Cat in a tree - Glenrosa

cinisterly

Cat in a tree - Glenrosa

Post by cinisterly »

There's a orange and white, semi-fluffy cat stuck whose climbed way up in a ponderosa a couple doors down. The homeowners tried to find the owners but no one in the neighbourhood seems to know whose it is. He's also called around looking for help to get it down as it's been up there since Thurs morning meowing. If anyone knows anyone in the Country Pines/Ranch Road area of Glenrosa whose missing a cat like this please let me know... or if anyone has any great ideas on how to get it down that would be awesome too, spca says they can't do anything, neither can the fire department. Poor cat, winds been blowing causing the tree to sway lots so he's not having fun up there!
sassybee
Board Meister

Re: Cat in a tree - Glenrosa

Post by sassybee »

Wish I could help! Maybe try one of those "tree people" that trim trees etc. would be able to help you. There's a place on Elliott Rd call the Treeman I think.... worth a try maybe? Can't think of any one else, but maybe there's a couple on the Westside to call.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Any updates? How is the kitty?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Any news on the cat? As my nickname indicates I am a "tree guy", Certified Arborist actually, fully equipped to climb trees. Rescuing cats is not an easy task, they often fight back. If it is truly "stuck" up there let me know, I'd be willing to help out.
sassybee
Board Meister

Post by sassybee »

Wonderful to hear there still is some nice people out there willing to help!
Way to go Treeguy, and keep us posted how it works out!
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Graphite wrote:http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=51791

Not much that is truly helpful there.
Not all cats will come down on their own. In this kind of heat, they might be too weak. Think about it, after a couple of days with nothing to eat or drink, the cat might really be in trouble.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I have also seen geriatric cats that can get themselves up into trees and then can't get themselves back down. I rescued one from on top of a pole once, silly big old cat got himself up there and couldn't get back down. If it is a kitten I wouldn't worry so much about it.

My offer still stands to help out. It is kind of annoying when people post stuff on a forum but then don't follow up or update the info.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

For anyone who does not know, I had read elsewhere that the cat is now safely down.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Did it come down on its own?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

grammafreddy wrote:Did it come down on its own?

This is where I read it.
http://classifieds.castanet.net/details ... t/1689961/

IS THIS YOUR CAT?
Hello Everyone, thanks to the ingenuity and team work of our neighbors the CAT IS DOWN. This cat is approximately 2 years old, is white with orange markings and has an orange and white striped wide racoon type tail. It is gorgeous! She was more than 45' up our tree and someone risked their safety to save him/her. We live in upper Glenrosa in the Country Pines area. We already have two rescue animals ourselves and our neighbors and have pets as well. The family who also helped have two pets. We need YOU to come and get this gorgeous cat and give it the home it deserves. Please call us.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Thanks for the update. I hope kitty finds her way home.
cinisterly

Post by cinisterly »

Sorry for not updating, we were away for the weekend so didn't get back to the forums. However she is down now and from that ad it sounds like they are still looking for her owners. Thanks treeguy for your offer to help, i'm haven't talked with the neighbours yet so not sure how they managed to get her down but happy that she's safe now.
Ironhorse1
Fledgling

Post by Ironhorse1 »

Thank you to the fire department for getting the cat down.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Ironhorse1 wrote:Thank you to the fire department for getting the cat down.

My understanding is that neighbors got the cat down but then they were unable to house the cat as they had pets so they just let the cat go instead of taking it to the SPCA and the cat is now still missing.
At least it was still missing on July 19, when the owner posted this:

http://classifieds.castanet.net/details ... a/1696481/

LOST CAT IN GLENROSA
Hi our 5 month old orange and white kitten WILLOW went missing July 12th in Glenrosa from Ranch Road.
Our kids miss her soooo much! If you have seen her please call 778-754-1292 or 250-870-1537 and leave a message.
I know she was spotted on Country Lane and stuck in the tree and has since been down (I borrowed the picture from those that rescued her as it is most recent). A huge thank you to those that rescued her from the tree! Now if only she could find her way back to us.
Thanks!
Tammy
Contact Seller Locate on the map
Name: TandS
Phone: 778-754-1292

Return to “Central Okanagan”