Share your positive West Kelowna experiences

samsquench07
Übergod

Re: Share your positive West Kelowna experiences

Post by samsquench07 »

Jo wrote:For once in your life, please try to keep it positive, people. This is not a West Kelowna Slam Thread. Read the OP's post.

I don't think any of this was a slam fest. OP started with westkelowna locations, someone mentioned waterfalls was the only one, but actual its not true, so a couple people stated other areas where water falls are. Whats the big deal with that?
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

its actually positive, because people are pointing to other great locations in the Okanagan, that others may not know, but are a must see, in my opinion. Shorts creek is a great hike. Not downtown westbank, but westside, in my opinion. A nice little drive as well
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Two things here:

1. I was not referring to the comments about waterfalls.

2. When you have a gripe about moderation, PM us, do not derail the thread with your 'rebuttal'.
charliebean
Fledgling

Post by charliebean »

I live in west kelowna and went into this topic looking forward to hearing my neighbors positive experiences.

My positive west kelowna experience is living everyday in such a beautiful place...and seeing how well the DWK has made t his a family friendly place to live, great parks, facilities, etc......Great place to live.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Bear creek is a must hike for anybody. Also head up crystal mountain, summer or winter. Snowmobile trails, skings, hiking in the summer. Only 10 minutes or so away.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Now that I remember, there are great hiking, mountain bike trails, just up glenrosa, past Gormans a little bit. Its been a few years since I biked there, and can't remember the exact spot, but they were amazing, going thru the forest, on skinny but well developed trails.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

For a great view,take Gellatly to Angus dr then right on Harding follow to top,beautiful.
Spent many a night up there, discussing politics and economics ;-)
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Sounds like a great plan! I was also told there's a way up Boucherie Mt?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

mathieu wrote:Sounds like a great plan! I was also told there's a way up Boucherie Mt?

Yep.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

oneh2obabe wrote:Yep.

Ok. :-)
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I think he's asking you to share H2O.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Lived on the West Side for many years and I love pretty much everything about it. It still has a real small town feel and when I lived in GR, I used to love that there were cows off Webber Rd. and that people rode horses all around the area.

The wildlife is cool. Even the odd curious bear. The raccoon's who befriended my border collie and the deer who grazed in my yard.

Driving up to the toboggan hill every Boxing day with the kids and our friends for years. Going up to Jack pine lake and wasting a day fishing.

Canada Day at the lake in the park. westside daze.

Cool place.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

^^ these reasons and more is why I moved back in '04
First moved here in the 70's and in many ways Westbank still has that same feel.
Hell,you can even still see Carter walking around town.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

nickd wrote:Hell,you can even still see Carter walking around town.

Or making sure he gets home safe 'n sound when he's been imbibing. How about the looks on people's faces when they see Morgan getting out of the limo when he goes shopping at the dollar store or Walmart?
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 19th, 2013, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

mexicalidreamer wrote:I think he's asking you to share H2O.

Yeah, yeah - then everybody and their brother would be climbing. Couple of trails up the mountain just under the bell tower at the bend in Elk Road.

Return to “Central Okanagan”