Rockslide above Shannon Woods

Metdet

Rockslide above Shannon Woods

Post by Metdet »

Did anyone here the rockslide last night above Shannon Woods on Carrot mtn. it was just before 11pm. I have lived here for almost 20 yrs, never heard one that loud. First the smallrocks tumbling then a huge boom like an avalanche..I couldnt believe my ears. I wouldnt live in one of those homes right against the mtn for anything..It wasnt raining, so it was very strange. I did see that there was an earthquake in california at the same time..wonder if its related..anyone know if we are on the same faultlines?
MB
kdsmummy

Re: Rockslide above Shannon Woods

Post by kdsmummy »

I live next to the mountain and never heard a thing. I was in my house with the window open. Maybe it was at the other end of the street.
Metdet

Post by Metdet »

It wasnt last night, it was the wed night about 10:55 pm.
I thought i should clarify that.
I was sitting outside when i heard it.
MB
kdsmummy

Post by kdsmummy »

I just noticed you posted this yesterday, sorry about that. I wouldn't have heard that, we had our air on that night and the windows were closed. A little scary for sure.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

If you are convinced there was a major slide event above Shannon Woods, did you contact the District of West Kelowna to request any form of terrain stability assessment? That is a very big piece of "real estate" above Shannon Woods should a piece of it decide it was time to come down.
laurar

Post by laurar »

Yikes - I live in Shannon Woods and didn't hear anything. We are right against the mountain. Hope it was nothing too serious.
artifact cat
Fledgling

Post by artifact cat »

What about the Pincushion mountai above ponderosa golf course. Looks like same type of rock formation to me.
Please email for picture and further information.

Return to “Central Okanagan”