Christy Clarke shoveling dirt

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Christy Clarke shoveling dirt

Post by MAPearce »

I think it's great to see a picture of another major transportation initiative being done by our current government, compared to what we would see under the NDP, which might be a picture of a gopher digging in that location.

At least your getting something other than a hydro rate hike ......

That's all our family is getting .......
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Rwede wrote:

The whole caucus was meeting here. You know, doing the business of running the province that you figure might be done for the price of a McHappy meal.

I think it's great to see a picture of another major transportation initiative being done by our current government, compared to what we would see under the NDP, which might be a picture of a gopher digging in that location.
10/10

LOL . . . so true about a gopher digging in that location if the NDP had won.

It's also funny that the same people who told us that Christy Clark would never show up here are now complaining that she's showing up here! Hilarious!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

samsquench07 wrote:I would expect the premier to fly to things that were valuable. Not saying a rapid bus is not valuable, because it extremely is, but..... to have a photo op to shovel dirt? Little obscene if its on tax payers dollars

Please be so kind as to explain what exactly the difference is whether it's Christy Clark flying in from Vancouver to attend a function here in her riding, or if it were Ben Stewart flying back from Victoria to attend the same function?

Seems to me to be six of one or half dozen of the other, and in reality but another attempt to attack Clark for what in effect is a non issue.

If she didn't come up here it's highly probable you'd be on here with some others complaining about how she's an absentee MLA.

Can't please some people no matter what you do.

Rwede wrote:I think it's great to see a picture of another major transportation initiative being done by our current government, compared to what we would see under the NDP, which might be a picture of a gopher digging in that location.

Or more likely a pack of overfed CUPE workers assembling for another pre election poster op, in preparation for 2017. 8-P
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
popster

Post by popster »

grammafreddy wrote:So the legislature is not having a fall sitting. Where will Christ Clark be since she says it is important for MLAs to be interacting with their constituents? Is she going to take Hamish out of his private school so that she will be where her constituents are? Has she bought a house here yet?

Of course she'll be here... Enjoying the weather, most likely from the roof top infinity pool atop the Grand Hotel. Will be very interesting to see the expenses she racks up during this stint as elected official.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Of course she'll be here... Enjoying the weather, most likely from the roof top infinity pool atop the Grand Hotel. Will be very interesting to see the expenses she racks up during this stint as elected official

exactly, no fall session sounds like a whole lot of nothing going on except spending our money ,she should be in surrey helping out them homeless people, not pretending to dig dirt lol
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

lakevixen wrote:exactly, no fall session sounds like a whole lot of nothing going on except spending our money ,she should be in surrey helping out them homeless people, not pretending to dig dirt lol

Why Surrey? West Kelowna got homeless people too!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

I'd rather see her lowering our taxes - which includes ICBC and Medicare - than shoveling our money away.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Not too hard to identify the Carole Gordon chip on shoulder support group. LOL
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Not too hard to identify the Carole Gordon chip on shoulder support group. LOL

We live in the riding "next door".....

At least your getting something other than a hydro rate hike ......

That's all our family is getting .......

Hope that works for YOU ... I wouldn't mind more of my money in my pocket.

I'd rather feed my family FIRST. Then keep them warm , of course ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Seriously, if this is your biggest complaint, that Christy was shoveling dirt, you really ought to find a hobby or something.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

this doesn't really have anything to do with being a liberal, ndp or whatever..... im just surprised why people think its alright to be bent over by politicians.

Think of the magnitude. Politicans doing this all the time. No wonder the country is in debt. Would you rather pay $1000 dollars for christys flight, to watch her shovel dirt, when she could announce it to the news media for free.... or use that $1000 for a good cause like homelessness or something?
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

This story is from Yahoo news: ( I don't expect politicians to donate their salary, but they all can do a lot better to come back to earth and cut costs for useless travel)

The president of Uruguay, José Mujica, has earned a nickname, "el presidente mas pobre" (translation: "poorest president").

El presidente explained he receives $12,500 a month but keeps only $1,250. The public servant told the newspaper, "I do fine with that amount; I have to do fine because there are many Uruguayans who live with much less."

He and his wife—a senator who also donates part of her salary—live in a farmhouse in Montevideo. His biggest expense is his Volkswagen Beetle, valued at $1,945.

The Uruguayan is not the first president to donate his salary. U.S. President John F. Kennedy, who came from wealth, donated his salary when in office, as did President Herbert Hoover. Hoover, who grew up poor, decided to never accept money for public service, so he could not be accused of corruption.

Its only my opinion, but these are true leaders....willing to be on a more level with their people. That's what its all about.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

I love the name "Rapidbus" is this service going to be using different roads to the other buses and cars? Not sure how "rapid" it is likely to be during rush hour, we all know the HOV is a joke and often no faster than other lanes and as there is no dedicated bus lane what makes it rapid?
On a side note i was almost wiped out by a bus today as it decided to pull out of its stop along Harvey. I know they are supposed to be given a break but to the driver "next time put your friggin indicators on to let drivers know your intentions"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

samsquench07 wrote:this doesn't really have anything to do with being a liberal, ndp or whatever..... im just surprised why people think its alright to be bent over by politicians.

Think of the magnitude. Politicans doing this all the time. No wonder the country is in debt. Would you rather pay $1000 dollars for christys flight, to watch her shovel dirt, when she could announce it to the news media for free.... or use that $1000 for a good cause like homelessness or something?

Oh cut the drama already. When was the last time you paid $1000 to fly up here from Vancouver anyway?

Here's a thought, instead of criticizing from the comfort of your easy chair, lead by example, next election you run for office and for your platform you can promise to work for free, and always pay your own travel expenses.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Here's a thought, instead of criticizing from the comfort of your easy chair, lead by example, next election you run for office and for your platform you can promise to work for free, and always pay your own travel expenses.

no one saying work for free , but as in the senate , politicians should be more resposible when it comes to public money, why cant she drive herself anywhere? oh right she likes going through red lights :)

Return to “Central Okanagan”