they might even make some progress for once during the entire history of prohibition)

:rate10:
LyricalOne

Post by LyricalOne »

Removed by author!
Last edited by LyricalOne on Feb 21st, 2013, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy."
"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly"[/b]
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

LyricalOne wrote:Sometimes, the heart wants what it wants.

When you have a couple of little kids, maybe listening to your head a little more than your heart could be beneficial.

A convicted cross border drug smuggler - and you don't think there is going to be any fall out from this? I am all for following your heart and accepting peoples baggage but it doesn't mean that all common sense should be thrown out the window.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

LO, I hardly think there are parallels between smoking weed grown and supplied by a small operation and supporting the criminal element that produces and distributes the bath-tub variety of hard, addictive and often lethal drugs and monopolizes the "trade" around the most benign of their drugs of choice...pot.

It's these organizations and their pawns that create the dangers associated (loosely) with marijuana use, not small personal grow op's.
The offense(s) created by the actions of such selfish and easily stereotyped individuals run much deeper than the Mary-Trade in BC. It's the hard chemical drugs that keep addicts down, and they prey on them knowing they are weakened not only by their addiction, but by the laws that bind. They have to buy through dark venues and the risks are overlooked on account of the overwhelming draw that addiction brings.

If we legalize ALL drugs and start to control them...eliminating a black market simply by keeping ALL drugs affordable, we'd be able to use the currently wasted resources to implement effective programs to deal with addictions and the issues that lead those people down that road. That road that doesn't have to lead them to the sewers of society with a "supporter" sitting at the desk at the end of that dark tunnel waiting for them to strap up and hit it.

I'm not out to stereotype vehicles, but I certainly WILL stereotype the losers that play in these bully gangs and I'll stereotype the sheep that follow them about...feeding from the hand of a killer.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

I don't like speculating but what the hell

What if...

These crimes we're not drug / related, but personal. The suspect would know of the drug trade ties to the individual and could make it look like a gang hit or whatever...
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Been watching too much CSI.Has there been a murder in Kelowna in a while that wasn't drug related?
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Corneliousrooster wrote:You do realize if pot was legal, ALL of the police resources could be focused on those "different" drugs - (Hell, they might even make some progress for once during the entire history of prohibition)

Right, so now they're using the same resources, just chasing a different drug (and chances are a "harder" drug). So you've achieved little.

LyricalOne wrote:You see, many of you that are commenting or judging also perpetuate the drug trade...

We do? Based on what information? Are you in the bathroom right now, because you're most definitely pulling this out of your *bleep*.

Graham Adder wrote:If we legalize ALL drugs and start to control them...eliminating a black market simply by keeping ALL drugs affordable, we'd be able to use the currently wasted resources to implement effective programs to deal with addictions and the issues that lead those people down that road.

Not to mention the quality can be controlled, which would likely reduce deaths and OD's. If I remember right, during a presentation on drugs in my school (many years ago) they told us that pure ecstasy had very little impact on the body. The problem was that you'll never get anywhere near pure ecstasy on the streets, most of the time it's a mish mash of all kinds of crap because pure ecstasy is expensive to make.

Of course you don't want to make the drugs too affordable, but they would need to be below whatever normal street costs are.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

baconbits wrote:I don't like speculating but what the hell

What if...

These crimes we're not drug / related, but personal. The suspect would know of the drug trade ties to the individual and could make it look like a gang hit or whatever...

To me...doesn't matter.
The fact is these people played in the ring that is responsible for the breaking up of families through addictions that were promoted, fed and nurtured by the greed these people displayed in their actions.
The fact is, they were a key part of the blight on society that has been and still is breaking down community and feeding off the weak.
The fact is, people die on account of what these greedy, selfish people justify as an acceptable means to advancing through this life.
There are far too many negatives to their lifestyle for me to overlook that regardless of the reason they "went down".

Return to “Central Okanagan”