Glenrosa traffic

littlet

Glenrosa traffic

Post by littlet »

I have lived on Delray Road for 5 years now, its a nice quiet road with great neighbors.....the problem Im having is with the traffic coming down from Glenrosa. It seems that these people think Delray Road is their own private race track. They speed down the road even though there is a stop sign at the bottom of the road. I cant even count the amount of times I have almost been hit coming into and out of my drive way. They tailgate me even though I have my indicator on signaling that Im turning into my driveway, they honk and squeal their breaks because they have to slow down. Now I understand that these people must be important and they have somewhere to be, but I wonder how they would feel if I came to their street and drove the same way. Any ideas on what I can do to slow down the cars before someone gets hurt?
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Glenrosa traffic

Post by mexi cali »

It aint just you. If you think it's bad on Del Ray, try hanging out on Webber Rd. for a few hours. That will likely astonish you.

And it doesn't end there. All neighborhoods are made up of truly entitled people who reserve the right to the road whenever they are on it and god help you if you get in their way.

Sadly, there is no solution. The answer though lies in the hands of the offenders but there is a disconnect between their hands and their brains.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Sadly, we are only able to treat the symptom, not the problem, because we cannot make people change what they think... that's up to them, and we all know how impossible that would be.

One solution that I approve of, is the 50km/h speedbumps. They have them on Byrns Road in Kelowna, if you hit them at 50km/h or less, they're just a bit of a bump... if you hit them at anything over 55-60km/h, they give you a nice 'reminder' I'll say.. In the way of wreaking havoc on your undercarriage :)

So that's my two cents, add those speed 'humps' wherever there's chronic speeding...
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
3068rocky

Post by 3068rocky »

Now lets talk about the people who let their children play on the road and park their RV's and cars on McIver rd. (Webber rd not so bad).
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

Trust me, I grew up in Glenrosa from the age of 3 months old. Nobody living in Glenrosa has somewhere important to get to - not if they're heading there via Delray. Maybe they didn't hear that Coopers closed.

And don't get me wrong - I love Glenrosa! I was just in Powers Creek Canyon (Glen Canyon? COME ON!) for a run yesterday, up past the dam. Big changes up there - wow.

I agree with the speed bump idea - Topes in Mexico - because there's no better way to slow a speeder than to shred some parts off their car.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Webber Road this am...school zone, bus stopped with flashing lights and stop sign, kids every where...some idiot speeds through and doesn't stop at all. OMG

Return to “Central Okanagan”