Going 0km/h on the highway

LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Going 0km/h on the highway

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Sorry dodge but your needs aren't any more important than anyone elses. Learn to adapt, or deal with the congestion, there isn't any magic cure when one lives in a vacation destination area.

If you think it's so darn tough here, perhaps you need to be sent to the lower mainland for a few weeks. Nothing like driving around down there to make one appreciate what we have up here.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

The biggest thing would be to plan to not go into Kelowna until after 7pm...

Traffic wasn't bad at all going home from Kelowna to WK at 5pm, as well all the congestion was gone by 7pm, so beyond laughing at the congestion, I didn't mind it at all :)

I feel really bad for the poor *bleep* that had to come from Vernon to Kelowna, though, apparently it was backed up almost to Vernon due to that one section of one-lane construction... I would not want to be stuck in that.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
shankari2
Fledgling

Post by shankari2 »

mandmgirl wrote:Christie Clark made a campaign promise to build another bridge....

No, that is not quite what she said, she promised to start planning to build another bridge, that is the only thing she committed to! There was NO promise to actually build the bridge! Remember, she said it time and time again, "We have to grow the economy", and added that this was easy.... so when the economy grows, we might get a new bridge!
shankari2
Fledgling

Post by shankari2 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:If you think it's so darn tough here, perhaps you need to be sent to the lower mainland for a few weeks. Nothing like driving around down there to make one appreciate what we have up here.

Yes, but you forget the lower mainland offers some choices, they do have rapid transit... I use it when I am there!
nikonfan
Fledgling

Post by nikonfan »

If you think traffic is bad now wait 2-3 more years and the Peachland traffic will be a daily trek like it was is this weekend. Westbank traffic will be a nightmare and i am sure people will just end up not coming here for their annual vacation.

This idea of having a bypass over Peachland is just a big dream in the sky and it is giving the MOT an excuse to do nothing. They could not even afford or have the fore-site to put an overpass at Butt road (and now look at the mess there) never mind a new highway bypass through tough mountain terrain and deer habitat.
What was needed years ago was a comprehensive Okanagan corridor traffic/highway plan that would take into account traffic patterns well into the future and develop 97C into a 4 lane state of the art transportation corridor. What we have now is a bunch of piece work with Summerland and the entry into Vernon great 4 lane highways where you can travel 100km and hour and then you get to Westbank where it is stop and go into a totally dead downtown that people cant wait to get out of and then 4 lanes again to a 2 lane highway into Peachland that was great until all the traffic lights were put in to cause the chaos we have this weekend.
Its fine for people who never leave Peachland and have the luxury of sitting on their a$$ all summer at the beach to tell us to just put up with it but there are some of us who do work, commute, pay high crazy taxes and would like to get around in a safe, quick, and efficient manor. Its time to give something back to the people who keep the taxes coming in to the coffers and time to update the roads we need to travel on.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

I have to agree that the new lights in Peachland are a joke. Who really thought that was a good idea?
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

The lights in Peachland are great if you have to turn left onto the highway at 13th or Clements. Something is screwed up with the timing though
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Catz wrote:If you live here long enough you learn to take the back routes.
Long weekend...gonna be busy.

Ya,you are right but hauling my boat to bypass the bridge is a little much!
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Its time to bypass Kelowna as well. Too bad that the businesses and coucil are so short sighted as they think it will take business away. If I have to sit in a town in traffick that does not move I get the heck out. And also all those big semi's with all their goods, some real flammable material. Could be an accident waiting to happen.

Return to “Central Okanagan”