New West Kelowna Video Rental Place - Okanagan Valley Video

tylo

New West Kelowna Video Rental Place - Okanagan Valley Video

Post by tylo »

A new video rental place has opened up this week in West Kelowna.

**Disclaimer** I'm not affiliated with this business at all, I was just impressed with the store and want to see businesses in West Kelowna prosper!

I went in there tonight for the first time and was super impressed. They have a big selection of new and old releases, regular DVD and blu-ray, and some video games.

The owner Donna was working and was friendly and helpful.

Prices are reasonable and cheaper than "on-demand". Under $5 for new release DVD's (including blu-ray), $3.50 and under for non new releases, and $1.50 for really old DVD's.

I don't know about you, but I love physically renting a movie. I was sad to see Blockbuster go. But if you like movie rentals, you should check this place out!
Teaps
Board Meister

Re: New West Kelowna Video Rental Place - Okanagan Valley Vi

Post by Teaps »

Where is it?
dgroomer

Post by dgroomer »

I believe it is beside the Pepper Pot on Bylands road and straight across the Hwy from Riley's pub.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Are rentals for new releases 1.50 like all the red boxes!
GT500

Post by GT500 »

fall wrote:Are rentals for new releases 1.50 like all the red boxes!

Don't be so cheap. Support local small business!!
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

If only it were that easy and money were no object and who cares about saving a buck. Sadly every thing seems to keep going up but what people make so when you have a chance to save money Im doing it! Maybe be aware of what type of business you open ahead of time and what you are competing with! The red box is a job for someone I support them and I save money, cant support everyone!
Sweetjjp

Post by Sweetjjp »

What is the name of the place? Same owner for both places?
I live in Glenrosa but I go to Shannon Lake for my rentals. They are only 1.99 for new releases. The store in Glenrosa (in case you ask why I don't go there) they never have anything new. I used to go all the time but they never change their movies. So I waited a few months went back and they had the same movies. So I just stopped going altogether.
tylo

Post by tylo »

Anyways, I went to rent a video yesterday and it's now permanently closed.

The sign on the door said due to family matters the only location now is in Rutland.

Too bad, I rented a bunch of things in the short time it was open.

Another empty commercial space in town...
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Never saw that one coming!
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I love my Apple TV. Easy and convenient.

Anybody that opens up a game/video rental business today is doing so for the short run. There is still a market for these in very small numbers, however as the numbers switching their home entertainment options to network based solutions are increasing by leaps each month, these businesses will be like the 8track tape dealers.

Older people may still rent from time to time but the younger crowd, which is also the largest market by far are rejecting these businesses.

The people who open up them or currently have one must already know this and like I said, it must be for a short term gain while they still can.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Hmmm wrote:Older people may still rent from time to time but the younger crowd, which is also the largest market by far are rejecting these businesses.

I have to agree. Online services, legal and otherwise, have all but killed the video rental industry. There is an independent still running in Summerland but I'd guess that's largely due to the big percentage of retirees in the local population who haven't got on to the huge availability of movies on the internet.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Funny that it's cheaper to rent from a video place than from the use of a button on a remote control on Bell ExpressVu lol.

I prefer to go in person to rent a dvd from a store. Also remember to rewind it before you bring it back!
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

mathieu wrote:Funny that it's cheaper to rent from a video place than from the use of a button on a remote control on Bell ExpressVu lol.

I prefer to go in person to rent a dvd from a store. Also remember to rewind it before you bring it back!

You're why there is still a small market for these. I don't even have a dvd hooked up to my tv anymore, its all streamed.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
morghoul

Post by morghoul »

already closed lmao....
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Believe it or not, but Okanagan Regional Library carries movies check it out http://www.orl.bc.ca/

With a Library membership/card its free..... bonus. If they don't have it make a request and may get it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”