Robbed In Glenrosa

Darlin06
Board Meister

Robbed In Glenrosa

Post by Darlin06 »

Woke up this morning... Both our trucks were gone through... Change purse and sunglasses and a pack of smokes stolen.... Left the iPods, CDs, etc. This was on Corral Court just off Gates. Check your vehicles!

I should add... We're missing a white pair of 509 sunglasses and a black pair of Electric sunglasses.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
randosh44

Re: Robbed In Glenrosa

Post by randosh44 »

crap happens locks work
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Locks mean nothing when windows are broken - it happens. Smash and grab.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

You were not robbed as being robbed would infer that violence or threat of violence was used against you. With that being said, it is an irritant to have your car ransacked and sorry that it happened to you. It would probably be wise to leave nothing of value in your car and try to hide items which might visually attract someone to break into your car (e.g., cigarettes, sunglasses, change purses, etc). It is simple target hardening really.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

It is often said that truth is the first casualty of any war
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

CorkSoaker wrote:You were not robbed as being robbed would infer that violence or threat of violence was used against you. With that being said, it is an irritant to have your car ransacked and sorry that it happened to you. It would probably be wise to leave nothing of value in your car and try to hide items which might visually attract someone to break into your car (e.g., cigarettes, sunglasses, change purses, etc). It is simple target hardening really.

What? So what would you call it if their house had been broken into while they were not home, and things were stolen?
Is that not robbery?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Actually it looks like violence or the threat of violence must be used for it to be robbery. Otherwise it is theft.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadian_C ... es/Robbery
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

So were they thefted?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I guess

Or stolened...
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

gardengirl wrote:

What? So what would you call it if their house had been broken into while they were not home, and things were stolen?
Is that not robbery?

Burglary or breaking and entering. Robbery is a violent crime.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

It is often said that truth is the first casualty of any war
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

[quote="gardengirl]
Is that not robbery?[/quote]
If we're arguing semantics, then no, it was not robbery.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

Sunglasses stolen - bet it was someone young and not really in it for anything but the excitement of doing it. Look for your sunglasses adorning the faces of some kids in the neighbourhood soon, and when you find them, be serious but take it easy on them - they're only kids after all.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

marooned wrote:Sunglasses stolen - bet it was someone young and not really in it for anything but the excitement of doing it. Look for your sunglasses adorning the faces of some kids in the neighbourhood soon, and when you find them, be serious but take it easy on them - they're only kids after all.

Don't take it easy on them if they are caught - theft is theft and even kids know better. Adolescents that obviously have a lot more growing up to do.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

I was simply wanting to inform the neighbourhood that it happened and watch out for them. We most certainly wouldn't take it easy on them if we caught up with them.... Theft is theft and even little youngsters know better....
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
tommythecat
Fledgling

Post by tommythecat »

CorkSoaker wrote:
Burglary or breaking and entering. Robbery is a violent crime.

Robbery is an indictable offence where as theft under $5000 is a summary conviction
Positive energy activates constant elevation
process99
Board Meister

Post by process99 »

go easy on em sorta but no..
If it was in fact an adolescent trying to be a man then they should be scared back to being a kid. Then that will be their last break enter and theft.

P99

Return to “Central Okanagan”